Tuck Appeals his fine

bartshan-83

Justin's my boy, so this pisses me off even more, but I'm really glad he is appealing this fine...and it better get overturned. If this is the direction the league is going, I weep for future generations watching football who will never understand what the NFL was like before the "Two-Hand touch on the QB rule" or the "7-Mississippi before you rush rule" that we are inevitably headed towards.

Wilfork gets $12,500 for what he ADMITTED was a cheap shot to JP's knee, and this bullsht is worth $7,500???

For those who didn't see it

Justin's my boy, so this pisses me off even more, but I'm really glad he is appealing this fine...and it better get overturned. Is this is the direction the league is going, I weep for future generations watching football who will never understand what the NFL was like before the "Two-Hand touch on the QB rule" of the "7-Mississippi before you rush rule" that we are inevitably headed towards.

Wilfork gets $12,500 for what he ADMITTED was a cheap shot to JP's knee, and this bullsht is worth $7,500???

Surprised he got flagged, a fine is total crap.

I have no doubt that the flag was a direct result of the hit on Edwards. I'm sure the league sent a memo to officials warning them that QBs being driven into the ground was a no no. Tucks hit to me wasn't even close to a foul nor did he drive the QB into the turf.

Anyone have info on the ref in both games (ours and the gints last week?)

Surprised he got flagged, a fine is total crap.

I have no doubt that the flag was a direct result of the hit on Edwards. I'm sure the league sent a memo to officials warning them that QBs being driven into the ground was a no no. Tucks hit to me wasn't even close to a foul nor did he drive the QB into the turf.

Anyone have info on the ref in both games (ours and the gints last week?)

Its stuff like this that makes me mad about the Trent Edwards hit.......

No flag on the hit....got driven into the ground.....and they tried to make up for it with a fine....

Then Tuck basically does nothing.....gets flagged and fined.

How about a little consistancy?

That was absolutely ridiculous. It was physically impossible for Tuck to stop himself from hitting Bollinger, and he gets fined for that? That was a tackle, pure and simple. There was no "driving into the turf." Note to goodell: when one player tackles another, they both fall to the ground. Thats the point of tackling and gravity.

That was absolutely ridiculous. It was physically impossible for Tuck to stop himself from hitting Bollinger, and he gets fined for that? That was a tackle, pure and simple. There was no "driving into the turf." Note to goodell: when one player tackles another, they both fall to the ground. Thats the point of tackling and gravity.

To me, it looked like he put his arms out to stop his fall as well -- isntead of crushing the QB.

Crazy...

Well one way to solve this will be, just like Pop Warner, have a weight limit so larger players can't hurt the smaller ones.

In all seriousness it is becoming a problem. Players keep getting bigger and faster. QB is one positiuon though that bigger and faster doesn't help much. Couple that with the game being so much faster, QB's need to process everything quicker to the point of it can't be done. That is why there are so few teams with good QB's as no one can mentally keep up with the game. Not rrying to knock JP here, but 20 years ago , he may have been an all pro with his arm and the decision making wasn't as big of an issue as he would have had more time to think.

The rule is trying to protect quarterbacks who are basically helpless in the pocket. You're not allowed to lift him in the air and then drive him into the ground which can cause a serious injury. That tackle on anybody but the QB would be textbook. On a defenless QB the intent is to hurt or injure him. I don't necessarily agree with the rule but as it's written it was an illegal hit on the QB. IN WWF that move is called a piledrive.

The rule is trying to protect quarterbacks who are basically helpless in the pocket. You're not allowed to lift him in the air and then drive him into the ground which can cause a serious injury. That tackle on anybody but the QB would be textbook. On a defenless QB the intent is to hurt or injure him. I don't necessarily agree with the rule but as it's written it was an illegal hit on the QB. IN WWF that move is called a piledrive.

bull sh-- rule

IMO he didn't piledrive him. The hit on TE was a piledrive.

Justin's my boy, so this pisses me off even more, but I'm really glad he is appealing this fine...and it better get overturned. If this is the direction the league is going, I weep for future generations watching football who will never understand what the NFL was like before the "Two-Hand touch on the QB rule" or the "7-Mississippi before you rush rule" that we are inevitably headed towards.

Wilfork admits a cheap shot and gets a $12, 500 fine. Last week Jared Allen of the Vikings gets a $50,000 fine for a couple of shots at the Texans Matt Shaubs knees. Wheres the consistency?