DiGiorgio - "Out Indefinitely"

Nanker

Per Chris Brown's Blog.

That's not good.

Its never good when the trainers literally spend about 30 seconds looking at him and call for the cart...must have been a no-brainer serious injury...

EDIT: Reports are that he was on crutches in the locker room and could put little to no weight on his leg...

looks like he is ending up on IR in a few days...

Its never good when the trainers literally spend about 30 seconds looking at him and call for the cart...must have been a no-brainer serious injury...

EDIT: Reports are that he was on crutches in the locker room and could put little to no weight on his leg...

looks like he is ending up on IR in a few days...

Yup. He was in obvious pain on the ride to the locker room. The way it looked, he'll be fortunate if it isn't a gone-for-the-season deal.

Having had 2 torn ACL's in my time, my diagnosis is a torn ACL. Just the way he landed, off balance, with the leg fully extended, I'm sure he hyperextended it and it tore. I know the feeling.

Knowing how hard Digiorgio has worked to make the NFL, I'm sure he'll work even harder in his rehab from surgery.

IR soon.

John Corto is a FS.

This sucks! Bowen, Crowell and now DiGiorgio. Too late to trade for a LB. Are there any street FA's available now? Who can they shuffle around?

Then why is Jon Corto listed as Kawika Mitchell's backup at SLB on today's flipcard?

Corto was converted to LB during the preseason. He took lots of reps during those games at SLB, in part due to Crowell being injured.

Assuming DiGiorgio goes on IR, the logical assumption is somebody from the practice squad gets promoted. Wouldn't necessarily be Buggs, but that seems the most likely candidate just to insure they have enough backup LBs on game day.

Then why is Jon Corto listed as Kawika Mitchell's backup at SLB on today's flipcard?

I can't get the depth chart for the D to come up from BB.com. So I'm going by this.

I didn't notice he is a backup at two positions. Anyhoo, he's there to be a ST player and I'd be very scared to see him starting in either position.

Corto was converted to LB during the preseason. He took lots of reps during those games at SLB, in part due to Crowell being injured.

Assuming DiGiorgio goes on IR, the logical assumption is somebody from the practice squad gets promoted. Wouldn't necessarily be Buggs, but that seems the most likely candidate just to insure they have enough backup LBs on game day.

considering Buggs is the only LB on the PS I cant see anyone else comeing in, unless you mean Corey Mace but hes a DT...this dosent mean the Bills dont rob from another teams PS, but then why keep Buggs if they feel that way.

Corto is an LB (but on the offical depth chart he is listed as FS) on the roster he is a LB on BB.com anyway. I like him. he really has shown a lot, to even make the team. I read an artical a while back about him and he was converted back to LB during camp and he is happy about it as he feels it fits his style of play better (the coaches thought so too, obviously). He was a OLB in college and even if he is undersized he is a backup for the position (he is by far the lightest LB at 208). I would think they would slid some one with a bit more experience over if Poz went down and use Corto as back up to them. We also have George oh I mean Blake on the squad, but honestly I think the coaches like Corto a lot (maybe more than Constanza). I wonder who he would be back up for as being a FS would kind of suggest he belongs in the MLB spot but he really doesn't have the bulk.

I know Corto is a ST PLAYER (I read he made a great play this week but missed it)!

And a Buffalo boy. Great story...

Reminds me of that guy in that movie with Marky/Mark who was on Phily. Only I think Corto is better.

Great to have a fan on the team, IMO he can bring a bit of the history to his teammates. He is one of my fav new Bills.

I can't get the depth chart for the D to come up from BB.com. So I'm going by this.

I didn't notice he is a backup at two positions. Anyhoo, he's there to be a ST player and I'd be very scared to see him starting in either position.

For future reference, the NFL.com depth chart is NOT official, and I won't link them in my previews unless there's no better option. (There usually is; even Yahoo! seems to be more consistently accurate.) And as we noted last Sunday when Fred Jackson and Jason Peters disappeared, bb.com isn't infallible, either. I use the one from the weekly releases provided to the media, which also lists Mitchell and Corto at SLB, not WLB.

No matter what various Web sites say, Corto isn't a backup at S. The only way I could see him playing there is if several DBs go out of the same game with injuries.

For future reference, the NFL.com depth chart is NOT official, and I won't link them in my previews unless there's no better option. (There usually is; even Yahoo! seems to be more consistently accurate.) And as we noted last Sunday when Fred Jackson and Jason Peters disappeared, bb.com isn't infallible, either. I use the one from the weekly releases provided to the media, which also lists Mitchell and Corto at SLB, not WLB.

No matter what various Web sites say, Corto isn't a backup at S. The only way I could see him playing there is if several DBs go out of the same game with injuries.

Thanks, I've had some questions about that site but when all else fails I went there figuring since it's NFL.com they should be a decent source. Well I guess we'll see what he's got.