Buffalo just never can get away from slights and insults.

Lv-Bills

As a side note, I'm not one who gets mad when people make fun of Buffalo. It doesn't bother me, but jeez, it seems to be growing more and more. In the first case, it's rather telling what one of the NFL's super agents thinks of Buffalo, and it can't help. Oh well.....

So anyway, I can't believe someone didn't post this last week 2 seconds after it happened, or maybe someone did. So, Drew Rosenhaus is on NFL Live, or Sportscenter, or PTI, I can't remember, and he's detailing how his clients make demands on where they want to go. For instance, player X may take less money to stay where he is, but not significantly less. Player Y may only want to play where he is or in a certain conference. And then I quote......he says.......

"Then you have the players that will take the highest bid no matter what the circumstance even if it means playing for Cincinnati or Buffalo".......and then everyone laughed. Kind of pissed me off, but oh well. Not good though, coming from an agent who represents a ton of NFL players.

Then, this morning, and this one was more funny........I'm listening to the Playboy Morning show on Sirius just to get away from football overload and who comes on but Mark Schlereth. So, they are talking about various things and then one of the hosts asks him who are the hottest cheerleaders in the league. Schereth answered that when he played the Raiderettes were known as the hottest. They all laugh a bit, and then talk about florida teams and their cheerleders. Then the playboy dude exclaims this gem while cracking up.....

"So yeah ummmmmm, you never or do we ever want to hear about those Buffalo Bills cheerleaders." And they all laughed histerically, and then changed the subject. UGH. LOL. I mean, those of you that have been to other stadiums know the Jills are pretty weak, but they are still decent. So, here I am trying to get away from football talk and I STILL GET IT ANYWAY.

Well, here's one big PHUCK YOU World........I don't know it just makes me feel better today!

:wallbash:

Until and unless the economic situation in Buffalo is turned around the insults will continue. Everyone in the U.S. knows Buffalo is, and has been, a declining city and there is no way to avoid insults as a result.

Even aside from the economy Buffalo has a tough uphill battle because of the climate. Many people simply do not like the cold and dreariness associated with the winter. If Buffalo can find a way to celebrate the winter and turn it into a positive then some of the jokes will subside.

Finally, I do not know where these agents live but I suspect that many are attracted to a fast, celebrity oriented life. Cities like Buffalo will never fit that description. At its core Buffalo (and WNY) is a family centered region. The Bills and the Sabres are their celebrities. So if the players want to hang out with the Hollywood set it is not going to happen in Buffalo.

BTW people like you and i do not help WNY's cause much - we don't live there any more. In some ways trying to sing the praises of a particular place is a bit hollow coming from people that have left there.

Unfortunately, Buffalo gets a bad rap from people that have never stepped foot in the city because they heard bad things. It is definitely damaging when morons like Rosenhaus perpetuate the bad press. We lose out on players like Gonzalez. But even worse, you lose out when people do not want to visit or do business in Buffalo because they hear silly comments from people like these idiots. It's too bad that these comments reach a big audience.

There is positive press out there once in a while for people that are in the know. Check out the NY Times yesterday for a great article on Buffalo and the architecture.

First, I'd be concerned with someone's psyche if they were at all bothered about what Drew Rosenhaus says.

That said, every other post here is pretty much dead on. I grew up in Jamestown, but moved to Albany because it was the first place my mother got a job after my parents divorced. I love WNY - I always have and always will. I visit friends in Jamestown and Lockport and see the Bills once a year. But I don't live there because my career won't thrive there very well. So, I still live in the Albany area. If the economic situation in WNY was better, I might consider moving back (the wife has this thing against cold & snow, though).

Until and unless the economic situation in Buffalo is turned around the insults will continue. Everyone in the U.S. knows Buffalo is, and has been, a declining city and there is no way to avoid insults as a result.

Exactly.

