JP 2006 age 25 vs. TE 2008 age 25

I played football, basketball, and baseball. I bet Trent would kick my :wallbash: in all three. He is mechanically as sound as any QB in the NFL. He just hasn't been the same player since the hit against Arizona. I think he's scared to take a hit like that again and our OL isn't really showing him that they'll protect him. That's why you're seeing all of the INT's and poor throws. He's not setting up like he was the first 4 games.

I saw in the paper yesterday, Herb Score died at age 75. He was a great pitcher for the Cleveland Indians in the late 50's, until he was hit by a line drive in the face. He was AFRAID to get hit like that again & changed his throwing motion. He was never any good after taking that shot to the face & was out of the game soon after.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills average 21.3 points a game this year http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-p=1

In Losman's "breakout year" as his cult like following like to claim, the Bills averaged 18.8 points. http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-p=1

Again, this is a forum for the Buffalo Bills. Feel free to create your own Losman fan site if you like. He's not playing this year unless TE gets hurt (which I know you cheer for). Please go root for Losman on whatever team signs him to compete for a backup job.

I am not calling for JP to start. I am just saying all you people that think Trent's yardage matters are WRONG. The only thing that matters are points on the board. Trent this year has ONLY thrown for 7 TD's (along with 7 INT's) less than 1 TD per game is just PATHETIC.

at age 25 trent edwards has a over .500 winning pct. At age 27 JP Losman does not. What is wrong here? :wallbash:

Wrongosaurus. Winning is not a QB stat. It's a team stat. If you want to argue otherwise, you have to be willing to agree that Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Archie Manning. And only a true bonehead would say that.

A better way to compare the two QBs is simply to look at how well the Bills have done against quality teams in the Losman era and the Edwards era. The facts show that the Bills have not been able to beat a single good team under either guy, and have beaten most of the wretched teams under both guys. They have had a roughly equal impact on the Bills.

It looked for a while like Seattle, Jacksonville and San Diego this year were a breakthrough. Now we know that these were just cases of the Bills once again beating bad teams. At 4 - 0 and at 5 - 1, I had the Kool-Aid raised to my lips. I was ready to drink, but needed just another win or two ... And now we can see that Trent's better winning percentage is largely due to playing an easier schedule.

Trent has lots of room to improve, and there's a pretty good chance that he can do it. But the Buffalo Bills over the past few years have played mediocre regardless of the QB at the helm.

The Bills average 21.3 points a game this year http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-p=1

In Losman's "breakout year" as his cult like following like to claim, the Bills averaged 18.8 points. http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-p=1

Again, this is a forum for the Buffalo Bills. Feel free to create your own Losman fan site if you like. He's not playing this year unless TE gets hurt (which I know you cheer for). Please go root for Losman on whatever team signs him to compete for a backup job.

How many points has the OFFENSE averaged? Just about the same as with JP? Ohhhhhhhhh ...........

I saw in the paper yesterday, Herb Score died at age 75. He was a great pitcher for the Cleveland Indians in the late 50's, until he was hit by a line drive in the face. He was AFRAID to get hit like that again & changed his throwing motion. He was never any good after taking that shot to the face & was out of the game soon after.

Wow. That's encouraging :wallbash:

Wrongosaurus. Winning is not a QB stat. It's a team stat. If you want to argue otherwise, you have to be willing to agree that Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Archie Manning. And only a true bonehead would say that.

A better way to compare the two QBs is simply to look at how well the Bills have done against quality teams in the Losman era and the Edwards era. The facts show that the Bills have not been able to beat a single good team under either guy, and have beaten most of the wretched teams under both guys. They have had a roughly equal impact on the Bills.

It looked for a while like Seattle, Jacksonville and San Diego this year were a breakthrough. Now we know that these were just cases of the Bills once again beating bad teams. At 4 - 0 and at 5 - 1, I had the Kool-Aid raised to my lips. I was ready to drink, but needed just another win or two ... And now we can see that Trent's better winning percentage is largely due to playing an easier schedule.

Trent has lots of room to improve, and there's a pretty good chance that he can do it. But the Buffalo Bills over the past few years have played mediocre regardless of the QB at the helm.

Almost everything you said it dead on- but wrongosaurus? :wallbash: