Peters now #1 priority..

Tcali

Peters should fire his current agent and hire Evan's agent. He should then not say a peep until the season is over.

Do you think there is any reason to believe he is still injured and this is why his play is so poor? Do you want to sign someone like this?

I'm no doctor...but I don't think he's hurt. Not in the best of shape? Yes. Doesn't have the nuances of Turks offense down yet? Yes.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peters should fire his current agent and hire Evan's agent. He should then not say a peep until the season is over.

Do you think there is any reason to believe he is still injured and this is why his play is so poor? Do you want to sign someone like this?

More likely he is still working his way into football shape. Plus, as has been noted many times, Jason isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He is still probably learning the new wrinkles in the offense. He has made some absolutely spectacular blocks, so I doubt he is injured, or if he is, that it is too severe.

More likely he is still working his way into football shape. Plus, as has been noted many times, Jason isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He is still probably learning the new wrinkles in the offense. He has made some absolutely spectacular blocks, so I doubt he is injured, or if he is, that it is too severe.

but i thought it was supposed to be as simple as Dockery telling him what to do at the line?!?!

You aren't totally wrong, even though you try to be. As the LT, Peters is one of the most important players on the team. When performing at Pro Bowl level, he is also one of the best players on the team. Right now, due to a poor business strategy, he is behind the curve, and is playing below his usual level. If he doesn't improve, and return to his previous level of play, he shouldn't get any more $ from the Bills.

A more likely scenario, IMO, is his play will improve and he will, once again, become one of the Bills' best and most important players. When that happens, the Bills are likely to pay him, accordingly.

A real Bills fan should be happy about that, if and when it happens.

And I will be - if and when it happens. I'm just amused at how well the Bills have done without 'PayMe' playing at his former level, and how easily they were able to adjust and compensate for his absence, given the number of 'Chicken Littles' screaming, "THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!" unless we cave in to the misguided Peters and his jerk of an agent.

In fact, if one were to dig through the archives of TSW, I think one would find a plethora of posts from "The Senator" singing the praises of Jason Peters. One bad business decision later, The Senator now dubs him "a bum" (my interpretation of The Sen's characterizations). Interesting, no?

Interesting, yes! Go ahead and try - you won't find one.

And I will be - if and when it happens. I'm just amused at how well the Bills have done without 'PayMe' playing at his former level, and how easily they were able to adjust and compensate for his absence, given the number of 'Chicken Littles' screaming, "THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!" unless we cave in to the misguided Peters and his jerk of an agent.

Interesting, yes! Go ahead and try - you won't find one.

What games did Peters miss where the Bills compensated, other than against Seattle?

I'm not the master archive searcher. I suspect Lori and/or Simon can come up with something, though.

You aren't totally wrong, even though you try to be. As the LT, Peters is one of the most important players on the team. When performing at Pro Bowl level, he is also one of the best players on the team. Right now, due to a poor business strategy, he is behind the curve, and is playing below his usual level. If he doesn't improve, and return to his previous level of play, he shouldn't get any more $ from the Bills.

A more likely scenario, IMO, is his play will improve and he will, once again, become one of the Bills' best and most important players. When that happens, the Bills are likely to pay him, accordingly.

A real Bills fan should be happy about that, if and when it happens.

In fact, if one were to dig through the archives of TSW, I think one would find a plethora of posts from "The Senator" singing the praises of Jason Peters. One bad business decision later, The Senator now dubs him "a bum" (my interpretation of The Sen's characterizations). Interesting, no?

And right now, playing at a below Pro Bowl level and actually costing the Bills on some plays (sacks leading to fumbles, costly penalties, etc.) the Bills are 4-0 and atop the AFC East. Maybe we overvalue the importance of having a Pro Bowl LT because Bill has been telling us it is so essential? Maybe you just need a good one with other good players along the rest of the line to be a good team?

What games did Peters miss where the Bills compensated, other than against Seattle?

I'm not the master archive searcher. I suspect Lori and/or Simon can come up with something, though.

Actually, I think 'ProBowl' Peters has missed every game - there is some big fat guy out there wearing his number, though.

:lol:

Yes Peters has had some bad plays, one leading to a sack and fumble, but I'd take Dick Jauron and the Buffalo Bills coaching staffs word that they are impressed by his play. He has made some mistakes, but in Dick Jaurons post game conference he said he was "amazed" at how well Peters has played after missing all that time. We all sh-- on the bad plays but he hasn't been horrible at all. I clearly remember him paving the way for Marshawn to get a TD in the Oakland game

What do the coaches know?

