"Chiefs to Keep Gonzalez"

afl0226

As great as it would be for our team to have landed gonzalez. We're back to changing nothing. Still need a threat at te as we have none. Still need pass rushers as we still only have 1 and he's injured. Still need a center. Maybe a guard, defensive tackles, and an olb. For a team who's close but not quite there yet. Someone like gonzo would've helped put a major band aid on one of those wounds, and given us a legit threat to take pressure off evans for a change. While Hardy adapts to playing wideout in the pros.

Yes and to make matters worse, odds are any stud TE they draft next year won't be a solid contributor until 2010.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad the Bills kept all their picks for next year and did not overpay for Gonzales. He would of been a great pickup, but it sounds like the price was way too steep. The Chefs have little talent besides Dwayne Bowe, and a few others. If I were the Chefs GM I would have a firesale on my veterans and stockpiled picks for next year. They will not build a team around Gonzales, and they are definitely several years away

He didn't get quoted as saying "no comment". He said there is absolutely no deal. Thats not tipping his hand...that's definitive..

So if the Bills, or any other team for that matter, offer him what he has been asking for the entire time 10 minutes from now he'd say no because he's already given a quote to Jason Cole and that's "definitive". Are you kidding?

""No, nada, nothing, zero," Peterson said, from the fall owners meetings, when asked if he had any possible deals for some of his high-priced veterans. TE Tony Gonzalez, RB Larry Johnson and CB Patrick Surtain have all been rumored to be on the trading block for the Chiefs, who are in rebuilding mode. "

Yahoo Sports

Oh well...

So if the Bills, or any other team for that matter, offer him what he has been asking for the entire time 10 minutes from now he'd say no because he's already given a quote to Jason Cole and that's "definitive". Are you kidding?

That would probably be a horse of a fourteenth color.

No, but I'm trying to bring you to reality. It's not happening. I want TG as much as the next guy, but I'm not falling into to insanity to keep believing...

I am glad the Bills kept all their picks for next year and did not overpay for Gonzales. He would of been a great pickup, but it sounds like the price was way too steep. The Chefs have little talent besides Dwayne Bowe, and a few others. If I were the Chefs GM I would have a firesale on my veterans and stockpiled picks for next year. They will not build a team around Gonzales, and they are definitely several years away

I'm all for the value of draft picks, don't get me wrong. There comes a point in all teams progression, where they have instill a balance of potential serious upgrades vs the potential of rookies. I'd argue the Bills are very close to having to make those decisions. What kind of rookie te is going to have the immediate impact that Gonzalez would've had? Especially at a point in Trent Edwards career where it would've benefited him immensely. Rookie te's aren't going to come in and catch 99 passes for 1000 + yards. Be a legit threat to take pressure off evans, or be a good blocking te, great redzone threat, and give our current rookie wideout some development time to grow into his role. Most of our team was built via the draft. Fantastic. This move could've solved a lot of complaints heard over the past few years here though. It's great to hear it wasn't for lack of trying on the Bills part. I didn't even expect it to be possible. Still would've been a much needed shot in the arm.

No, but I'm trying to bring you to reality. It's not happening. I want TG as much as the next guy, but I'm not falling into to insanity to keep believing...

I'm not saying that it probably won't get done with TG to the Bills, all I'm saying is I don't think that an article like that means that something def. still isn't going to happen today. My money is on that it won't too, but there have been so many "dead" deals in every sport in the past that somehow get new life in the last hour....So you just never know...

""No, nada, nothing, zero," Peterson said, from the fall owners meetings, when asked if he had any possible deals for some of his high-priced veterans. TE Tony Gonzalez, RB Larry Johnson and CB Patrick Surtain have all been rumored to be on the trading block for the Chiefs, who are in rebuilding mode. "

Yahoo Sports

I guess it must have been someone else that I saw at the airport then ...

Supposedly thats what they wanted and thats what they gave them. If that true the only thing I can think of is TG said i want to stay.

DING DING DING

TG was driving this process........they weren't going to trade him somewhere he didn't want to be (i.e. buffalo), and they weren't going to take a crap deal just to move him somewhere he did want to be (i.e. new york)

this was about respect for a tenured player

Even if he is traded, we probably won't find out until a couple hours after the deadline. I believe only preliminary paperwork has to be submitted to the league by 4 pm.

Why subject yourself and the rest of us to this agony of useless hope? It's like the "Sopranos"-it's OVER. Find a new show!

Typical Peterson. This won't end well for him. He's going to lose his job, probably at the end of this season, when ownership realizes all he's produced is an uncompetitive team without a QB, and that he left good deals on the table that would have improved the franchise because of his gigantic ego.

Ask Jason Whitlock from the KC Star what he thinks of King Carl Peterson. The GM for 20 years who has delivered so little, yet remains in power of a completely rebuilding organization that goes into rebuilding mode every five years or so.