The Bye Week Couldn't Have Come At A Better Time

Steely Dan

TE's concussion, Ko's hamstring, McGee's knee and other minor bumps and bruises should be much better by the SD game.

Let's hope!!

The Season Aint Over Folks. Nobody really believed it would be a 19-0 season, did they? Like I said before this game, Arizona was embarrassed by the Jets last week and since they were at home this week it would be a very hard game for Buffalo. Teams that are humiliated one week come out to kill the next look for a very tough Buffalo team against the Chargers.

They WILL circle the wagons.

TE's concussion, Ko's hamstring, McGee's knee and other minor bumps and bruises should be much better by the SD game.

Let's hope!!

The Season Aint Over Folks. Nobody really believed it would be a 19-0 season, did they? Like I said before this game, Arizona was embarrassed by the Jets last week and since they were at home this week it would be a very hard game for Buffalo. Teams that are humiliated one week come out to kill the next look for a very tough Buffalo team against the Chargers.

Good thoughts...I think the game after the bye will be very, very telling of the type of team Buffalo is going to be.

Not only does it give the players two weeks to heal up, but it gives them two weeks with that sour taste in their mouths. Look for them to come out in front of the home crowd pissed off and charged up against SD. I think we win that game.

The thing is that they should have came out charged up for this game. They went in knowing that they needed to work on starting strong. Knowing that they had a shot at 5-0. And this was clearly their worst performance of the season in all three phases of the game. Not good.

The thing is that they should have came out charged up for this game. They went in knowing that they needed to work on starting strong. Knowing that they had a shot at 5-0. And this was clearly their worst performance of the season in all three phases of the game. Not good.

:thumbsup: happens. Oh, well.

The mental aspect of the game is often overlooked. Put yourself in the game as a Bills player after Edwards went down. Despite being professionals, they were probably rocked. No way do the Bills fumble two plays later with TE in there. And who knows what J "whatever" L's impact on the team was. I'm sure he wanted to win, but being that unprepared costs you (again, a mental aspect).

Let's hope!!

Great post. As much as this game sucked, they are still 4-1. I'm sure we all would have taken that if given the option before the season. Everyone should be healthy and we'll be playing against a SD team that just lost at home in front of 70,000 fans that have been drinking for 2 weeks. No one we're losing.*

*As long as Robert Royal and Copeland Bryan don't play. :thumbsup:

The mental aspect of the game is often overlooked. Put yourself in the game as a Bills player after Edwards went down. Despite being professionals, they were probably rocked. No way do the Bills fumble two plays later with TE in there. And who knows what J "whatever" L's impact on the team was. I'm sure he wanted to win, but being that unprepared costs you (again, a mental aspect).

I think TE's ability to stay unfazed by a lead or a deficit makes the whole team more relaxed and more focused.

It is a very good time for the bye week indeed.

Let's pray that Edwards concussion was not severe and that he is back in there for San Diego. What I fear a little is that once other teams see that a QB might be vulnerable to concussions, maybe they start going for the hard hits more than they would otherwise.

Any idea how long QB's are typically out for a concussion?

It is a very good time for the bye week indeed.

Let's pray that Edwards concussion was not severe and that he is back in there for San Diego. What I fear a little is that once other teams see that a QB might be vulnerable to concussions, maybe they start going for the hard hits more than they would otherwise.

Any idea how long QB's are typically out for a concussion?

I believe that most guys come back within a week unless it's very serious and they have a history of concussions. If it wasn't the Bills bye week he might not have played this weekend. I'd be surprised if he doesn't play against SD.

cheer up folks -- 4 & 1 at the bye is way ahead of expectations. bills were in for a letdown with their 2nd road game in a row. also the loss of roscoe, mcgee and edwards really hurt us but most if not all should be back after the bye. put together another 4 game win streak starting w/ bolts in 2 weeks, and we also beat jets, pats and fins. at 8 & 1 and with head to head advantage over each team in division we are sitting very pretty. anyone who saw titans today knows they won't go undefeated so let's just appreciate where we are and what opportuninty lies ahead.

Let's hope!!

If we're going to lose a game, an out-of-conference game is the one to lose.

PTR