From Jerry Sullivan Live Chat

DaGimp

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been a fan of Sullivan but he really nailed it dead on again. Besides the obvious coach not to lose decisions that Jauron makes week in and week out, we have to look at the stupid calls that he makes, or doesn't make at the same time.

We call timeout when the Browns are 3rd and long and we have the on the ropes? It seems every week, he calls a defensive timeout just to have the other team come out and outcoach him and get a first down. Calling timeout with 3rd and 1 only to come back out with the same formation is absolutely baffling.

He pulls this crap every week, those small simple plays that might not standout in the grand scheme but when you go back and watch the game, you scratch your head and wonder if a Pee Wee football coach is making some of these decisions. That's not blasting the Pee Wee coaches, most of them are probably more in tune to what's going on during the game than DJ.

What depresses me about this whole thing is that I really like Jauron as a person. I am sad to see yet another coach fail here, and I am not sure if I can stomach doing this all over again. So he gets fired. Then the Bills bring in another head coach, who probably has another new defensive scheme that requires new personnel. I am sure there will be a new OC as well, who will have to f--- with another young QB's mind.

I am almost certain that Jauron cannot be a winning coach, but I am also almost certain that starting over again likely will lead us into the same problems yet again.

How can Jauron make Edwards throw the ball downfield?????

Read a great article about Edwards injury at www.buffaloruse.com --- makes sense if you read it..

How about they strap a remote controlled tazer to Edwards and give Jauron the button.

Imo, Marty would take this team to the playoffs in 09. He has been around long enough to identify team needs and could probably implement his system almost instantly.

Agreed. Marty would come in and win right away. That is, if he still has the GLEEM.

He's also a Rah-Rah, demanding coach who would be a good change for the players.

And he'd probably take the job for Ralph-type dollars as he is a bit long in the tooth for most teams to hire.

I think the hate people have for Sullivan is hilarious...people here hate him for saying what they don't want to hear, but then come to the same conclusions far later...sure he is wishy washy, praising a player/coach one day, and runnig him out of town the next...but, that is the nature of his job.

Imo, Marty would take this team to the playoffs in 09. He has been around long enough to identify team needs and could probably implement his system almost instantly.

One year when Marty was the Cleveland Coach and the D was playing bad, he changed the whole D scheme from a 3 4 to a 4 3 or vice versa. He knows football :lol:

I think the hate people have for Sullivan is hilarious...people here hate him for saying what they don't want to hear, but then come to the same conclusions far later...sure he is wishy washy, praising a player/coach one day, and runnig him out of town the next...but, that is the nature of his job.

I think people have problems with him because his analytical abilities regarding football barely exist. He'd be a middling contributor on this board. As a public tribune, he's OK. I always read him.

FWIW: Marty said on Sirius that he has "no interest whatsoever in getting back into coaching." He might actually mean it. Who knows?
More than anything, he seems to be pretty emphatic about not wanting to work for a nitwit like Al Davis or Ralph.

Reading that chat makes one realize that a guy like Allen Wilson has a tenfold better understanding of both the team and football than Sullivan. Not that he's wrong; he's just a typical loudmouth spewing opinions based on little knowledge. It's also pretty clear from this that he's a college hoops guy at heart (as he always has been).

I found it very interesting that Allen Wilson made a point to distance himself from Sully's opinions in his chat. Sounds like Wilson may not have the highest regard for Sully's football acumen either.

If I'm reading correctly between the lines, Jauron is gone. Usually, when there are private rumblings that Ralph Wilson wasn't happy about a particular player/coach, the days are numbered.

Reading that chat makes one realize that a guy like Allen Wilson has a tenfold better understanding of both the team and football than Sullivan. Not that he's wrong; he's just a typical loudmouth spewing opinions based on little knowledge. It's also pretty clear from this that he's a college hoops guy at heart (as he always has been).

How much f'n football knowledge do u need to see when a coach or player sucks