Colts losing / going 3-4, is this good for Buffalo??

SKOOBY

In the short term, I'd say this is VERY good for Buffalo. Indy plays NE at home this week and should now have even more motivation to win.

Long term, it's largely irrelevant. Too many variables between now and week 17. Tenny has a 4 game lead in their division with 9 games left, so they will probably win their division. I expect Indy to be fighting for a wild card spot as they get healthier. Buffalo, of course, needs to take care of their own games first. I could see us winning the division, and I could see us just as easily missing the playoffs. Take a look:

1. Tenn: 7-0

2. Pitt: 5-2

3. NE: 5-2

4. Denver: 4-3

5. Buff: 5-2

6. Balt: 4-3

-------

7. NYJ: 4-3

8-16. AFC teams with 4 or more losses

Things are obviously pretty tight right now...

In the short term, I'd say this is VERY good for Buffalo. Indy plays NE at home this week and should now have even more motivation to win.

Long term, it's largely irrelevant. Too many variables between now and week 17. Tenny has a 4 game lead in their division with 9 games left, so they will probably win their division. I expect Indy to be fighting for a wild card spot as they get healthier. Buffalo, of course, needs to take care of their own games first. I could see us winning the division, and I could see us just as easily missing the playoffs. Take a look:

-------

Hopefully, we win this weekend and the Colts beat the Pats, then we're back in 1st place.

Don't give a crap about the wildcard. It's a bad division. Go win it.

No playoffs since 99, you take what you can get. Frankly I'd be fine with 10-6, 9-7, or even 8-8, whatever is required to, at a minimum, seize that 6th spot.

Winning the division would be a BIG plus, but the line between successful season and disappointing season is whether or not we reach the playoffs.

-------

I don't think the seeding works the way you indicate any more. Winning the division no longer seeds you higher than a wild card with a better record, at least I think they made that change in the off-season. The reason was to force teams to continue to play until the end, and not hold back when their seed position was locked up...CD

Hopefully, we win this weekend and the Colts beat the Pats, then we're back in 1st place.

If the Bills win, they will be 1-1 in the division, which would be the same as the Patriots. They would have a better AFC record (only 1 loss) compared to the Patriots's record (2 or 3 losses). No matter what the Patriots do against the Colts, the Bills will be in front of the Patriots on tiebreakers if the Bills beat the Jets.

If the Bills win, they will be 1-1 in the division, which would be the same as the Patriots. They would have a better AFC record (only 1 loss) compared to the Patriots's record (2 or 3 losses). No matter what the Patriots do against the Colts, the Bills will be in front of the Patriots on tiebreakers if the Bills beat the Jets.

arkady, you are right.

I brain farted. sorry. Corrected.

Yes, it's good. Flame away, but I feel pretty strongly that the Pats will win the division because of their defense (Seymour, their best player is healthy and unstoppable). The Bills are in pretty good position for a WC, however. Splitting with the Jets is key (they won't beat them twice).