So...

I think that this game is a VERY big hurdle for the Bills to jump over. They road a nice wave on that four game winning streak, but things have changed now. The Bills were abruptly brought down to earth in Arizona. This team has some serious flaws...weak and slow defensive ends, a center that's flat out bad in both run and pass blocking...those are the two biggies that I see. The other part of this hurdle is the psychological one. They'll be playing a team that's been a big player in the playoffs for a few seasons now who will not be intimidated playing in Buffalo. The Bills are the young upstart that now must "prove" to themselves and the rest of the league that they belong and that four game winning streak was not a fluke. That's a tall order for this team. I think that they can do it of course, but I do have some crepping doubts that they will in fact win the game. This is the tough part of the season and all I can do is hope they will be able to beat the Chargers. If they do this is going to be a HUGE season for the Bills.

Say what you will about Kelsay and Schobel, but neither of them are slow. In fact, when Schobel is healthy he is a speed rusher.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the Chargers blasted the Bills 48-10 a few years back in San Diego it was a terrible matchup. The Chargers were strongest with their offensive and defensive lines. At the time, the Bills were very vulnerable with both lines. Yes, the Bills roster has changed a lot with some talented young players. However, the Chargers lines are still dominant and match up very well against both the Bills lines. Arizona, who evidentally is a very solid team, exposed the Bills offensive line for what it is, mediocre (still). And the short passing attack of the Cardinals has to make Phillip Rivers even more confident. When the Chargers muscle their opponents their finesse (LT) soon takes over. And the Bills still have a so-so pass rush. I hope that I am wrong. I hope after having the time off the coaches script a great game plan. But I don't expect a victory for the Bills nor a close game.

Speaking of LT, that cut move last night night left me laughing. The poor defender was left crawling on the ground.

Speaking of Arizona, that may well be a playoff bound team that could also go to the Super Bowl. The Cards are very physical.

Imho, this game is HUGE! I just can't stress this enough.

First of all, I offer no apologies for the other wins. We beat 4 NFL teams, and one of them looked pretty decent yesterday. In other words, I don't give a flying f :thumbsup: k who we beat. We are what we are, which is a team with young, talented players. A healthy Stroud and an emerging Poz have given us some credibility on defense, and I am less worried about the offense than others seem to be (for obvious reasons).

With this out of the way, going 5-1 would absolutely change the picture for the Bills. The next 3 games are divisional contests. They could play 1-2 football, and still have a 6-3 record, which is not too shabby. Playing 2-1 would put us at a gaudy 7-2, and almost a lock for the playoffs, with a divisional title being a real possibility. This fails to even take into account some losses by other playoff contenders, which can be counted on.

People say every week that the coming game is the "game of the year." I try not to do that, but again, I view this particular footbll game as absolutely crucial. They are coming home, and they are coming off a bye. I don't want to hear excuses.

San Diego? They looked pretty good yesterday. They can also kiss my a$$. I should probably watch this game in a straight jacket.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a big game, sure. I think the Jets game will be bigger, regardless of what happens the next couple weeks.

When the Chargers blasted the Bills 48-10 a few years back in San Diego it was a terrible matchup. The Chargers were strongest with their offensive and defensive lines. At the time, the Bills were very vulnerable with both lines. Yes, the Bills roster has changed a lot with some talented young players. However, the Chargers lines are still dominant and match up very well against both the Bills lines.

More recently, the Bolts beat us at home 2 years ago 24-21 (December). I remember that game because we had a chance to win but in the fourth quarter their running game just wore the Bills out. The crowd was really pumped up, imploring the defense to get the much needed stop, but Ladainian Tomlinson just kept getting first downs. At one point, after a run he jumped up and cockily waved his arms, imploring the crowd to get louder. That really made my blood boil, but sadly, our D could not stop them.

I'm looking forward to some payback.

Go Bills

More recently, the Bolts beat us at home 2 years ago 24-21 (December). I remember that game because we had a chance to win but in the fourth quarter their running game just wore the Bills out. The crowd was really pumped up, imploring the defense to get the much needed stop, but Ladainian Tomlinson just kept getting first downs. At one point, after a run he jumped up and cockily waved his arms, imploring the crowd to get louder. That really made my blood boil, but sadly, our D could not stop them.

I'm looking forward to some payback.

Go Bills

Here's a bold prediction for you! If Trent and Roscoe play on Sunday we will win and it will be a convincing win, too.

Final score

Bills 31 Dolts 17 :thumbsup:

It's a big game, sure. I think the Jets game will be bigger, regardless of what happens the next couple weeks.

You are probably correct, but a win here would give us considerable breathing room in terms of being in the wild card race. Again, other teams with whom we are competing will surely lose.

Indy, Jax and Pitt have brutal schedules, and they play eachother. San Diego has some tough games ahead as well, and a Bills win would give them 4 losses to our 1.

I think we need to just kick their a$$!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Ladainian can't hear the crowd

Here's a photo of Ladainian Tomlinson after scoring his 4th qtr TD at Buffalo in their 24-21 win, December 06. I guess he's doing the "I can't hear you now" pose for our crowd. I hope he hears us loud and clear Sunday!

I was at that game and, to tell the truth, LT ran like a man among boys and seemed to get stronger as the day got longer. I was very impressed with him as the difference between him and other backs I'd seen recently was stark....this guy is for real.

It will be very interesting to see how our revamped front 7 and especially Stroud-POZ-Mitchell hold up over four quarters. The '06 Bills run D ran out of gas in the 4th on that day.

BTW - Was this the game we still shoulda won if Royal hadn't monster-stepped out of the back ofthe EZ? Or was that a few weks later vs. TN? Man, was that bad.....

alas, that was yet another painful loss to the titans.

That's right. It featured the Royal play, a 60 yard TD scramble from V. Young through the entire defense, and ended with us going for a TD (quasi - Hail Mary style) even though we were well within FG range and down by 1, except for the wind. Yeah, now I remember......

I'd breathe a little easier if I knew for sure McGee would also be playing, and at 100%.

Perhaps the most valid point, I've seen yet. Yes, they have LT. But, with his toe hurting, he's a little less outstanding. Certainly still good, but a little slower. So, I can see the Bills D containing their running game. But, wow, did you see Rivers throwing that ball? He looked good and they have some big receivers. How will our secondary stack up. They looked pretty well below average against the Cards. So, this could once again determine the game. Hopefully, they figure out how to get some pressure into Rivers' face so he can't step into those throws.

It seems like you can come up with an excuse as to why we beat the teams we've already beaten this season (Seattle - no WR's, Jax - No O-Line, Oak - No stability with a lame duck coach, STL - Winless and see Oak) but I really don't agree with much of that. Still, plenty of folks believe we've been the beneficiary of a soft schedule.

How about San Diego though? They are loaded with talent and just smacked the Patriots around with relative ease. Is this the game that makes you feel pretty damn good about the Bills if we win the game?

For me, I say yes.

But, that's a big if. Should be a great game, coming off the bye and at the Ralph.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't think a win is as important as not getting their asses handed to them.

They better tighten up the third down defense.

Bills 17

SD 14

I agree with those who say everything is in our favor this week. I love playing SD after they are coming off a big emotional home win. They have to travel far East, Bills had 2 weeks to prepare and get healthy, fans will be off the charts loud, Bills were embarrassed in their last game and want to come out physical. Actually, I will be very impressed with San Diego if they come into the Ralph and beat Buffalo this weekend.