JP 2006 age 25 vs. TE 2008 age 25

What's your point? If it wasn't for Drew Bledsoe getting knocked hard out of bounds in 2001 we never would've heard about Brady.

Hahahaha. BS and you know it. Guys the bottom line is in a few years the Bills are gone. Repeat GONE. The time to win is now! Hindsight is 20/20 I know, however I'm talking about the future. You don't think JP Losman could beat the shite out of the next 3 teams?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahaha. BS and you know it. Guys the bottom line is in a few years the Bills are gone. Repeat GONE. The time to win is now! Hindsight is 20/20 I know, however I'm talking about the future. You don't think JP Losman could beat the shite out of the next 3 teams?

dude, i'm as big a jp losman fan as the next guy, but from what he's done so far in his career, i'd have to say i don't have confidence in him having 3 good games in a row.

I don't know pal. JP went one game under .500 with a considerably worse team and O.C in his only full season. Trent looks like he'll finish one or two games over, mostly due to our incredibly easy schedule. I'm still in favor of Trent playing because you should never bench your young-gun midway through the season *cough* mularky *cough*.

Seriously though, examine your statement. It's not like Losman was a loser. Just look at his only season where he was able to start uninterrupted. He looked fine. A definite plus. It wasn't until he got bombarded by the Steelers last year that people were calling for his head, and fortunately for them, he got hurt, unfortunately ruining his career.

Really, JP was not half as bad as you people think, he was developing as fine as Edwards, and certainly, after TE's recent mistakes, his intelligence should no longer be that big of a concern.

I think many of us realize that both these guys are good QBs and that the QB is not the problem with this team. Might be that not a single player is the problem with this team.

yes, i agree, stats aren't always indicative of good overall team play. however, that still doesn't change my opinion of your "trent edwards has a winning record and jp doesn't" statement not adding anything to this discussion.

Fair enough. All I was trying to get across, was the stat's issue. I'm not gonna be one to excuse Edward's poor play as of late. Especially in divisional games. The turnovers are bad. He's jittery, and looks shell shocked. It's not post concussion syndrome/insert excuse here. The guy is rattled, and gets hit a lot. Right now it's far more then just the quarterback. Until they get this pathetic run game fixed. or at least try to make a commitment to it, it won't matter who's back there. You don't win november/dec football and especially january football without an ability to run the ball.

Fair enough. All I was trying to get across, was the stat's issue. I'm not gonna be one to excuse Edward's poor play as of late. Especially in divisional games. The turnovers are bad. He's jittery, and looks shell shocked. It's not post concussion syndrome/insert excuse here. The guy is rattled, and gets hit a lot. Right now it's far more then just the quarterback. Until they get this pathetic run game fixed. or at least try to make a commitment to it, it won't matter who's back there. You don't win november/dec football and especially january football without an ability to run the ball.

doh, i totally missed your point on your OP then.

:lol: i agree w/ the rest.

Why did everyone ignore using the stats I brought up to engage in an actual comparison and just revert back to bickering and making false statements like "JP doesn't have the head to play in the league".

I'm sick of this board. You guys just don't know how to correctly converse. It's pathetic. I thought you guys would be able to talk logically about this, but you have little things in the back of your head like, "eww JP is horrible" and blah blah blah, or "eww Trent is boring". Do you know how pathetic 98% of these arguments are? If you want to have fair debate between the two open your minds just a little. Please. It's getting damn annoying.

How many passes has he ever hit on the full run on a slant or on a crossing pattern? It was almost impossible for him. JP was great when receivers ran a pattern and stopped or it was a deep out. That's how he played and passed. JP doesn't have the mental skills to play in this league. No stat can tell me what I've seen was a random anomaly. There is a reason no team was interested in JP at the trade deadline, and it's not because of his physical abilities.

The guy just takes dumb sacks and doesn't get rid of the ball. He has one of the best deep balls I've seen, but the guy can't throw a crossing pattern and hit the guy in stride to save his life. That's not a pathetic argument, it's reality. There is a reason why he had so many games under 200 yards passing, and he's easy to game plan for.

If you are sick of conversing show me where I'm wrong. Instead you want to play the "you're too moronic to understand" card, which shows in your deep analysis of where others are missing the point.

How many passes has he ever hit on the full run on a slant or on a crossing pattern? It was almost impossible for him. JP was great when receivers ran a pattern and stopped or it was a deep out. That's how he played and passed. JP doesn't have the mental skills to play in this league. No stat can tell me what I've seen was a random anomaly. There is a reason no team was interested in JP at the trade deadline, and it's not because of his physical abilities.

