opposing QBs the past three games

This is the #1 thing that concerns me. I was going to bring it up myself, but thanks for doing the research.

We cannot expect to win consistently when opposing quarterbacks have such an easy time completing passes. We may do a decent job preventing the big completion, but we're being dink-and-dunked to death.

The thing that gets me is that there is a fairly simple blueprint to beating Pennington and the Dolphins: press the receivers and get some pressure on Pennington. We did neither. Why?

I think the root cause is the absence of a real pass rush. The team is incapable of applying consistent pressure with the front four. That means that the DBs have to hold coverage for FAR too long. I also believe that the pad that the CBs are giving the WRs is a crutch because the coaches realize the anemia of the pass rush.

This is the #1 thing that concerns me. I was going to bring it up myself, but thanks for doing the research.

We cannot expect to win consistently when opposing quarterbacks have such an easy time completing passes. We may do a decent job preventing the big completion, but we're being dink-and-dunked to death.

The thing that gets me is that there is a fairly simple blueprint to beating Pennington and the Dolphins: press the receivers and get some pressure on Pennington. We did neither. Why?

Because they can't.

Warner: 79% completion rate (107.3 rating)

Rivers: 76% completion rate (103.8 rating)

Pennington: 73% completion rate (117.9 rating)

3 excellent QBs and no passrush.....what do you expect? the secondary is the least of our problems

I think the root cause is the absence of a real pass rush. The team is incapable of applying consistent pressure with the front four. That means that the DBs have to hold coverage for FAR too long. I also believe that the pad that the CBs are giving the WRs is a crutch because the coaches realize the anemia of the pass rush.

Where are the LBs too ?

We can throw those stats out for Warner, because they were skewed due to JP Losman not having long, time eating drives and tiring out the defense, and turning the ball over. right?

Not a word about it and you bring it up again..Clockwork..LOL..next

Not a word about it and you bring it up again..Clockwork..LOL..next

just trying to point out how idiotic the lemmings are that were spouting the whole 'turnovers, time of possession=wins, trent is god' mantra. the fact of the matter is our team got outplayed both weeks.

I think that you are right about that being a rather large problem..The amount of cushion given every receiver we face is maddening....Another problem I am seeing develop is not getting Marshawn the football 25-30 times a game..Trents development is nice but this guy will wear down opponents the more he gets the ball and they dont give it a chance to develop..Wwe have the largest oline in the NFL use it..Run him wide more then hit them up the middle but to not give him those carries is just plain retarded..Jackson is ok but he isnt a workhorse Marshawn is..Hell now that Reed is done for awhil move him toWR...But give Marshawn the Dam Ball

and i agree that if we give our 330+ lb guys more opportunities to smash guys in run blocking, we'll wear them down and put edwards (and the rest of the team) in a better position to win games. marshawn needs more than 13 or however many carries he got last game.

3 excellent QBs and no passrush.....what do you expect? the secondary is the least of our problems

We beat arguably the best QB of the 3. We did because we did put a pass rush on him. Remember the fumble caused by Mitchell? The difference was that we blitzed and threw different looking defenses at him. We did none of this against Warner or Pennington. In my thinking, that's the difference between these 2 games and the rest of the season. After the Cardinals game I thought we had figured it out as went back to what had been working last week against the Chargers. If we play D like we did against Seattle, Oakland, Jacksonville, St. Louis, and San Diego, we probably would have won yesterday. I don't think we have the DL or the secondary to play drop back straight no blitz defense. We're not the '07 Giants.

Come on, bring the HEAT !!

Go Bills !!