In the past four games, the Bills have had one legit sack

I'm not giving them credit for the Rivers second quarter whiff/fumble that got called a sack (God knows why). The only sack they have is Kawika Mitchell's fourth quarter sack against Rivers. They had none against Warner, Pennington, or Favre, and not one of those guys is remotely mobile. Favre also kept a close pace with the other three in terms of completion percentage: 68%. They've had 2 INTs in those four games.

I'm not giving them credit for the Rivers second quarter whiff/fumble that got called a sack (God knows why). The only sack they have is Kawika Mitchell's fourth quarter sack against Rivers. They had none against Warner, Pennington, or Favre, and not one of those guys is remotely mobile. Favre also kept a close pace with the other three in terms of completion percentage: 68%. They've had 2 INTs in those four games.

I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure that if the defensive coordinator doesn't call for blitzes more than 2 times a game, your sack count isn't going to be a whole lot. Actually, I didn't mean for that to sound so sarcastic. It really looks like Fewell has called the dogs off.

I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure that if the defensive coordinator doesn't call for blitzes more than 2 times a game, your sack count isn't going to be a whole lot. Actually, I didn't mean for that to sound so sarcastic. It really looks like Fewell has called the dogs off.

Huhh??? blitzes shouldnt be the bread and butter for sacks

Unfortunately, Marcus Stroud has been consistently double teamed and taken out of every play. That should open things up for "undersized but high motor" players like Kyle Williams, Chris Kelsay, and Ryan Denney, but they just cannot seem to beat their single coverage. All three of them are too weak.

Huhh??? blitzes shouldnt be the bread and butter for sacks

No they shouldn't, but Kelsay and Denney are just horrible. There needs to be small changes in scheme that compensate. The sad thing about it. Even blitzing we don't really have any playmakers to do that. Mitchell is the closest thing in our lb core to a playmaker. There's a bunch of problems, because of continuing to ignore the front 7 lack of talent.

It was amazing that the Greer TD return was the result of pressure from a blitzing L-backer. It's clear we cant get consistent rush from the front 4 so logic would dictate to try something different, something our staff doesn't understand.

I saw a fair share of Blitzes. But we were getting stuffed.I saw the Poz get stuffed a couple of times. We plain and simple have no pass rushers on this team. :wallbash:

Horrible coaching for the d-line doesn't help with the less than adequate talent provided.

It was amazing that the Greer TD return was the result of pressure from a blitzing L-backer. It's clear we cant get consistent rush from the front 4 so logic would dictate to try something different, something our staff doesn't understand.

Send more than 4 or if you don't do that, send 2-3 and drop even more into coverage.

I saw a fair share of Blitzes. But we were getting stuffed.I saw the Poz get stuffed a couple of times. We plain and simple have no pass rushers on this team. :thumbsup:

If Fewell actually calls a "fair share" of blitzes and we can't get to the QB, then how in the hell are other teams getting to OUR QB's so much?

A- Our offensive line is a bunch of lard buckets

B- Our defensive blitzes and blitzers are pathetic

C- Other offensive lines are THAT much better than our defense and our offensive line is THAT much worse than other defenses

it could not be due to the fact that we are missing our best d/lineman and pass rusher who teams have to account for on every play.

really you guys who make these type of comments dont have a clue!!!!!!

I could care less where they come from as long as we get them and hold the other team from scoring more than our team (which we've done 5 out of 8 games). There are no style points in football.

Frankly, I find the above post annoying. Our defensive line's lack of pass rush is a significant problem with this team. Attempts to discuss it deserve a better thought-out response than, "we're 5-3 so why worry about anything?"

Frankly, I find the above post annoying. Our defensive line's lack of pass rush is a significant problem with this team. Attempts to discuss it deserve a better thought-out response than, "we're 5-3 so why worry about anything?"

Right, and this problem isn't solved by Fewell screaming into the headset, "JUST BLITZ!!!!!11"

This defense isn't built to blitz at any of the three levels. The coverages aren't made for it, the secondary isn't built to play man-to-man bump and run, we're made to play with less than 4 linebackers on the field, and the linebackers aren't particularly good at blitzing. I'm afraid there's just going to be a lack of a pass rush until we can improve the personnel along the front four.

It was foolish to go into another season with Kelsay/Denney manning a DE spot...some of us were ignored when we were screaming as much prior to the draft.

All that said, I do think Fewell calls significantly more blitzes than people are giving him credit for...the posts saying he only calls 2 a game are laughable. Poz alone probably blitzes a good 4 times a week.

I wonder why people think Greer and MeGee are not good enough to play man? They could and we could keep the LBs and safeties in zone. During the Miami game I was screaming why not put Greer in man on Ginn? and give MeGee help on the other guy. I think the zone 2 is a "bend and lose" D, the way we play off on short passing QBs. We need to bump them, not stand 10 yards off. Take a chance to get burned and MAKE some plays. 50 little mistakes vs. a big play or 2 going against us seems like a good move if we become more effective in the turnover catagory.

The stunting seems ineffective too, can't phantom why we do it every week.

Blitzing well, I think the statement live by the blitz die by the blitz still stands in this league. There are other ways to handle it IMO. Some blitz can be a good thing, but we need a DE type LB to do it well, we don't have the personnel it would seem.