Should Schoebel be traded or cut after the season?

LOL, I thought it was for another 4 games or it was bumped up to 8 for a second offence. I'm not sure either. I thought that he could come back sometime during this season. But I'm not 100% sure if his suspension kicks in once he signs with a team, or if it counts if he is not part of a team?

im trying to remember what happened with tank johnson when he signed with Dallas, it was a few weeks in and i feel like he started playing week 9 or 2 so maybe it doesnt matter if he has a job or not. I dont know tho.... sh-- this is gonna bug me all day

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hargrove was suspended for 1 year due to violating the substance abuse policy. Last year he missed the 1st 4 games because of that, and in the offseason he "Popped" again, which by NFL rules, mandates a 1 year suspension.

Yes, Schoebel is good against the run. But is that alone worthy of $7 million a year? He hasn't been able to get consistent pressure on the QB last year & this year. Yes, he had a break out year a few years ago when he had 14 sacks, but his production has slipped big time since then. I'm not saying replace him this second, but in the offseason.

Hargrove was suspended for 1 year due to violating the substance abuse policy. Last year he missed the 1st 4 games because of that, and in the offseason he "Popped" again, which by NFL rules, mandates a 1 year suspension.

Yes, Schoebel is good against the run. But is that alone worthy of $7 million a year? He hasn't been able to get consistent pressure on the QB last year & this year. Yes, he had a break out year a few years ago when he had 14 sacks, but his production has slipped big time since then. I'm not saying replace him this second, but in the offseason.

hmmm, I thought it was 4 games, then 8, then the season, but I guess its a 3 strikes policy (4 games, season, ban?) I'm probably confusing it with the league just suspending people for legal issues, not failed drug tests.

Be careful asking if the current players might be overpaid I brought the same subject up a couple weeks ago and was mostly dismissed as bashing Schoebel. Someone suggested we give him a fair chance and see how he plays against Gandy. Well I'm still waiting to be impressed.

I think all of our players are overpaid. I say cut the lot of them. Blow it up and start over! We lost a game.... aaaAAHHHHH!

*runs around room waving arms in air* Schobel sucks! Kelsay sucks!! Poz doesn't suck but only because he never shows for a game!!! aaaAAHHHHH!!!! *runs into wall*

I think all of our players are overpaid. I say cut the lot of them. Blow it up and start over! We lost a game.... aaaAAHHHHH!

*runs around room waving arms in air* Schobel sucks! Kelsay sucks!! Poz doesn't suck but only because he never shows for a game!!! aaaAAHHHHH!!!! *runs into wall*

There is much more to be alarmed with than losing a game. Perhaps you don't see the lack of production from our d-line as an issue. I do and our money d-end just got handled by a player we released.

There is much more to be alarmed with than losing a game. Perhaps you don't see the lack of production from our d-line as an issue. I do and our money d-end just got handled by a player we released.

*lifts head from floor* aaaAAHH!hhhh ahhh. ahh. *passes back out*

*lifts head from floor* aaaAAHH!hhhh ahhh. ahh. *passes back out*

:censored::wallbash::wallbash:

Linky

I thought he was consistently single teamed.

He was and he was dominated on a consistent basis. WOW he made two plays against the run awesome...HES PAID TO GET TO THE QB....he hasnt for two years now. i have never been a fan and wanted to let him walk years ago. He never beats anyone clean. Most all of his sacks are coverage sacks from his "high motor" We need a more athletic end plain and simple, someone to be BEAT a tackle. Bryan sucks, is he a special teams animal that he keeps ellis on the bench? Funny i dont see him making any plays to warrant a pass rushing end being scratched each week. Schobel sucks buffalo deal with it.

He was and he was dominated on a consistent basis. WOW he made two plays against the run awesome...HES PAID TO GET TO THE QB....he hasnt for two years now. i have never been a fan and wanted to let him walk years ago. He never beats anyone clean. Most all of his sacks are coverage sacks from his "high motor" We need a more athletic end plain and simple, someone to be BEAT a tackle. Bryan sucks, is he a special teams animal that he keeps ellis on the bench? Funny i dont see him making any plays to warrant a pass rushing end being scratched each week. Schobel sucks buffalo deal with it.

Dead On

I doubt anybody would trade much for him. We need a huge upgrade at DE. I've harped on this for years: the trifecta of Schobel, Kelsey and Denney = FAIL.

Yeah most of us could see this problem coming. The Bills invested huge amounts of money into average linemen on BOTH offense and defense. We could see the problem that this would pose. Its a brick wall between the Bills and a chance for a championship. We got very fortunate to get TE at QB. We have plenty of offensive weapons exc at Tight End. We have good LBs and talented young DBS and good special teams. BUT our lines aren't gonna let us progress very far.And we may be stuck..unless we make some radical moves and we get lucky quickly.--Its too bad cuz Schobel is a good guy who plays his heart out.