John Clayton today on WGR said

Aka... Tom Brady can't cheat anymore, and doesn't want to play football.

In my mind, Brady never cheated, nor did any of the other Patriots* who were on the team at the time they spied. The onus is all on Belichick and his coaching staff for this one. If any of the players had outed Belichick and the team on this issue, they would've been looked upon as traitors in their own locker room.

Even the most honest of players is put between a rock and a hard place when this kind of cheating from the coaches occurs, and the players shouldn't have to deal with that.

In my mind, Brady never cheated, nor did any of the other Patriots* who were on the team at the time they spied. The onus is all on Belichick and his coaching staff for this one. If any of the players had outed Belichick and the team on this issue, they would've been looked upon as traitors in their own locker room.

Even the most honest of players is put between a rock and a hard place when this kind of cheating from the coaches occurs, and the players shouldn't have to deal with that.

You're splitting hairs.

If even half of the reports about the depth of the cheating are true (from last second headset signals to Brady about the defensive set, to other numerous violations) then every player on the team benefited from the cheating. Inflating team AND individual stats.

So you can say that no one in their right mind would out their coach (and probably be correct), but it's still cheating. Period.

Why do I feel like the media is trying to put this "career threatening" news out there so that when everything does work out, they can make this another Teddy Bruschi story next year? Tom Brady overcomes a career and life threatening injury and returns to save the Patriots.

The Teddy Bruschi story still mystifies me. That was a stroke wasn't it? How the he** can he be playing?? :lol:

The Teddy Bruschi story still mystifies me. That was a stroke wasn't it? How the he** can he be playing?? :lol:

Frankly, a man who had a stroke and who could probably die with one solid knock to the skull AND who has a couple of little kids is a numbskull. Props for being tough enough to keep playing, but it is downright dumb.

holy crap...so now it is a media conspiracy to manipulate everyone's emotions so that when brady returns next year they have an award-winning story to tell? wow.

is it really too paradoxical to just say get well tom, f--- off patriots, and be done with it? is that too complicated? i hope to god nothing like this ever happens to one of your sons.

holy crap...so now it is a media conspiracy to manipulate everyone's emotions so that when brady returns next year they have an award-winning story to tell? wow.

is it really too paradoxical to just say get well tom, f--- off patriots, and be done with it? is that too complicated? i hope to god nothing like this ever happens to one of your sons.

It did happen to my dog though..Quite disgusting...Ooozing puss that smelled like rotting cottage cheese...Had to have an operation kinda like lippo suction. The lil mutt is all recovered and happy now but not a good time when it happened. If it's anything close to that I wouldn't wish that on anyone...even a dog.

This is definitely bad news for him. Take it from somebody who deals with those types of infections for a living.

I have to have orthopedic surgery in another month, and the thing that scares me the most is the possibility of getting one of these infections.

Yeah, I wouldn't even wish it on Tom Brady. (A raging case of the clap is another story.)

as much as i dispise the pats*, i would have like brady to miss the first 5 games this year and be healthy for the bills game so there is no excuse when we win the division

Ya know what? I used to go by that logic until last year. I knew a lady who was a Pats fan and when they played the Bills last year and JP got hurt she said to me "OOOOh too bad, good teams have depth" and "if Buffalo was any good they'd won despite an injury". It got me a bit heated until I realized that she was right. If your a good team then you win despite. I don't feel any different who they have playing for them, a win will feel sweet.

This is definitely bad news for Tom and could potentially be career threatening but probably won't be.

The fact that he had two knee wash outs tells you the infection is really bad. If the graft survives, there's no question it will be weakened by the infection which means he will likely always have to wear a brace to protect it.

If the graft dies, then Tom has to have a repeat surgery only after the infection is completely gone. If that's the case, he won't be ready for the beginning of next season.

RTB

A big FU to anyone who is happy about this. I hope Brady comes back and is as good as ever. Beating those b!tches won't feel as satisfying unless he's the qb. Aside from that, there's nobody on this board that wouldn't switch places with him in a second. Gisele, best player in the league (don't doubt it after NE's fall this year), etc...

I agree, it won't be the same. Though, there is no WAY I want his shoes on my feet, I could never handle the pressure. Not even for a quick minute.