It isn't the weather. You don't hear them ripping the Twin Cities.

hey, at least the Justice Department still respects Buffalo. In case you had not heard, the InBev-Anheiser Busch merger was approved except that they are making InBev sell off LaBatt as Labatt Blue and Blus light are direct competitors to Bud and Bud Light in WNY. The Justice Department reasoned that beer prices would go up in WNY if the forced sell of did not occur.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...D6iu4gD94EV30O1

First, I'd be concerned with someone's psyche if they were at all bothered about what Drew Rosenhaus says.

That said, every other post here is pretty much dead on. I grew up in Jamestown, but moved to Albany because it was the first place my mother got a job after my parents divorced. I love WNY - I always have and always will. I visit friends in Jamestown and Lockport and see the Bills once a year. But I don't live there because my career won't thrive there very well. So, I still live in the Albany area. If the economic situation in WNY was better, I might consider moving back (the wife has this thing against cold & snow, though).

Is Buffalo really that much colder, snowier, and economically worse off than Albany? :wallbash:

As a side note, I'm not one who gets mad when people make fun of Buffalo. It doesn't bother me, but jeez, it seems to be growing more and more. In the first case, it's rather telling what one of the NFL's super agents thinks of Buffalo, and it can't help. Oh well.....

So anyway, I can't believe someone didn't post this last week 2 seconds after it happened, or maybe someone did. So, Drew Rosenhaus is on NFL Live, or Sportscenter, or PTI, I can't remember, and he's detailing how his clients make demands on where they want to go. For instance, player X may take less money to stay where he is, but not significantly less. Player Y may only want to play where he is or in a certain conference. And then I quote......he says.......

"Then you have the players that will take the highest bid no matter what the circumstance even if it means playing for Cincinnati or Buffalo".......and then everyone laughed. Kind of pissed me off, but oh well. Not good though, coming from an agent who represents a ton of NFL players.

Then, this morning, and this one was more funny........I'm listening to the Playboy Morning show on Sirius just to get away from football overload and who comes on but Mark Schlereth. So, they are talking about various things and then one of the hosts asks him who are the hottest cheerleaders in the league. Schereth answered that when he played the Raiderettes were known as the hottest. They all laugh a bit, and then talk about florida teams and their cheerleders. Then the playboy dude exclaims this gem while cracking up.....

"So yeah ummmmmm, you never or do we ever want to hear about those Buffalo Bills cheerleaders." And they all laughed histerically, and then changed the subject. UGH. LOL. I mean, those of you that have been to other stadiums know the Jills are pretty weak, but they are still decent. So, here I am trying to get away from football talk and I STILL GET IT ANYWAY.

Well, here's one big PHUCK YOU World........I don't know it just makes me feel better today!

:wallbash:

Drew Rosenhaus is one very large A-hole. A man of poor integrity. Don't let what guys like him say bother you.

Drew Rosenhaus is one very large A-hole. A man of poor integrity. Don't let what guys like him say bother you.

He is an a-hole, but he is an a-hole with influence over a lot of players, and these players pass along his negative peception of Buffalo to other players around the league, which obviously hurts the Bills during the free agent signing period.

Even aside from the economy Buffalo has a tough uphill battle because of the climate. Many people simply do not like the cold and dreariness associated with the winter. If Buffalo can find a way to celebrate the winter and turn it into a positive then some of the jokes will subside.

Finally, I do not know where these agents live but I suspect that many are attracted to a fast, celebrity oriented life. Cities like Buffalo will never fit that description. At its core Buffalo (and WNY) is a family centered region. The Bills and the Sabres are their celebrities. So if the players want to hang out with the Hollywood set it is not going to happen in Buffalo.

BTW people like you and i do not help WNY's cause much - we don't live there any more. In some ways trying to sing the praises of a particular place is a bit hollow coming from people that have left there.

I never lived there, as I grew up in Pittsburgh. And yes, I do help as I have season tickets, go to about 6 games a year and eat and drink in Buffalo.

Everything else though, yeah, I hear ya.