Melvin Fowler needs to be benched

The Chargers are SOLID at the DT position......Jamal Williams and that other guy they have are big time disrupters

I didn't see any inside push getting to Edwards

Now we didn't look that much better between the tackles......but you also didn't see Melvin Fowler missing assignments. Duke Preston needs to start.

Yeah, but I remember on the 2nd play near our goal line, where it looked like Marshawn tripped, or popped in the air, was due to Preston getting pushed back.

We need a new center either way...I'm just sayin'.

[quote name='dollars 2 donuts' date='Oct 20 2008, 12:19 PM' post='1176599'

I agree with needing a new center. I think the center position is the weak point of our line and it can be exposed in our divisional games vs the 3-4 defenses and their big nose tackles. Fowler has shown he can't handle wilfork from NE and I think if given the chance he will show he can't handle kris jenkins.

Why not give Preston his shot. Can someone tell me who is bigger?

Thanks.

Yeah, but I remember on the 2nd play near our goal line, where it looked like Marshawn tripped, or popped in the air, was due to Preston getting pushed back.

It didn't look like that to me. It looked like Lynch saw a cut-back lane open and just tripped over Preston's leg.

Preston held his own, although I don't disagree with you that an upgrade at center would be nice.

It didn't look like that to me. It looked like Lynch saw a cut-back lane open and just tripped over Preston's leg.

Preston held his own, although I don't disagree with you that an upgrade at center would be nice.

Agreed. That actually looked like a pretty good size hole that may have gone for a big gain if Marshawn hadn't tripped.

eh, preston was pushed waaaaaayyy back into marshawn's way.

JR, I watched it a couple of times, he got pushed back and to the right. Preston could have been riding him outside, but he still appeared to get into the backfield, or rather stymied Preston into the backfield.

Partially Marshawn's fault, you betcha. Did he have a good game, yepper. I just really noticed that play.

However, we do really need a new center.

Sorry, Melvin.

It's funny.

All the pre-game talk was about how Williams would blow up Preston and our line. All the post-game talk was about how good Preston was and that the line gave up no sacks.

WGR interviewed Preston post-game. He said he had been waiting for his chance, his chance to play, his chance to start. And he certainly took advantage. He earned/deserves another chance to start, show he's for real.

Our O-Line really came together yesterday. Peters pissed off all the fans in my section when he got the penalty, but he played well all game. I think he found his game (finally). Even with Fowler hurt, and then Butler, we stood strong. Everyone, myself included, was worried about Trent getting hit. They must have known the stakes because they blocked all day for him. It's no coincidence Trent completed 83% of his passes.

The run blocking is still another story, and an enigma, but when they ran outside they had some success.

I'm glad the line is getting it together.

The Chargers are SOLID at the DT position......Jamal Williams and that other guy they have are big time disrupters

Now we didn't look that much better between the tackles......but you also didn't see Melvin Fowler missing assignments. Duke Preston needs to start.

I agree. Several times the SD DEs were getting past our tackles....but TE was able to step up into the pocket because of the lack of inside push. You are spot on.

Agree, maybe they have finally have a spot of Duke, he running out of time. Fowler gets overpowered.