Who Picked Those Colors for the Titans in 1960???

VJ91

If I have to watch even just one more Jets highlight with them wearing those God-awful uniforms this season, I will get sick. I'm just hoping they don't wear those things for either Bills games this season.

Compare those to the Chargers throw backs from the same time period! Or our Bills colors from back then. What were they thinking in New York back then??? I understand the Steelers throw backs being ugly because they came out back in the 30's or 40's. Same with the Packers. But this was the best they could do in 1959-60 for a team from New York City?

They've worn them twice already (including both times I've seen the Jests play), so those unis are done w/o special exemption from the league.

For the life of me, tho, I don't get what they're trying to do with the whole NY Titans thing. They're not the Titans anymore --- and in fact, another team in the NFL is now called the Titans! There is a whole throwback thing going on now, mostly to sell more and different jerseys. For some teams, it has a purpose and their 'throwbacks' are actually (among fans) the preferred jerseys to their regular wear, as is the case with the Bills (tho, why the Bills refuse to change, I've written about elsewhere, namely that Ralph doesn't want to make any decisions for the next owner or spend $ on anything other than basic maintenance that a wholesale logo change would necessitate --- hence the reason the designers were forced to keep the charging buffalo).

Tangent aside, the Jets full-time unis are throwbacks themselves, so I guess their people feel the need to throw even further back. Still, this case is similar to if the NHL's Carolina team were to start calling itself the Whalers and wearing the blue and green. On its face, there just feels something wrong with it.

If I have to watch even just one more Jets highlight with them wearing those God-awful uniforms this season, I will get sick. I'm just hoping they don't wear those things for either Bills games this season.

Compare those to the Chargers throw backs from the same time period! Or our Bills colors from back then. What were they thinking in New York back then??? I understand the Steelers throw backs being ugly because they came out back in the 30's or 40's. Same with the Packers. But this was the best they could do in 1959-60 for a team from New York City?

I actually really like the old titan uniforms. each his own...

They were the "other" league.

In 1960, not too many people thought the AFL would last, so nobody really cared too much.

Our initial helmets, before the White with the Red Buffalo, were non-descript ugly and that original BILLS Logo is very High School looking.

I do miss the AFL Red/White Ref's shirts though!

Our initial helmets, before the White with the Red Buffalo, were non-descript ugly and that original BILLS Logo is very High School looking.

That was the silver helmet with blue jersey's and white pants, correct?

A little bit of trivia: They were an exact copy of the uniforms used by the original Bills in the 1940s.

I like the NY Titans jerseys. Helmet needs a logo though. All the Bills did in 1960 was wear the Lions colors because Ralph was a minority owner of the Lions at one point and is from the Detroit area. Their official colors were Silver and Honolulu Blue- exactly like the Lions. The Broncos bought some unis at a garage sale in 1960. There was nowhere near the marketing or merchandising back then like there is now. I don't think teams put much thought into their apperance. Whatever was cheapest. No logos on helmets, no names on the back of jerseys. Hit the bargain bin at Champion and let's play some ball.

I also do not like the NY Titans unis. I was also glad to see them worn twice already which means I won't see them again till next year.

My idea for a Jet alternate/throwback. Is to wear the old 80-90s uni with the Jets name on the side of the helmet. I kind of miss seeing the Bills smack around a team in that uniform.

I also do not like the NY Titans unis. I was also glad to see them worn twice already which means I won't see them again till next year.

My idea for a Jet alternate/throwback. Is to wear the old 80-90s uni with the Jets name on the side of the helmet. I kind of miss seeing the Bills smack around a team in that uniform.

I dunno, those games were always 16-9, and the outcome was a 50/50 proposition.

Now if the Jets'd bring back Richard Todd, I'd be all for it!

I only cought a few minutes of the game last night and may have missed the announcement. Were those the Browns throwback uni's- the player's # on the side of the helmet?

Also, if the Ravens ever sport throwbacks, do they wear the Browns or the Colts duds?

Thanks

yea, at first look I thought they drew #'s on the helmets with markers...man those helmets looked bad :(