Trent played scared today...

SKOOBY

No, he didn't. He played against a man-to-man, cover-8 defense that required a more creative offensive gameplan than, Run on first down, and then look for Evans and if he's not open, check it down. Trent did not play scared. Schonert called a game out of Fairchild's playbook.

Here we go. Trent's never played a bad game. His results are only bad when the coordinator is at fault. I do agree, however, that did not play "scared". Not well, but not scared.

I didn't think Trent played terrible, or in any way cost us the game. A few flukey plays didn't go our way, and the game got out of hand. A 3-and-out after Marshawn's TDs may have sealed the game, but our foolish defensive scheming and McGee's suckiness didn't allow that to happen.

Here we go. Trent's never played a bad game. His results are only bad when the coordinator is at fault. I do agree, however, that did not play "scared". Not well, but not scared.

Not saying he played a good game - he didn't. But I do think he'll learn how to play against this type of defense. He's still basically a rookie. That said, he didn't play *scared* in any way as far as I'm concerned. I don't think he was put in the best position to make plays today... he also had a gutsy run in the fourth quarter that was negated by a Dockery holding penalty. God was Dockery awful today.

This is not me calling for his head or anything, but what Trent played was overconfident today. Holding onto the ball like that in the end zone particularly makes it look like he thinks he is invincible, or maybe he thinks his line is invincible. Either way, he has to find a way to blend that ability to hang in there to the last minute and completing throws with his tendency to hang in there past the last minute, when bad things happen (like fumbles in the end zone, or interceptions after his arm is hit).

As good as Trent was last week (awesome) he was bad today. OK, that's not true. Trent had his moments when he looked OK. Overall, though, Trent was not good, and deserves some of the blame for this loss...but, not all of it, by any means,.

But, taking a safety in the end zone when he had ample time to get rid of the ball was horrid. The fumble was horrid. Overall, I would call this one rough weekend for an otherwise very good, young QB. Every QB has these days. Today the rest of the team, or coaching staff, did little to help him out.

I didn't think Trent played terrible, or in any way cost us the game. A few flukey plays didn't go our way, and the game got out of hand. A 3-and-out after Marshawn's TDs may have sealed the game, but our foolish defensive scheming and McGee's suckiness didn't allow that to happen.

Go look again. He was pretty bad today. Turnovers, sacks for holding the ball too long, missed some easy throws, threw into coverage, looked lifeless on the bench between series. Sound familiar?

He was not alone. Poor performance by many today.

Love Trent, great player, think he's the future, but he didn't play great. He played ok, but held the ball too long. It didn't help that we didn't help to have a game-plan that was mostly predictable with the exception of the 1st drive of the 2nd half, and the drive where Royal fumbled.

We need a better-game plan, and Trent had a bad game. He wasn't horrible, but he wasn't good and there were a few drops that were costly, and his fumbles were also costly (well the one in particular).

It wasn't all Trent. how is it that our receivers could not get open on a sub-par defensive secondary. Hardy couldn't get open, Royal sucks...it's official now(for me it was official a long time ago) and Evans has to make those catches where he gets his hands on the ball. Trent wasn't completely blameless but the playcalling didn't help.

The whole game he was off, he got rattled early and often. Somewhere the big tuna is grinning, widely.

He didn't have great accuracy but he stayed in the pocket took hits and still delivered some passes. he wasn't awesome but he also wasn't scared.

give examples of him playing scared please

As good as Trent was last week (awesome) he was bad today. OK, that's not true. Trent had his moments when he looked OK. Overall, though, Trent was not good, and deserves some of the blame for this loss...but, not all of it, by any means,.

But, taking a safety in the end zone when he had ample time to get rid of the ball was horrid. The fumble was horrid. Overall, I would call this one rough weekend for an otherwise very good, young QB. Every QB has these days. Today the rest of the team, or coaching staff, did little to help him out.

It looked to me like Trent was having trouble reading the defenses the Poorpisses were running. There were dropped passes and fumbles that didn't help him much but the QB is the leader of the team and it seems that when the team was falling apart rather than being able to regroup them he caved himself. I don't think the Poorpisses won nearly as much as Buffalo gave it to them.

That said this is the kind of thing that can be expected from a young QB and in fact any QB. They all will have bad games at times. This was a learning experience for him and the whole team. It will be interesting to see how they perform next week. I think they'll regroup and come back strong and win. :thumbsup:

The good thing about this game is it was against the last place division team so it really doesn't hurt them as much as say a loss to the Pets* or Jests. :lol:

The whole game he was off, he got rattled early and often. Somewhere the big tuna is grinning, widely.

The int im willing to say that wasnt totally his fault but he wasnt feeling pressure at all today. The stretch and fumble on the 3rd and one was horrible. i seem to recall another quarterback getting killed here after that happened to him. That play led to ouyr demise it destroyed our final chance to drive down and make it a game. And the safety was more peters fault but trent needs to get rid of that ball quicker

He played poorly. Not "scared."

:thumbsup:

We all knew there were going to be games like this. If this is the worst that TE can give us, I think he will be fine. The Bills still very much had a chance to win this game, until, about the final 4 minutes. Edwards wasn't great, but the Dolphins deserve some credit as well. Believe me, the Pats are going to look at the film from this game, and find out what worked against Trent, and what didin't, and then throw in their own wrinkles. I agree with whoever it was, in this thread, who said, if anything, Trent seemed a little overconfident out there today. His strength has been his ability to learn from his mistakes, and I think he will...to say he "played scared" is "retarted"!

IMO, the guiltiest culprit in this game, was the defense, and their inability to do much to slow down Pennington. Pennington to Ginn killed them in the first and second half. Other than his first catch, did Ginn have anyone within 5 yards of him, on any of his catches? The D-line did a nice job against the run, but got little pressure on Pennington most of the game (except the few plays where they did) and simply carved them apart. Give Pennington the threat of a running game, and he is a very capable QB.

Most of us have been watching football long enough to know, when one unit plays poorly, it affects that other unit. In past weeks, the offensive efficiency of the Bills, bailed out the defense. Today, the offense needed the favor returned, but didn't get it. Poor field position for most of the day took its' toll.

:thumbsup:

We all knew there were going to be games like this. If this is the worst that TE can give us, I think he will be fine. The Bills still very much had a chance to win this game, until, about the final 4 minutes. Edwards wasn't great, but the Dolphins deserve some credit as well. Believe me, the Pats are going to look at the film from this game, and find out what worked against Trent, and what didin't, and then throw in their own wrinkles. I agree with whoever it was, in this thread, who said, if anything, Trent seemed a little overconfident out there today. His strength has been his ability to learn from his mistakes, and I think he will...to say he "played scared" is "retarted"!

IMO, the guiltiest culprit in this game, was the defense, and their inability to do much to slow down Pennington. Pennington to Ginn killed them in the first and second half. Other than his first catch, did Ginn have anyone within 5 yards of him, on any of his catches? The D-line did a nice job against the run, but got little pressure on Pennington most of the game (except the few plays where they did) and simply carved them apart. Give Pennington the threat of a running game, and he is a very capable QB.

Most of us have been watching football long enough to know, when one unit plays poorly, it affects that other unit. In past weeks, the offensive efficiency of the Bills, bailed out the defense. Today, the offense needed the favor returned, but didn't get it. Poor field position for most of the day took its' toll.

Your last sentence was big, IMO and its not really been mentioned in the multitude of posts. Twice we stopped the Fins at about their 40 yard line and they punted! And both times their punter pinned us inside the 5. That was huge. Our special teams didn't help much today. Yes, we got a blocked FG, but the poor field position and the safety more than cancel that out, IMO.