Jauron is not going anywhere

Coach Tuesday

There's a giant difference between censorship and ending needless/useless repetition. I would think that would be poignantly clear to someone with the word Sisyphean in his handle. Right? :wallbash:

Now see, you may believe you're making your point by coming back repeatedly and stating why you don't want to see these types of threads/posts. Others may see it as "needless/useless repitition". It's really a "live and let live" situation. Trust me; I had to deal w/ a similar situation years ago when many on this board were so sure that all of the Bills' ills would be cured by drafting a kicker in the 2nd round of the draft. Like I said, live and let live.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the general opinion that we don't need 28 threads about firing Jauron. But I definitely believe he SHOULD be fired. I agree with you that he absolutely WON'T be fired. The extension in mid season was an absolutely HUGE mistake. The team should have waited until the offseason, to see how things went.

My brother and I are in complete agreement that Jauron is losing/ has lost this team. The one moment that sticks out in my mind about Jauron losing this team was in the Dolphin game. EVERY time the fish needed a play they attacked Mcgee. Was that Mcgee's fault? No. He was injured and shouldn't have been out there. The team hung their head after like the 3rd or 4th time Mcgee got torched. It wasn't because he was beaten like a red-headed step child, it was because Dickie Douche refused to change his style to adapt to things like Injuries, trends, and so on. He left mcgee out there when he should been on the bench. IMO- the players knew that no matter what happened, Ginn would be open, and we couldn't stop it. Once a team hangs its head, they are done. Period. Now look at the Patriots game and tell me the team didn't show up with a lapdog, we are gonna get beat attitude? I shudder to think what will happen the rest of the year. You guys predict we win the next three? At this point I would be Happy with 1 win. I am not sure this team will win more than 2 or 3 more times this year. I am very interested to see how this team looks in the first Qtr next Monday. Will we see a team that is fired up and ready to show the league that we are still in the hunt? or will we show up like a Lap dog ready to get kicked?

This is the biggest difference between this year and last year. Last year he was able to motivate and get the most out of an injured team. this year, with less injuries, the team has underperformed. Yeah, yeah, we are 5-4. So what? We had an easy schedule and picked up some iffy wins against inferior opponents. C'mon, we had to come back against the Raiders at home, and against a woeful Rams team. We SHOULD be 6-3 at least, and after we beat Jax and SD i thought we should be 7-2 at this point. NO way should we have lost to the Fish and the Jets at home. but we did. There is lots of blame to go around, but Dickie Douche gets the lions' share because of his complete unwillingness to be flexible. He will be forever mediocre. With a talented team he can win 10 games with his style. With inferior talent he will win 5 or 6. He will never be "the Answer" and lead us to the SuperBowl. And THAT is why people are calling for his head.

This team thought they were going to the playoffs this year. If they start to think that won't happen, does anybody think they will take the blame on themselves? No they will Turn on the coach and blame him. In this case I think they will be correct.

I am 42 years old and I dont want to spend the next 3 years watching the same conservative Douche style. I will, because I wont quit cheering the Bills unless they move, but I damn sure have the right to criticize the Douche for putting a boring, lets play not to lose style on the field. I want a coach who challenges and demands performance from whomever takes the field. Be aggressive. Attack. Blitz. If the LB's aren't getting it done, bring a safety or a DB. Do SOMETHING for Christsakes. Play to WIN! To me, conservative coaches are losing ones.

Sorry for the ramble, I just wanted to get my points in one thread.... :wallbash:

Now see, you may believe you're making your point by coming back repeatedly and stating why you don't want to see these types of threads/posts. Others may see it as "needless/useless repitition". It's really a "live and let live" situation. Trust me; I had to deal w/ a similar situation years ago when many on this board were so sure that all of the Bills' ills would be cured by drafting a kicker in the 2nd round of the draft. Like I said, live and let live.

