More Of The Same

That list is bubkus.

The Jags and Saints are most likely to move.

The Jags most loyal season ticket holder appears to be the tarp that covers all their unsold seats

The Saints are suffering from a loss of their fanbase as people evacuate New Orleans but don't return.

Speaking of New Orleans, I also saw that the NO Hornets are on their list. I'm no basketball fan, but didn't they just relocate from Charlotte? Speaking Charlotte, why is the expansion team (that the NBA gave them after the Hornets left) on the list?

Hockey in Phoenix and Nashville :thumbsup:

SF 49ers as a possible move at #3???? All credability is lost when I saw that.

Agreed. No way they move..

actually, there has been a decent amount of talk of the 49ers moving in the last 5 years.

i've heard and read the number one place is santa clara, with sacremento, and san jose as possible places to go as well.

the 49ers ownership has stated a move to santa clara is in the works, so that is straight from the horses mouth.

it has been said that the move to santa clara will happen in 2012

see this article

49ers owners announce plans to move

Don't you rookies know there is no reason to start new threads on topics already under discussion?

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=74107

:thumbsup: Had to take that shot, as we were real pricks to a newb who started ANOTHER Tony G thread, last night.

Notice the 49ers are there, too? Raiders and Jacksonville are not.

As Let's Go Bills notes in the other thread, it simply looks like a list of teams that need new stadiums.

You guys ever notice that Forbes just doesn't like Buffalo? Also, they don't know anything about the stadium, nor have they probably ever attended a game at the Ralph, or the Rogers center by that matter. They keep calling the stadium "outdated" (I keep hearing this all over), but have these "authorities" ever visited the Ralph? I've been to about 6 different NFL stadiums and I have to say, if I knew nothing about football or stadiums I would guess that the Ralph was one of the newest. Erie County drops like what, 5 mil a year or something into stadium improvements, and lets the Bills take all the gate from a stadium they dont own? What other sports team has this kinda stuff? They just put in that sick new scoreboard, have the ribbon one around the bowl, and lets not forget all the improvements they made (ie jim kelly club, new suites) about 8 years ago. I've brought plenty of out of town friends to games, and every time they compliment how nice the stadium is compared to what they hear.

On top of that, the Rogers is "spiffier?" Sure it was nice when it opened as the skydome 25 years ago, but now its a dump. Spiffier, give me abreak.

I'm sick of the pile on buffalo mentality, but i guess that's not going to change anytime soon. should we mass email forbes or something?

I disagree with the "#43 market" claim. It depends upon how you count the surrounding area. My estimate is #38 (http://www.neweconomyindex.org/metro/major_cities.html) but for football purposes its much larger. The Buffalo metrolpoltian area is about 1.1 million and Rochester is 1. million. If you add some portion of Toronto at 7.6 million to these it is in the top 10 or 15. So that's one think I think is in our favor. Also you have to look at the teams that already exist and what areas they serve to see where the owners might even think to put a team without screwing an existing frachise and having the new team fail due to losing competition to an exisiting fan base. For example, Dayton and Columbus Ohio are top 50 metropoliton areas, but do you think that they would support another NFL team instead of the Bengals, Browns and Buckeyes? Sacrmento California is big, but close to the 49ers and the Raiders. Flordia has 3 NFL teams and is a hotbed of college football with usually 4 top 25 teams. Look at the following list and think of where a "good" move for an existing team might be:

1 New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, N.Y.-N.J.-Conn.-Pa.....

20 MILION..................2 NFL

2 Los Angeles-Riverside-Orange County, Calif...............................

15.8 MILLION...............NONE

3 Chicago-Gary-Kenosha, Ill.-Ind.-Wis..........................................

8.8 MILLION............... NFL

TORONTO 5.5 MILLION CFL & BILLS

4 Washington, D.C.-Baltimore, D.C.-Md.-Va.-W.Va.7.2 MILLION..........

7.2 MILLION..............2 NFL

5 San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, Calif.........................................

6.8 MILLION 2 NFL

6 Philadelphia-Wilmington-Atlantic City, Pa.-N.J.-Del.-Md. ..................

6 MILLION NFK

7 Boston-Worcester-Lawrence-Lowell-Brockton, Mass.-N.H ...

5.8 MILLION. NFL

8 Detroit-Ann Arbor, Mich. ............................

5.4 MILLION NFL

9 Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas......................