There was some talk that broke the stalemate that got him to come in and I think Peters said something along the lines of taking Brandon at his word so whatever promises were made, I think they will be kept by both sides. Hopefully, Peters will be around for his haters to hate for a good long time when all is said and done.

There is a bozo on the line but it isn't Peters.

Next priority should be Jauron.

I'd have to agree - then Jackson, Greer, et al. Peters is locked up for two more years, if we want to keep him. Now that we've seen how so-so he is, and how easily replaced, I'd probably be more worried about also locking up Edwards, Posluszny, Whitner, and a half dozen others before even giving a thought to Peters. If he wants to hold out again, put him on the DNR/PUP list and leave him there. If he doesn't like that, just say to him, "Hey, Jason, that's the only way we could draw attention to the problem and get you to notice it!" :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :unsure:

Don't you mean 2 sacks that led to fumbles? Getting blown out of position on plays, and allowing pressure from his side constantly?

Some mistakes? The guy looks average at best and Chambers looks better, not because of talent, but because of effort and stamina. You are giving Peters credit based on a pro-bowl appearance, and you haven't been studying his play. I have and he's a joke right now. He's actually below average right now.

Lee did it the right way. Peters poor play is reflecting his poor decision. Hes laying like a bum. Our O-line is struggling. We have one of the best RB's in the league and one of the heaviest lines. If marshawn didnt have to make his own holes on the majority of his runs he'd be crushing it right now. If our O-line gets it together we will be unstoppable with Marshawn and Freddie.

He will get a monster contract - there is not a team in the league that would turn him away. The coaches and his teamates keep covering for him so it will happen regardless of his current slip in performance. :lol:

Lucky for us then , since we got him locked up for the next two years at $3M/per. :beer:

GO BILLSSS!!!

He will get a monster contract - there is not a team in the league that would turn him away. The coaches and his teamates keep covering for him so it will happen regardless of his current slip in performance. :lol:

We got him for 3 more years. And he better play well if he wants that monster contract. We(myself and the other Bills owners) hold all the cards.

Let him get back to form..then play a dominant pro bowl type season in '09. THEN maybe we renegotiate a whole year early after next season.

Gee he makes 3.5 million per.....booohoo a tragedy.

I'm not sure how his agent convinced him he had shown enough to be paid as one of the leagues top linemen. I think JP watched to many clips of other front offices talking about how good and dominant he is. His agent gave him horrible advice in hope of fattening his bank account.

Before anyone slams me for hating on Peters let me say I think he can be dominant, heck I think he can be the best tackle in the game. Thing is he didnt have enough experience to skip camp and preseason remember this guy is still an infant as far as O line play is concerned. This mistake should cost him and we would have been fools to pay him without seeing his condition and ability to pick up where he left off coming off of an injury.

I'd say if Peters should be upset with anyone it should be himself for getting too full of himself and his agent for trying to use him to fatten his wallet. If I were Peters I would fire the loser and try to get as many players as I could to drop him as well.

As far as the pay he needs to show that pro bowl level at all times as well as show the team that he really screwed up and is sorry for disrespecting the team that took a chance on him.

I'd have to agree - then Jackson, Greer, et al. Peters is locked up for two more years, if we want to keep him. Now that we've seen how so-so he is, and how easily replaced, I'd probably be more worried about also locking up Edwards, Posluszny, Whitner, and a half dozen others before even giving a thought to Peters. If he wants to hold out again, put him on the DNR/PUP list and leave him there. If he doesn't like that, just say to him, "Hey, Jason, that's the only way we could draw attention to the problem and get you to notice it!" :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

What? He started a week after reporting...that's how HARD he is to replace. He missed ONE game. He is not very easily replaced on this line, or on this team. That's the problem. If he was, he wouldn't be playing.

What? He started a week after reporting...that's how HARD he is to replace. He missed ONE game. He is not very easily replaced on this line, or on this team. That's the problem. If he was, he wouldn't be playing.

interesting logic....I'm convinced. Pay him 9,000,000 per year for the next 6 yrs but make sure only 50 million is guaranteed.

Another way to think of it, perhaps, is that he's somewheres around June (?). July? August? Certainly not October. I'm not defending the fact that he pulled a bonehead move - he should be speed-dialing another agent. THAT move certainly backfired. But here we are, right? The guy didn't get into playing shape when the rest of the team did, and he's now an albatross.

Hang in there. He'll be crushing people by the Jets/Pats* series.

But you can kiss that contract good bye, Jason. You've been a naughty, naughty boy.