No, my original point was: is the OP wrong about what he was saying? My last point was: censorship '= telling people to stop stating the obvious over and over, or, attempting to hold themselves above deserved ridicule because they are "entitled" to drop idiotic crap on us. The first argument is nowhere near a repetition of the other. Hiding behind "you can't censor me" when one doesn't have anything new/insightful to say is silly.

I don't doubt your view, but "live and let live" also means I get to call on people to stop needlessly parroting others, or worse, themselves. I was here for the Lindell nonsense, and it's curious that you bring that up. Both situations are very similar = people of questionable football knowledge seizing upon some minor issues and treating them like a cure all.

This team needs a confidence boost, or a swift kick in the rear, or both. It doesn't need more "what we did wrong" analysis(especially from the geniuses here), and certainly not the kind of utter nonsense I have been reading tonight.

So those of you bitching at the OP, let me ask you:

Is he wrong that we have 20 threads talking about the same thing?-> NO. In fact, I haven't been in a week or so and I have never seen this amount of repetitive nonsense tolerated. It begs the question? Where are the Mods?

Is he wrong about the fact that Jauron isn't going anywhere?-> NO. So what's the point? Oh, that's right, I forgot: bitching for the sake of bitching, especially amongst the newbs here. Although, the usual "Bills suck at everything" posters aren't as conspicuous, perhaps they have been drowned out? Or, perhaps they are absent because they won't get the attention their ridiculous positions typically afford them with all the new whiners running around?

And finally, is he wrong about the fact that this is the same guy who has us a winning record?

19-22 is winning? Boy, are you easy to please.

respected around the league?

:wallbash::wacko:

and all the rest? -> NO. So we lost 3 games in a row. That's going to happen with a young team. It doesn't mean it's chicken little time, although I know it's so very tempting for some of you.

It'll be interesting to see what happens after we win the next 3 games. That's right I said it. We are going 3-0. Let's face it: we are going to beat the Browns, Chiefs and 49ers. Then we will see what's what around here. My guess is there will be a whole of explaining to do when we are alone in 1st again at 8-4.

I'm betting on reading a bunch of new excuses of "why" if the Bills reach 6-6.

Wow, OK, cool, so I never realized that all you have to do, in order to make sure your talent you drafted isn't totally wasted, and they never see the postseason until they leave, is to hold onto the coach you have long enough, a la Jeff Fisher. Wow, I never knew that. So Kay Stevenson could have won us a Superbowl if we just kept him around long enough? It has nothing to do with whether the guy you have is good enough? Just keep him as HC long enough and he will eventually figure out how to win?

Awesome. Glad I know that now.

Now all we need to know is how long is long enough.

It is always nice, and much easier to blame the head coach. That justifies saying that you are good enough to win, making one change....simple and painless. Bad news- that isn't the case! Our offensive line stinks. Our defensive line stinks....and because of that, our team stinks. You don't scheme away bad lines and end up with anything better than mediocre.

This team needs a massive overhaul. We haven't had Aaron Schobel for weeks, and he is our only football player listed as a DE- and he is getting older. We are also thin at DT. Brad Butler shows promis it guard, and Dockery it pretty good, but Folwler lives up to his name- he fowls everything up. He is terrible. Walker is adequate at best.

This team was not put together well and can't win no matter who coaches or QB's it

It does always seem that the Head Coach gets more criticism than is deserved when things go south, but I think there's more to it than that.

The fact that the Bills haven't offered the public one guy as the "face" of the current administration is unique. When things go wrong, fans need someone to blame...its easy when its clear that Tom Donahoe or Marv Levy is running the show, but when you have Brandon/Guy/Ralph/Jauron/Modrak/whoever in the front office, people don't know who to complain about.

So the natural response is to cry for the head of the guy who has 3 new interviews a week posted on buffalobills.com...because thats the only voice they hear emanating from One Bills Drive.

