So...

It seems like you can come up with an excuse as to why we beat the teams we've already beaten this season (Seattle - no WR's, Jax - No O-Line, Oak - No stability with a lame duck coach, STL - Winless and see Oak) but I really don't agree with much of that. Still, plenty of folks believe we've been the beneficiary of a soft schedule.

How about San Diego though? They are loaded with talent and just smacked the Patriots around with relative ease. Is this the game that makes you feel pretty damn good about the Bills if we win the game?

For me, I say yes.

But, that's a big if. Should be a great game, coming off the bye and at the Ralph.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll pray really hard tonight that Trent will be able to start and is healthy....We should beat SD...lots of things in our favor like the bye week, getting healthy, 2 week prep, being home....This is what we call a statement game

GO BILLS!

Trent will start - I saw him out the other night and he looked fine. No worries.

I don't see us playing a better team than the chargers this season. This would be a great game to win.

You're right about that. Maybe, maybe Denver?! But the rest of our schedule seems pretty manageable. But this league is crazy so I'm not taking anything for granted.

Dare I say, this is the game where we find out how good this team can be. The Chargers physicality alone scares me.

You're right about that. Maybe, maybe Denver?! But the rest of our schedule seems pretty manageable. But this league is crazy so I'm not taking anything for granted.

Dare I say, this is the game where we find out how good this team can be. The Chargers physicality alone scares me.

I watched the Broncos vs Jags today, and that was pretty physical. And if I am not mistaken, we beat jax in their own place. So, basically, the Chargers physicality does NOT scare me.

We are in our house. We should slap their west coast ass right back on to the plane....Nobody beats this team in Buffalo this year!

i hope it snows next Sunday around 11:00 and lasts about 5 hours.

I don't watch ESPN so they can say all they want.. :thumbsup: ESPN!!...But I have to believe if Buffalo wins, this will be a excuse...we just have to face the fact that with Buffalo's recent history, they really don't deserve any respect, yet...If they win the division and go to playoffs that will change...besides, everyone at ESPN, and quit frankly everyone that deals with sports media, have been so far up the Pats* ass's, they are confused on who to fallow this year...they are all detoxing from the "Brady" drug.

It seems like you can come up with an excuse as to why we beat the teams we've already beaten this season (Seattle - no WR's, Jax - No O-Line, Oak - No stability with a lame duck coach, STL - Winless and see Oak) but I really don't agree with much of that. Still, plenty of folks believe we've been the beneficiary of a soft schedule.

How about San Diego though? They are loaded with talent and just smacked the Patriots around with relative ease. Is this the game that makes you feel pretty damn good about the Bills if we win the game?

For me, I say yes.

But, that's a big if. Should be a great game, coming off the bye and at the Ralph.

GO BILLS!!!

This game looks like another loss. We can't run the ball for shat. And dropping back to pass will only injure another QB.

BTW, this game will be CBS "national" game if they televise the early game next week.

I don't watch ESPN so they can say all they want.. :thumbsup: ESPN!!...But I have to believe if Buffalo wins, this will be a excuse...we just have to face the fact that with Buffalo's recent history, they really don't deserve any respect, yet...If they win the division and go to playoffs that will change...besides, everyone at ESPN, and quit frankly everyone that deals with sports media, have been so far up the Pats* ass's, they are confused on who to fallow this year...they are all detoxing from the "Brady" drug.

I think you're right about that. The sports media is in a panic right now. If Favre wasn't in the NFL this season playing for the most coolest awesomest team ever they would probably shut down ESPN.

BTW, this game will be CBS "national" game if they televise the early game next week.

We get Gumbel/Dierdorf. We all know how much dear old Dan loves the Bills. Nantz and Sims are going to Green Bay:

http://www.sportsline.com/cbssports/story/11020753

I'll also say that as far as the Chargers go, their performance is exactly what I wanted to have happen. NE loses big, they're on an emotional high, and next week they go to London. Buffalo, having lost to the Cardinals big, will hopefully look like a pushover for them.

