ESPN Radio- talking about game last night

zow2

Tirico and Van Pelt talking about the game last night. Nothing we haven't already discussed here but interesting to hear it on a National radio show

1) VP- cannot remember a more remarkable FG (56 yarder) in a cold weather game regardless of the wind conditions.

**warms my heart to know this can only happen to the Bills right?!?

2) VP- cannot understand why the Bills ran 3 straight into the line, as if to "settle" for a 47 yd FG. Thought it was awful play calling and left Lindell in a bad situation.

Tirico- they were terrified to let Trent throw. They couldn't do it.

3) VP- cannot understand whats happened to TE?!?

Tirico- TE was awful, has no vision right now, has no confidence, has no ability ti run the offense. Not sure if its concussion related? Never seen anything like it. Said the Bills had open WR's and TE's all night.

4) Browns have no defense and that will have to improve for them to be a factor down the road. Quinn was not great but got a W. His time is now.

Tirico- TE was awful, has no vision right now, has no confidence, has no ability ti run the offense. Not sure if its concussion related? Never seen anything like it. Said the Bills had open WR's and TE's all night.

This seems like what all the Tuesday Morning QBs are saying...I don't think it's concussion-related, as Jaws talked about last night. And I don't think it's all the loss of Josh Reed.

And did I hear during the broadcast, that the Bills have not attempted a play-action pass ALL season?!?!?

T

And did I hear during the broadcast, that the Bills have not attempted a play-action pass ALL season?!?!?

I brought this up in another thread and was told that its just that TE doesnt sell it well and we had numerous PAP. personally we havent had a QB that can sell it forever can not recall a single true PAP this year. Murph and Kelso keep talking about it being a good time for PAP but we never run it.

2) VP- cannot understand why the Bills ran 3 straight into the line, as if to "settle" for a 47 yd FG. Thought it was awful play calling and left Lindell in a bad situation.

I can't understand this, given Trent threw his best pass of the night to Royal the play before. He seemed to have rhythm on that play.

Tirico and Van Pelt talking about the game last night. Nothing we haven't already discussed here but interesting to hear it on a National radio show

1) VP- cannot remember a more remarkable FG (56 yarder) in a cold weather game regardless of the wind conditions.

**warms my heart to know this can only happen to the Bills right?!?

3) VP- cannot understand whats happened to TE?!?

4) Browns have no defense and that will have to improve for them to be a factor down the road. Quinn was not great but got a W. His time is now.

That is just not true. It seemed like every time they showed the wide screen on replays, there was not a lot of separation.

That is just not true. It seemed like every time they showed the wide screen on replays, there was not a lot of separation.

From what I remember, there were a number of times that receivers got the separation. I remember Evans being open on a couple of plays, one in the end zone while Trent was scrambling.

I agree, the instance with Evans being open in the end zone for instance when Edwards scrambled....he was open AFTER the cb's adjusted to Edward's having scrambled. Before that there was zero separation and it would have been a throw across the body....so if that's what Tirico thinks is wide open, then I'm glad Edwards didn't throw his 4th pick of the night.

Wow, were you watching the Bills game last night? Seriously, OPEN down field most of the time. Pick a Bills receiver who ran a route DOWN FIELD and they were open about 80 percent of the time. Quality QB's find receivers every week that do not have a lot of separation. Trent did this earlier in the year.

You see WR's catching passes with the DB either all over them or very close by all the time? It's the QB's job to get the ball into tight spaces. Edwards confidence is shot and it is the coaches job to get him back to a level where he can succeed.

You see WR's catching passes with the DB either all over them or very close by all the time? It's the QB's job to get the ball into tight spaces. Edwards confidence is shot and it is the coaches job to get him back to a level where he can succeed.

The coaches can help, but TE needs to make it happen himself. If he wants to lead a team, he needs to be able to bounce back from this bad play.

Seemed like TE was most comfortable taking the check down, and that couldn't have been the primary read. Defenses will adjust and take the check down away from him. It will be TE's turn to adjust then, hopefully he will be able to. I really don't want to burn a high draft pick on a qb.

KC is ranked 27th in passing yards per game and has only 6 sacks on the season, worst in the league. That should help this Sunday.

The coaches can help, but TE needs to make it happen himself. If he wants to lead a team, he needs to be able to bounce back from this bad play.

Seemed like TE was most comfortable taking the check down, and that couldn't have been the primary read. Defenses will adjust and take the check down away from him. It will be TE's turn to adjust then, hopefully he will be able to. I really don't want to burn a high draft pick on a qb.

KC is ranked 27th in passing yards per game and has only 6 sacks on the season, worst in the league. That should help this Sunday.

Wasnt the piss poor Cleveland secondary supposed to help him with the last 3 games...lets cross our fingers it works this time

I disagree. On the second pick, the one by the LB. TE tries to force it in between two guys. If he looks left at Evans he is open by fifteen yards. I have seen the replay from behind Edwards and it is obvious...

And there were several other times I saw a guy wide open and TE just looked away and threw it to Lynch....

This seems like what all the Tuesday Morning QBs are saying...I don't think it's concussion-related, as Jaws talked about last night. And I don't think it's all the loss of Josh Reed.

Well, MNF had their facts wrong on a few occasions...

1) Kept saying Steve Johnson got his first catch of the year during the game---no he didn't caught at least one pass a few games ago...

2) Play Action passes were used quite a bit in a few games...not sure what game film they were watching. I specifically remember the Bills running the same play action, rollout bootleg in which Edwards hit the TE to seal the Jacksonville game and also pick up a FD in another game....

Well, MNF had their facts wrong on a few occasions...

1) Kept saying Steve Johnson got his first catch of the year during the game---no he didn't caught at least one pass a few games ago...

2) Play Action passes were used quite a bit in a few games...not sure what game film they were watching. I specifically remember the Bills running the same play action, rollout bootleg in which Edwards hit the TE to seal the Jacksonville game and also pick up a FD in another game....

WE've def used the PA-Pass before...but its a after thought in our gameplanning