4.8 MILLION.......... NFL

10 Houston-Galveston-Brazoria, Texas.......

4.4 MILLION.. NFL

11 Atlanta, Ga............

3.7 MILLION.. NFL

12 Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Fla

3.6 MILLION NFL

13 Seattle-Tacoma-Bremerton, Wash. ..

3.4......................NFL

14 Phoenix,

.2.9......NFL

15 Cleveland-Akron, Ohio ....

NFL

16 Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minn.-Wis. ...

NFL

17 San Diego, Calif.

NFL

18 St Louis, Mo.-Ill. ...

NFL

19 Denver-Boulder-Greeley, Colo

NFL

20 Pittsburgh, Pa.

NFL

21 Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Fla.

NFL

22 Portland-Salem, Ore.-Wash.

SEAHAWKS fans?

23 Cincinnati-Hamilton, Ohio-Ky.-Ind.

NFL

24 Kansas City, Mo.-Kan. .

NFL

25 Sacramento-Yolo, Calif.

RAIDERS & 49ERS fans

26 Milwaukee-Racine, Wis.

NFL

27 Norfolk-Virginia Beach-Newport News, Va.-N.C.

REDSKINS Cougar fans

28 San Antonio, Texas.

COWBOYS, TEXANS

29 Indianapolis, Ind.

NFL

30 Orlando, Fla.

.JACKSONVILLE, TAMPA BAY , MIAMI

31 Columbus, Ohio

CINCI, CLEVELAND, buckeyes

32 Charlotte-Gastonia-Rock Hill, N.C.-S.C. .

NFL

33 Las Vegas, Nev.-Ariz.

????CARDS??????.

34 New Orleans, La...

NFL

35 Salt Lake City-Ogden, Utah

???? DENVER cards????????

36 Greensboro-Winston-Salem-High Point, N.C.

CAROLINA

37 Nashville, Tenn. ..

NFL

38 Buffalo-Niagra Falls, N.Y. 1.1 MILLION THE BILLS 5.5 +1.- + 1.1= ??

BILLS

39 Hartford, Conn.

GIANTS JETS

40 Austin-San Marcos, Texas .

COWBOYS, TEXANS

41 Memphis, Tenn.-Ark.-Miss. ..

CARDS, TITANS SAINTS

42 Rochester, N.Y. 1.0 MILLION....

THE BILLS..THE BILLS..THE BILLS..THE BILLS

43 Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, N.C

CAROLINA

44 Jacksonville, Fla. .

NFL

45 Grand Rapids-Muskegon-Holland, Mich..

LIONS

46 Oklahoma City, Okla.

COWBOYS, RAMS

47 West Palm Beach-Boca Raton, Fla

FISH, JAGS, BUCANEERS

48 Louisville, Ky.-Ind.

bENGALS, COLTS

49 Dayton-Springfield, Ohio

BROWNS, BENGALS BUCKEYES

50 Richmond-Petersburg, Va.

REDSKINS

There are only two places that scare me. One is the desert and the other is LA. A move to other places with sizable metro areas would really be impinging upon an established team. We're pretty safe because if you count Rochester and even A FIFTH of Toronto you get the Buffalo "metro area" up to 3.2 MILLION or so which is #13 in size. This beats the desert but not LA.

If by the desert you mean Vegas, I don't think the NFL would think about Vegas for even a split second. Vegas has always been hands off to all sports leagues, until the NBA all star game last year. Even then, do you remember all the violence and arrests that happened? All of Pacman's beef went down that weekend too.

Vegas would be way to much of a headache for any league, let alone owner, and I don't think a tough guy like Goodell would even give an idea like that the light of day.

That list is bubkus.

The Jags and Saints are most likely to move.

The Jags most loyal season ticket holder appears to be the tarp that covers all their unsold seats

The Saints are suffering from a loss of their fanbase as people evacuate New Orleans but don't return.

Speaking of New Orleans, I also saw that the NO Hornets are on their list. I'm no basketball fan, but didn't they just relocate from Charlotte? Speaking Charlotte, why is the expansion team (that the NBA gave them after the Hornets left) on the list?

Hockey in Phoenix and Nashville :unsure:

Maybe they can move to Seattle and tease the Sonics fans for a couple years before moving to their next city.