Upon further review

ieatcrayonz

After the game I thought the result hinged on the pick 6 play and I was blaming Edwards. If we score there the Jets are back on their heels and the whole rest of the game develops differently.

There is no doubt Edwards made a horrible throw but when you look back at it, you can't really blame him. Turk Schoenfeld knew full well that the throw required Trent to throw the ball almost all the way to the sideline into the teeth of a 4+ MPH wind. It is simply a throw he can't make. It looked just like the throw against Dalllas last year where the same thing happened. Throwing a 10 yard pass 30 yards to the sidleine is a 40 yard pass if you do the math. Dumb call. Bad throw? Yes, but without the dumb call it never happens. You wouldn't ask Evans to kick a field goal, why would you ask Trent to throw a 40 yard out?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. I was glad they threw the ball into the end zone on 3rd and goal from the one, though. Why put the undue pressure on the biggest OL in the league, two RBs, a FB, a couple TEs, and a QB to go three feet on the ground, given two attempts!?!

You cannot expect that to happen!

A 4+ mph wind with teeth, ooh! :thumbsup:

I keed. :(

After the game I thought the result hinged on the pick 6 play and I was blaming Edwards. If we score there the Jets are back on their heels and the whole rest of the game develops differently.

There is no doubt Edwards made a horrible throw but when you look back at it, you can't really blame him. Turk Schoenfeld knew full well that the throw required Trent to throw the ball almost all the way to the sideline into the teeth of a 4+ MPH wind. It is simply a throw he can't make. It looked just like the throw against Dalllas last year where the same thing happened. Throwing a 10 yard pass 30 yards to the sidleine is a 40 yard pass if you do the math. Dumb call. Bad throw? Yes, but without the dumb call it never happens. You wouldn't ask Evans to kick a field goal, why would you ask Trent to throw a 40 yard out?

Good point. I was glad they threw the ball into the end zone on 3rd and goal from the one, though. Why put the undue pressure on the biggest OL in the league, two RBs, a FB, a couple TEs, and a QB to go three feet on the ground, given two attempts!?!

You cannot expect that to happen!

A 4+ mph wind with teeth, ooh! :thumbsup:

I keed. :(

I did not like that call either, but the game had already been thrown away by Turk's reliance on Trent's noodle at that point.

I still say that if Roscoe Parrish didn't slip & fall, he is at the place where the ball is thrown to and the worst that would have happened is an incomplete pass. It was 3rd & goal from the 14, so maybe a draw play or something to the back of the end zone where Trent could throw it away if need be would have sufficed. But if you're going to blame Turk Schonert for the loss because of this play, that's quite a reach.

As for the 3rd & 1 at the 8, I wasn't thrilled with the pass at the time, but it really wasn't a bad call. The Bills hadn't proven anything on the ground, so why try to jam it between the tackles for another loss? As it turns out, Kris Jenkins was dominating all day, so it wasn't the wrong call, IMO.

Jim Schoenfeld would have slid in front of the DB and prevented the 6

There was plenty of blame to go around on that play but I blame Dockery. He got annihilated on that play by Kris Jenkins, who then got in Trents face which made him take something off of the throw. Watch the replay. Jenkins made his first step to the right, Dockery stepped to his left and then Jenkins clubbed Dockery with his left hand, nearly knocking him over and was behind him before he could stand back up. Jenkins caused the bad throw which was made worse by Parrish slipping. Dockery gets the blame for the pick six in my opinion.

I know that running game wasn't the initial purpose of this thread but I am gonna have to throw it in....

If this team with the top 5 largest offensive line in the league could actually maul some people consistantly then Trent Edwards would look like a pro bowler.......because guys would actually be open downfield when he through the ball......and maybe we actually run the ball in for a touchdown........

This is where we gotta get fixed.....running the ball is all about attitude

I know that running game wasn't the initial purpose of this thread but I am gonna have to throw it in....

If this team with the top 5 largest offensive line in the league could actually maul some people consistantly then Trent Edwards would look like a pro bowler.......because guys would actually be open downfield when he through the ball......and maybe we actually run the ball in for a touchdown........

This is where we gotta get fixed.....running the ball is all about attitude

Amen John!!!

You want to track TE's effectiveness...Simply look at how well, or in recent Games how poorly, The Bills are Running it...It's that simple...TE will absolutely pick Defenses apart once The Bills establish the Run...The question is will they ever be able to establish The Run again with this O-Line??? :thumbsup:

Amen John!!!

You want to track TE's effectiveness...Simply look at how well, or in recent Games how poorly, The Bills are Running it...It's that simple...TE will absolutely pick Defenses apart once The Bills establish the Run...The question is will they ever be able to establish The Run again with this O-Line??? :thumbsup:

Honestly I think it is time for the bills to make a statement firing (or release of a player) to show that not being able to run the ball will not be tolerated.

This is only going to get worse if we dont fix it. How are the bills going to win games in wintertime if they cant run the ball? I have a very uneasy feeling about all of this and we should not throw the whole load of trying to win on Trent Edwards shoulders......HE NEEDS HELP

Honestly I think it is time for the bills to make a statement firing (or release of a player) to show that not being able to run the ball will not be tolerated.

This is only going to get worse if we dont fix it. How are the bills going to win games in wintertime if they cant run the ball? I have a very uneasy feeling about all of this and we should not throw the whole load of trying to win on Trent Edwards shoulders......HE NEEDS HELP

If we fire anyone we should fire Schoenfeld for thinking Trent can throw a ball 40 yards into a 4 MPH wind. Come on. It's just not fair to the kid.

Upon further review

Upon further review, I blame Eric Manboobi for that play. What kind of idiot head coach declines a penalty that will force a 4th down in that situation. If the Bills go on to score a TD and possibly win the game, he would be ridiculed relentlessly by the NY press. But he lucked out and everyone pretty much forgot about the bone headed call on that drive...

If we fire anyone we should fire Schoenfeld for thinking Trent can throw a ball 40 yards into a 4 MPH wind. Come on. It's just not fair to the kid.

Ok, first of all 4 MPH wind can barely even be considered a "breeze", and I dont know what you were watching, but TE did not have to throw that ball 40 yards. Trent was hit as he was throwing the ball, Roscoe fell down, and it got picked. I'd agree that an out route probably wasn't the best play call, as it's the route that is most often picked off, but firing Schonert for it? No.

Ok, first of all 4 MPH wind can barely even be considered a "breeze", and I dont know what you were watching, but TE did not have to throw that ball 40 yards. Trent was hit as he was throwing the ball, Roscoe fell down, and it got picked. I'd agree that an out route probably wasn't the best play call, as it's the route that is most often picked off, but firing Schonert for it? No.

It was 10 yards downfield plus 30 yards to his left. 40 yards. You can't blame Trent because he is physically incapable of making that throw. Roscoes wasn't within 5 yards of the bal slip or no slip. It's Turk's fault. I don't think I said fir him. It's just his fault.

Finally some objective logic here. 1 player is NEVER to blame!

The sad part is Dick won't bother to fix this unit and we will suffer for it.

There's always some wind at the stadium. If he can't throw in a 4 MPH wind, what's he going to be like when it picks up as we get into winter?