Does 10-6

BeastMode54

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if that record would be enough to do it?

I think 10-6 would get us in the playoffs, provided 3 of the remaining victories came against the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots. I think we pretty much have to win the last three divisional matchups, or we are dead meat...our only other hope is that the Jets, Pats, and/or Dolphins fall apart. Problem with that is that those 3 teams all seem to be getting better, while the Bills are regressing. Also, beware the Colts. They look to be getting a little better every week. But, I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed...

I think 10-6 would get us in the playoffs, provided 3 of the remaining victories came against the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots. I think we pretty much have to win the last three divisional matchups, or we are dead meat...our only other hope is that the Jets, Pats, and/or Dolphins fall apart. Problem with that is that those 3 teams all seem to be getting better, while the Bills are regressing. Also, beware the Colts. They look to be getting a little better every week. But, I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed...

SO even if we go 10-6 but lose one more divisional game, we won't make it?

SO even if we go 10-6 but lose one more divisional game, we won't make it?

Yeah, I kind of think that. Unless two of our three divisional foes just crap the bed down the stretch, we would have a pretty hard time winning tie-breakers with a sub .500 division record. Right now, all of our divisional foes are at 2-1. If any of them beats us down the stretch, that team is a minimum of .500 in the division, and we are guranteed to lose a tiebreaker to that team.

I know it is still early, but, if, like me, you assume New England is going to bore their way to another divisional title, I think we have to root for them to knock off the Jets on Thursday...as !@#$ed up as that may sound...the Bills are not out of this yet, but they have to get their crap together...

Yeah, I kind of think that. Unless two of our three divisional foes just crap the bed down the stretch, we would have a pretty hard time winning tie-breakers with a sub .500 division record. Right now, all of our divisional foes are at 2-1. If any of them beats us down the stretch, that team is a minimum of .500 in the division, and we are guranteed to lose a tiebreaker to that team.

I know it is still early, but, if, like me, you assume New England is going to bore their way to another divisional title, I think we have to root for them to knock off the Jets on Thursday...as !@#$ed up as that may sound...the Bills are not out of this yet, but they have to get their crap together...

Remember also that once we get to the wild card argument there is a different set of tiebreakers. Say, for the sake of argument we lose to the Jets but win against the Pats and Dolphins and pick up a win against, say, the Broncos, that would give us an advantage as far as the AFC records go. Who knows at this point though.

If we make the playoffs, do you think there is any possibility at all of winning more than a wild card game against a weak sister that sneaks into the playoffs? I don't.

If the Bills finish 10-6 and make the playoffs, that means they were 5-2 for the home stretch. That would indicate that they figured something out and improved as a team. So, yes, there would be a chance of beating a good team in the playoffs. There's always a chance. What do you suggest? Giving up now because you anticipate the inevitability of losing a second round playoff game?

So you are saying that if we had better losses, like our loss to the Cardinals, we would be better in tie-breakers?

Let's look at the schedule:

Cleveland - W

Chiefs - W

49's - W

Miami - L

Jets - W

Bronco - W

Pats* - L

If our wins and losses are like above we would not make the playoffs due to division losses. I think the Pats* will win the division the Jets would have a better division record then ours and some of the teams in weaker divisions will probably have a better record than the Bills.

P.S. I don't even believe the win vs loss record I posted above, I think we lose to the Bronco's at Mile High.

So you are saying that if we had better losses, like our loss to the Cardinals, we would be better in tie-breakers?

Not sure if I am falling into one of your nonsensical traps, but, the way it looks right now, yes. We would be in much better shape with a 5-4 record, right now, if we could swap out our victories over Seattle and St Louis, for, say, victories over the Jets and Dolphins. A win is always good, no matter who you beat, but a divisional win is even better, and more significant, because you not only enhance your own divisional standing, but you also damage your oppenents chances. A win, or a loss, to those NFC West teams we play, is not as valuable, for playoff purposes, as beating division games. But, I get the feeling you already know that.... :lol:

Cleveland - W

Chiefs - W

49's - W

Miami - L

Jets - W

Bronco - W

Pats* - L

P.S. I don't even believe the win vs loss record I posted above, I think we lose to the Bronco's at Mile High.

I don't think Buffalo wins any of those games.