Holy crap! Did you hear? College football player

Yeah, I remember Lott did it too. And I was going to say that Lott doing it was even more dedicated because Lott would have gotten paid even if he hadn't had it cut off. I figured the college guy had a limited amount of time to show that he was capable of making the pros, so he might have a huge amount of money riding on it.

But when I read that the guy is a small college player with no chance at the NFL, a guy who knows his last game of football will be this season, well, that beats even Lott.

You have to be impressed.

To me its a bone-headed move by a youth that will be regretted upon later on in life. Believe me I would know....not about lopping off fingers but lets say I did some stupid stuff to my body for sure. Thinking it was important or I was being manly. Sorry but I see this as stupid.

Its still a piece of your body that your not getting back. Maybe I'm alone in this....which is odd ha ha.

Maybe he won't regret it but I'm not lopping off any body part unless its to save my family some how.

Read the article Lori posted.... To him, this was for his family.... his teammates.

I'm not saying its not twisted, but it meant something to this guy to be able to be on that field.

This read gives you the perspective. The kid just loves football.

That was a great read, and its good to know there are still kids coming up that love the game of football. It really makes you look down upon the likes of the Jason Peter's and Willis McGahee's out there. That kid may never make it to the NFL, but make no mistake he will always be a football player.