Enough with the "fire Jauron" threads. There is ZERO CHANCE in HELL that he'll be fired anytime soon. ZERO. Get it through your thickened, cynical skulls. He just signed an extension. He's stabilized the organization. Ralph loves him. His players love him. He's well-respected around the league. This team just completed two coaching changes in a row prior to Jauron, and as Ralph well knows every time you usher in a new coaching staff you have to start all of the way from scratch, because that coach has his own schemes which will require its own new set of players and philosophy. IT AIN'T HAPPENING. It's not even worth discussing. It's on par with topics like, What if it started raining dollar bills one day? And, Are there dinosaurs still living in New Mexico? It's PURE FANTASY, so can we please, please move on.

I'll get off of my soapbox now.

You might be content with losing and rebuilding every year but some of us are not. :wacko:

This thread shouldn't even have started. :wallbash:

It does always seem that the Head Coach gets more criticism than is deserved when things go south, but I think there's more to it than that.

The fact that the Bills haven't offered the public one guy as the "face" of the current administration is unique. When things go wrong, fans need someone to blame...its easy when its clear that Tom Donahoe or Marv Levy is running the show, but when you have Brandon/Guy/Ralph/Jauron/Modrak/whoever in the front office, people don't know who to complain about.

So the natural response is to cry for the head of the guy who has 3 new interviews a week posted on buffalobills.com...because thats the only voice they hear emanating from One Bills Drive.

Oh

my

God.

The apologists are getting desperate to excuse away Jauron's poor performance.

So how do you account for the complaints against Jauron during the 2007 season when the Bills still had a SINGLE "face" in the FO known as Levy?

Enough with the "fire Jauron" threads. There is ZERO CHANCE in HELL that he'll be fired anytime soon. ZERO. Get it through your thickened, cynical skulls. He just signed an extension. He's stabilized the organization. Ralph loves him. His players love him. He's well-respected around the league. This team just completed two coaching changes in a row prior to Jauron, and as Ralph well knows every time you usher in a new coaching staff you have to start all of the way from scratch, because that coach has his own schemes which will require its own new set of players and philosophy. IT AIN'T HAPPENING. It's not even worth discussing. It's on par with topics like, What if it started raining dollar bills one day? And, Are there dinosaurs still living in New Mexico? It's PURE FANTASY, so can we please, please move on.

If Ralph Wilson sees his Buffalo Bills team go from a 5-1 record to hell in a handbasket the skids WILL be greased. All he'll need to push him over the edge is the prospect of a fan season ticket revolt. Pure fantasy? Wade Phillips was dumped for far less reasons Dick Jauron would have for termination. I think there's a real possibility that this team ends up with a 6-10 record. Pure fantasy? I wouldn't bet on that.

You are a MORON!!! Jauron is an awful coach. We have not beaten a good team since he took over as head coach. I don't care if the players like him. They certainly don't play very hard for him. I want a coach who the players respect and fear. I very much doubt that the Giant players love Tom Coughlin, but they sure play hard for him. The same goes for Belichek. The head coach is our leader. Do you think Jauron acts like a leader? The guy can't even throw a challenge flag for god's sake. His schemes don't work, and his motivational skills are worse than his schemes. We lost handily to our three division rivals. That is unacceptable. Jauron does not hold the players accountable for poor play. Mediocrity has been accepted in the Bills organization for too long. It all starts with the head coach.

I agree that he isn't going anywhere.

If by "stabilized" you mean consistent failure then I agree.

Oh

my

God.

The apologists are getting desperate to excuse away Jauron's poor performance.

So how do you account for the complaints against Jauron during the 2007 season when the Bills still had a SINGLE "face" in the FO known as Levy?

There isn't a player or coach on this team who doesn't take their share of complaints on TSW. Its been inordinate for Jauron this season in particular, and I think that has something to do with it.