The guy just takes dumb sacks and doesn't get rid of the ball. He has one of the best deep balls I've seen, but the guy can't throw a crossing pattern and hit the guy in stride to save his life. That's not a pathetic argument, it's reality. There is a reason why he had so many games under 200 yards passing, and he's easy to game plan for.

If you are sick of conversing show me where I'm wrong. Instead you want to play the "you're too moronic to understand" card, which shows in your deep analysis of where others are missing the point.

Well this is just great you claim he couldn't hit slants or crosses. I'll give you that however the Bills chose to draft James Hardy a guy who couldn't run one of those patterns to save his life. Evans and Hardy possess the ability to stretch the field which favors JP's talents over TE's. We should have drafted DeShean Jackson, Eddie Royal or another "Roscoe" type if we wanted to look good on the underneath stuff. Wes Welker is great, but he doesn't win games my friends. You need a guy who can pluck jump balls out of the air and create space.

Wins are blank statements when discussing football? :lol:

Using stats in a sport that revolves around team concept. Little minute aspects is as blank as it gets. You know who never threw for a lot of tds? Steve McNair he was a pretty damn good quarterback. Kerry Collins hasn't thrown for many tds. The titans are 9-0. Matt Cassel not many td's. Patriots are 6-3. Football is not baseball. You can't judge a position strictly on fancy fanboy numbers. You have to take the whole game into account. Mark Brunell would you say once upon a time he was a good qb? Guy never threw for more then 20 tds in a season. I can play the stat game as well as anyone. It would be a waste of time to go thru the 06 season game by game, and point out Losman did not play as well as JP fans thought he did. I dont know if Edwards is the answer. I'm waiting until the end of next season before debating that. I'm pretty confident in saying JP Losman is not, never has been. Never will be.

I'll take more total points any day over any other attribute.

I'll take more total points any day over any other attribute.

Except we weren't exactly scoring points during Losman's tenure either. We're currently 19th in the league in pts. Which is higher then we've been since 2004 when we were 7th. Our 24th in total yards is also higher then we've been since 2002 when we were 11th. We've been futile on offense for a very long time. Let's not act like Losman was lighting up scoreboards, or stat sheets though. When reality kicks that notion in the ass.

What is wrong here is the volume of otherwise intelligent people writing stupid things on a message board.

At the age of 25 in 2006 JP Losman had 19 tds to 14 ints and started all 16 games.

At the age of 25 in 2008 Trent "Loser" Edwards has 7tds to 7ints and has started 9 games so far.

What's wrong here guys?

Right now it's far more then just the quarterback.

It has been more than the QB for quitesome time

Until they get this pathetic run game fixed. or at least try to make a commitment to it, it won't matter who's back there. You don't win november/dec football and especially january football without an ability to run the ball.

I don't think we can think about January football.

Unless you are a Titan fan

Except we weren't exactly scoring points during Losman's tenure either. We're currently 19th in the league in pts. Which is higher then we've been since 2004 when we were 7th. Our 24th in total yards is also higher then we've been since 2002 when we were 11th. We've been futile on offense for a very long time. Let's not act like Losman was lighting up scoreboards, or stat sheets though. When reality kicks that notion in the ass.

You're wrong. As I said, JP scored 19 TDs, and Trent is not on pace to do that at all. He'll probably finish with 13. That's an issue.

at age 25 trent edwards has a over .500 winning pct. At age 27 JP Losman does not. What is wrong here? :rolleyes:
Look who Losman started againts last year and look who Edwards started againts .Since Edwards been here Teams record that he started agaits 90 wins 120 looses ,Losman teams he started againts73 wins 47 looses.Maybe Edwards record misleading.

9-16 from 05-06.

It's so misleading to look at it this way. Look at Losman's first season as a starter, excusing his year juggling with Holcomb, and look at Trent this year, excusing last year juggling with Losman.

When you do that, Losman dominates. I still think Trent has more upside, but really, JP was not as bad as you've labeled him.

You're wrong. As I said, JP scored 19 TDs, and Trent is not on pace to do that at all. He'll probably finish with 13. That's an issue.

Unless you're jsut a fantasy nerd, who cares if Edwards passes for a touchdown or Lynch runs it in??? Either way, we are scoring more points with TE under center.