We get Gumbel/Dierdorf. We all know how much dear old Dan loves the Bills. Nantz and Sims are going to Green Bay:

http://www.sportsline.com/cbssports/story/11020753

I'll also say that as far as the Chargers go, their performance is exactly what I wanted to have happen. NE loses big, they're on an emotional high, and next week they go to London. Buffalo, having lost to the Cardinals big, will hopefully look like a pushover for them.

Same thoughts here. Plus from the little I've seen SD has been an uneven team this year. I think today was as good as they will ever be and nowhere near their nadir.

BTW: Saw Gumbel/Dierdorf and immediately thought of Dumbledorf!

This is the Bills biggest game of the week! Seriously though....these Chargers are gonna be tough. I definitely think we will find out a lot about where we stand as contenders. We can win, especially at home, but I don't think there would be shame in getting beat by SD's "A" game, as long as the Bills bring theirs, fight to the end, and .... F that!!!

Go Bills!! We're 4-1 at home coming off a bye.....let's kick their asses!!!

Trent will start - I saw him out the other night and he looked fine. No worries.

It's a concussion, not a bruise or cut that you can see is doing better. I wouldn't be surprised if they held him out as a precaution but if Trent plays, I think the Bills win.

Imho, this game is HUGE! I just can't stress this enough.

First of all, I offer no apologies for the other wins. We beat 4 NFL teams, and one of them looked pretty decent yesterday. In other words, I don't give a flying f :thumbsup: k who we beat. We are what we are, which is a team with young, talented players. A healthy Stroud and an emerging Poz have given us some credibility on defense, and I am less worried about the offense than others seem to be (for obvious reasons).

With this out of the way, going 5-1 would absolutely change the picture for the Bills. The next 3 games are divisional contests. They could play 1-2 football, and still have a 6-3 record, which is not too shabby. Playing 2-1 would put us at a gaudy 7-2, and almost a lock for the playoffs, with a divisional title being a real possibility. This fails to even take into account some losses by other playoff contenders, which can be counted on.

People say every week that the coming game is the "game of the year." I try not to do that, but again, I view this particular footbll game as absolutely crucial. They are coming home, and they are coming off a bye. I don't want to hear excuses.

San Diego? They looked pretty good yesterday. They can also kiss my a$$. I should probably watch this game in a straight jacket.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imho, this game is HUGE! I just can't stress this enough.

First of all, I offer no apologies for the other wins. We beat 4 NFL teams, and one of them looked pretty decent yesterday. In other words, I don't give a flying f :thumbsup: k who we beat. We are what we are, which is a team with young, talented players. A healthy Stroud and an emerging Poz have given us some credibility on defense, and I am less worried about the offense than others seem to be (for obvious reasons).

With this out of the way, going 5-1 would absolutely change the picture for the Bills. The next 3 games are divisional contests. They could play 1-2 football, and still have a 6-3 record, which is not too shabby. Playing 2-1 would put us at a gaudy 7-2, and almost a lock for the playoffs, with a divisional title being a real possibility. This fails to even take into account some losses by other playoff contenders, which can be counted on.

People say every week that the coming game is the "game of the year." I try not to do that, but again, I view this particular footbll game as absolutely crucial. They are coming home, and they are coming off a bye. I don't want to hear excuses.

San Diego? They looked pretty good yesterday. They can also kiss my a$$. I should probably watch this game in a straight jacket.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that this game is a VERY big hurdle for the Bills to jump over. They road a nice wave on that four game winning streak, but things have changed now. The Bills were abruptly brought down to earth in Arizona. This team has some serious flaws...weak and slow defensive ends, a center that's flat out bad in both run and pass blocking...those are the two biggies that I see. The other part of this hurdle is the psychological one. They'll be playing a team that's been a big player in the playoffs for a few seasons now who will not be intimidated playing in Buffalo. The Bills are the young upstart that now must "prove" to themselves and the rest of the league that they belong and that four game winning streak was not a fluke. That's a tall order for this team. I think that they can do it of course, but I do have some crepping doubts that they will in fact win the game. This is the tough part of the season and all I can do is hope they will be able to beat the Chargers. If they do this is going to be a HUGE season for the Bills.