You are a MORON!!! Jauron is an awful coach. We have not beaten a good team since he took over as head coach. I don't care if the players like him. They certainly don't play very hard for him. I want a coach who the players respect and fear. I very much doubt that the Giant players love Tom Coughlin, but they sure play hard for him. The same goes for Belichek. The head coach is our leader. Do you think Jauron acts like a leader? The guy can't even throw a challenge flag for god's sake. His schemes don't work, and his motivational skills are worse than his schemes. We lost handily to our three division rivals. That is unacceptable. Jauron does not hold the players accountable for poor play. Mediocrity has been accepted in the Bills organization for too long. It all starts with the head coach.

Wow you've convinced me that we should start 20 more threads about whether or not Jauron will/should be fired. Your reading comprehension is really something to behold.

I agree that he isn't going anywhere.

If by "stabilized" you mean consistent failure then I agree.

Russ Brandon coming out in public giving a vote of confidence to Dick will be the first step in Jauron being replaced. I suspect Russ will be asked that question in the near future if the Bills don't turn it around.

I agree with the general opinion that we don't need 28 threads about firing Jauron. But I definitely believe he SHOULD be fired. I agree with you that he absolutely WON'T be fired. The extension in mid season was an absolutely HUGE mistake. The team should have waited until the offseason, to see how things went.

My brother and I are in complete agreement that Jauron is losing/ has lost this team. The one moment that sticks out in my mind about Jauron losing this team was in the Dolphin game. EVERY time the fish needed a play they attacked Mcgee. Was that Mcgee's fault? No. He was injured and shouldn't have been out there. The team hung their head after like the 3rd or 4th time Mcgee got torched. It wasn't because he was beaten like a red-headed step child, it was because Dickie Douche refused to change his style to adapt to things like Injuries, trends, and so on. He left mcgee out there when he should been on the bench. IMO- the players knew that no matter what happened, Ginn would be open, and we couldn't stop it. Once a team hangs its head, they are done. Period. Now look at the Patriots game and tell me the team didn't show up with a lapdog, we are gonna get beat attitude? I shudder to think what will happen the rest of the year. You guys predict we win the next three? At this point I would be Happy with 1 win. I am not sure this team will win more than 2 or 3 more times this year. I am very interested to see how this team looks in the first Qtr next Monday. Will we see a team that is fired up and ready to show the league that we are still in the hunt? or will we show up like a Lap dog ready to get kicked?

This is the biggest difference between this year and last year. Last year he was able to motivate and get the most out of an injured team. this year, with less injuries, the team has underperformed. Yeah, yeah, we are 5-4. So what? We had an easy schedule and picked up some iffy wins against inferior opponents. C'mon, we had to come back against the Raiders at home, and against a woeful Rams team. We SHOULD be 6-3 at least, and after we beat Jax and SD i thought we should be 7-2 at this point. NO way should we have lost to the Fish and the Jets at home. but we did. There is lots of blame to go around, but Dickie Douche gets the lions' share because of his complete unwillingness to be flexible. He will be forever mediocre. With a talented team he can win 10 games with his style. With inferior talent he will win 5 or 6. He will never be "the Answer" and lead us to the SuperBowl. And THAT is why people are calling for his head.

This team thought they were going to the playoffs this year. If they start to think that won't happen, does anybody think they will take the blame on themselves? No they will Turn on the coach and blame him. In this case I think they will be correct.

I am 42 years old and I dont want to spend the next 3 years watching the same conservative Douche style. I will, because I wont quit cheering the Bills unless they move, but I damn sure have the right to criticize the Douche for putting a boring, lets play not to lose style on the field. I want a coach who challenges and demands performance from whomever takes the field. Be aggressive. Attack. Blitz. If the LB's aren't getting it done, bring a safety or a DB. Do SOMETHING for Christsakes. Play to WIN! To me, conservative coaches are losing ones.

Sorry for the ramble, I just wanted to get my points in one thread.... :wallbash:

I thought I was listening to myself for a minute there..Couldnt agree more...