JP 2006 age 25 vs. TE 2008 age 25

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess its ok...if its the last time :wub:

As I said before, I will take an athletic trainer's word over yours or Trent's

I'm done arguing this point to you because your thoughts parallel a conspiracy theory, voiding reality:

Trent won his first game back. Trent sat through a bye week. Team doctors said he was ok to play like 5 or 6 before that game. That game was over a month ago. Trent himself said he's seen no connection between his play and his concussion.

Against that, you stand on your hunch, finding some way to dismiss reality, and let Trent off the hook for playing poorly.

My problem with both JP and Trent are the same. Neither has been able to show any consistency. Both have looked great at times and horrible at times.

As far as Trent goes the thing I've seen from him I don't like is his coming out of the tunnel on fire and getting a quick TD followed by little to nothing the rest of the way. He did that against the Pats and Giants last year and the Fish this year. He also has games wh4th quarter. Like against the Jets this year where he was able to control the ball for 22 straight plays and get zero out of it and give up 7 in the process. Or like Sunday's game against the Patsies. After the first 6 games I thought he had cured this but I guess not.

Then there's the whole cold weather thing which we are about to find out about maybe as soon as Monday night. A QB that can't play in cold weather in Buffalo is like a having a car in Alaska that won't start if the temperature is below 0.

Sure, I'd like to have 80 degrees and sunny, but that's not football.

Of course he's still young (NOT a rookie anymore) and will get better (I hope). We'll see. Time will tell.

Go BILLS !!

I'm done arguing this point to you because your thoughts parallel a conspiracy theory, voiding reality:

Trent won his first game back. Trent sat through a bye week. Team doctors said he was ok to play like 5 or 6 before that game. That game was over a month ago. Trent himself said he's seen no connection between his play and his concussion.

Against that, you stand on your hunch, finding some way to dismiss reality, and let Trent off the hook for playing poorly.

Not really just a hunch- but you disagree with me, which is fine.

actually, losman & the bills had a good game against the flaming thumbtacks. that's when robert royal decided to test out his long-striding and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in a game that we should have won.

Speaking of that, are we sure that Robert Royal actually understands that the team with the most points at the end of the game is declared the winner? Someone should check that out, that might answer a lot of questions.

Speaking of that, are we sure that Robert Royal actually understands that the team with the most points at the end of the game is declared the winner? Someone should check that out, that might answer a lot of questions.

Don't you know? Points don't matter, Trent throws for a lot of yardage.

jeezus man, the guy just has a penchant for turning it over/dropping a pass at the most inopportune times... i just don't know.

I have to say this: Why do we need statistics on this JP vs. TE issue? Can't we just use our football sense? Since Edwards's first full start (at home, against the Jets), I saw a QB who had his head on a swivel, making his reads. I never saw JP doing that.

I'm like most of us: a die-hard Bills fan. So, I want any QB to win, and I am rooting hard for any QB who is under center for us.

However, JP just never panned out. So far, I like Edwards much more. However, I agree with the fact that Edwards has been suspect lately. His ball security has not been good. It definitely scares me.

However, the answer is clearly not JP at this point. TE has great potential that has materialized on several occasions (to his credit, JP's potential materialized at times, too). Edwards does help us sustain drives - Losman definitely had a tough time doing that. Our biggest problem now is finishing drives. I think once Edwards gets his "sea legs" in the red zone, he'll be fine.

Just my two cents ...

Don't you know? Points don't matter, Trent throws for a lot of yardage.

The Bills average 21.3 points a game this year http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-p=1

In Losman's "breakout year" as his cult like following like to claim, the Bills averaged 18.8 points. http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-p=1

Again, this is a forum for the Buffalo Bills. Feel free to create your own Losman fan site if you like. He's not playing this year unless TE gets hurt (which I know you cheer for). Please go root for Losman on whatever team signs him to compete for a backup job.

I feel franchise QB's lead the huddle. That is the common thread that strings, Montana, Young, Elway, Marino, Kelly, Manning, Brady, Favre, etc together....

JP is physically talented. One of the strongest arms in the NFL, athletic and tough. But he seems to have little leadership potential. He reminds me of Jake Plummer at best, perhaps a more pleasant Jeff George. He does not seem to be able to read a defense and as many pointed out he has reached a plateau. JP may be good but I can’t see him becoming great.

Trent is smart and has shown the ability to make quick decisions. In front of the media he is taking the heat and passes around the credit. He vows to improve. He has reasonable arm strength, and a quick release. He has character and shows he can lead. He was slow to win over Lee Evans last year so he visited him and worked out in the off season. By the end of this season we will know if progress was made or if it is on to the next but at least there is a chance he can become the guy the Bills are looking for. I think the jury is still out on him and even though pooh-pooh’ed above, the Bill Walsh assertion that TE is a solid QB is nothing to scoff at.

This quarterback controversy for me is like saying McGahee should have not been traded b/c Marshawn is not cutting it. For me the upgrade is remarkably apparent irrespective of the record.

Someday an O-line of mid 90’s caliber will arrive… I hope….

I feel franchise QB's lead the huddle. That is the common thread that strings, Montana, Young, Elway, Marino, Kelly, Manning, Brady, Favre, etc together....

JP is physically talented. One of the strongest arms in the NFL, athletic and tough. But he seems to have little leadership potential. He reminds me of Jake Plummer at best, perhaps a more pleasant Jeff George. He does not seem to be able to read a defense and as many pointed out he has reached a plateau. JP may be good but I can’t see him becoming great.

Trent is smart and has shown the ability to make quick decisions. In front of the media he is taking the heat and passes around the credit. He vows to improve. He has reasonable arm strength, and a quick release. He has character and shows he can lead. He was slow to win over Lee Evans last year so he visited him and worked out in the off season. By the end of this season we will know if progress was made or if it is on to the next but at least there is a chance he can become the guy the Bills are looking for. I think the jury is still out on him and even though pooh-pooh’ed above, the Bill Walsh assertion that TE is a solid QB is nothing to scoff at.

This quarterback controversy for me is like saying McGahee should have not been traded b/c Marshawn is not cutting it. For me the upgrade is remarkably apparent irrespective of the record.

Someday an O-line of mid 90’s caliber will arrive… I hope….

Excellent 1st post. Welcome to the board. :blink:

My memory may be fuzzy, but I think the record is held by Joe Ferguson. Fergy to Frank Lewis at Miami in 1978 for 92 yards. Lori?

GO BILLS!!!

I actually looked this up, and the record is held by Clod Tollins (Todd Collins)

I actually looked this up, and the record is held by Clod Tollins (Todd Collins)

If I recall (not looking it up here)....95 yarder to Quinn Early? Maybe a different WR...I just remember Todd heaving it from his endzone, the WR catching it near midfield and the defender(s) falling down. The absolute peak of the Clod Era.

If I recall (not looking it up here)....95 yarder to Quinn Early? Maybe a different WR...I just remember Todd heaving it from his endzone, the WR catching it near midfield and the defender(s) falling down. The absolute peak of the Clod Era.

correct!