JP 2006 age 25 vs. TE 2008 age 25

I actually looked this up, and the record is held by Clod Tollins (Todd Collins)

If I recall (not looking it up here)....95 yarder to Quinn Early? Maybe a different WR...I just remember Todd heaving it from his endzone, the WR catching it near midfield and the defender(s) falling down. The absolute peak of the Clod Era.

Cigars to both of you! Well done. Easy to forget Clod Tollins.

On the bright side, I'm just happy I can even remember Frank Lewis.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall (not looking it up here)....95 yarder to Quinn Early? Maybe a different WR...I just remember Todd heaving it from his endzone, the WR catching it near midfield and the defender(s) falling down. The absolute peak of the Clod Era.

You mean it wasn't JP throwing from his end zone (on his knees and left handed) into 100mph winds into the other end zone?

You mean it wasn't JP throwing from his end zone (on his knees and left handed) into 100mph winds into the other end zone?

shouldn't you be writing love letters to trent edwards, or maybe drawing hearts on his posters hanging in your bedroom?

Talk about his accuracy, especially on third down. JP short hopped passes to open receivers more times than Edwards has missed. Trent has also been asked to carry the team this season, something Jp never did. I cant wait till JP is gone this off season and I never have to listen to this garbage anymore.

shouldn't you be writing love letters to trent edwards, or maybe drawing hearts on his posters hanging in your bedroom?

Oh did I hurt your feelings? You really shouldn't take it personally when someone takes a shot at JP. Oh and I have no love for Trent Edwards, if he sucks as much as JP did after 4 seasons, he can !@#$-off to.

GO BILLS!

Oh did I hurt your feelings? You really shouldn't take it personally when someone takes a shot at JP. Oh and I have no love for Trent Edwards, if he sucks as much as JP did after 4 seasons, he can !@#$-off to.

GO BILLS!

He will. His throwing mechanics are not long for this league. The defensive coordinators are starting to figure him out and what we are seeing isn't pretty. I predict it will get worse.

And how do you know his throwing mechanics are off?? So it appears you know more than the Bills front office as obviously they never would have taken a QB with bad mechanics. Believe me, if you knew half as much as you think you know about football, you wouldn't be in this chat room, you'd be working for some team as a coach.

It amazes me how many people here think they really know anything. All we are are a bunch of people with limited knowledge of the game but unfortunately chat rooms make everyone think they are much smarter than they really are. If I had a nickel for everyone who thinks they are smart, but really no little of anything, I'd be able to retire tomorrow.

Coordinators figuring him out, yes certainly true. So TE has to step up to next level. Will it happen overnight, not likely, may take a season or more. Will it happen? Again no one know the answer for certain. He certainly advanced quickly to the point he's at, will he get to the next level, hopefully, but you never know. As I've said many times, calling him or any QB in the league a failure makes you look smart as there are many more failures than sucesses. Until they fix the line and re-establish a run game, he will get worse. There's no way you can expect a second year player to carry the entire offense on his shoulders, partically a limited offense.

He will. His throwing mechanics are not long for this league. The defensive coordinators are starting to figure him out and what we are seeing isn't pretty. I predict it will get worse.

The Bills are a very boring team and Edwards adds to the boredom. I'm nearly falling asleep during these games (as are the Bills players on the field). Give me JP. At least then I can expect a little excitement. Some good and some not so good.

The Bills are a very boring team and Edwards adds to the boredom. I'm nearly falling asleep during these games (as are the Bills players on the field). Give me JP. At least then I can expect a little excitement. Some good and some not so good.

Yah 3 and out keeps me on the edge of my seat as well. I am amazed at the love for a backup.

And how do you know his throwing mechanics are off??

He has poor throwing mechanics and anyone with half a brain can see that, sorry that you can't. I played baseball into college, so I know a little about throwing mechanics, Trents are not very good!

He has poor throwing mechanics and anyone with half a brain can see that, sorry that you can't. I played baseball into college, so I know a little about throwing mechanics, Trents are not very good!

Really, his mechanics are bad now? I get it, I guess that's why all the experts love his delivery and his quick release and have never mentioned anything about bad mechanics, but hey you played baseball, you would know :wallbash:

Really, his mechanics are bad now? I get it, I guess that's why all the experts love his delivery and his quick release and have never mentioned anything about bad mechanics, but hey you played baseball, you would know :wallbash:

Experts are never wrong are they? They always hit on every first round pick don't they? But hey you know everything don't you because you have never played anything in your pathetic life! See bug squish bug! :wacko:

Experts are never wrong are they? They always hit on every first round pick don't they? But hey you know everything don't you because you have never played anything in your pathetic life! See bug squish bug! :wallbash:

Yah experts talking about a guys mechanics or quick delivery is the same as drafting players. :wacko: So, I disagree with you and therefore my life is pathetic? Dude you wish you had my life.

I played football, basketball, and baseball. I bet Trent would kick my :wallbash: in all three. He is mechanically as sound as any QB in the NFL. He just hasn't been the same player since the hit against Arizona. I think he's scared to take a hit like that again and our OL isn't really showing him that they'll protect him. That's why you're seeing all of the INT's and poor throws. He's not setting up like he was the first 4 games.

I played football, basketball, and baseball. I bet Trent would kick my :wallbash: in all three. He is mechanically as sound as any QB in the NFL. He just hasn't been the same player since the hit against Arizona. I think he's scared to take a hit like that again and our OL isn't really showing him that they'll protect him. That's why you're seeing all of the INT's and poor throws. He's not setting up like he was the first 4 games.

I'm guessing not all the scouts like his mechanics.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Featu...8/eye102008.htm

Playing in fear is a bad trait for a QB. As long as we're speaking about fear, it's a bad trait for a coach too.

Playing in fear is a bad trait for a QB. As long as we're speaking about fear, it's a bad trait for a coach too.

Fix the OL and you will take away the fear. It's that simple really, but not that simple for us.

Yah experts talking about a guys mechanics or quick delivery is the same as drafting players. :wacko: So, I disagree with you and therefore my life is pathetic? Dude you wish you had my life.

No not really. I don't aspire to be like anyone who still lives in their mothers basement at 38 yrs old. :wallbash: