Lee Evans locked up long-term

silvermike

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee Evans has had 4 different QB's in 5 years with poor offensive talent surrounding him. I am amazed he did anything at all. Lee Evans finally has coaching and Talent around him. He is off to the fastest start in his career. He only has 1 TD this year but that's Marshawn's fault. He keeps stealing Lee's TD's with long runs inside the 20.

Lee's 2 point conversion proves he is a weapon in the Red Zone.

Tim Graham weighs in: Evans third-richest WR? Believe it

The Buffalo Bills have made Lee Evans the third-highest-paid receiver in the NFL.

How could this happen? Evans has never been to a Pro Bowl. He has covered 850 or more yards only once in his four NFL seasons. Last year, he tied for 45th in receptions and 32nd in yardage.

So the Bills on Thursday awarded him with a four-year extension worth $37.25 million, putting him behind only obvious superstars Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Smith -- five Pro Bowls and three 100-catch seasons between them -- on the salary leaderboard.

And Evans is worth every penny. He is that good.

Good opinion further down, too:

The Evans deal sends a reassuring message to the rest of the team that if you go about your business professionally, you will be rewarded. Evans went to the Bills last year about extending his contract.

Although a deal hadn't been struck by the time training camp opened, he reported anyway. He practiced hard. Talks continued.

Imagine where Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters would be had he not held out. Maybe he would have a new deal, too. Peters has made no progress toward a new deal and still is trying to cast a shadow of the dominating presence he did last year.

Evans went about his business the proper way, and the Bills gave him a proper contract.

great read.

even a shot a travis henry in there...not sure about kicking a man when he's down, on the ground with a DEA agents knee in his face

good article though.

Jason Peters wants a same deal as Evan with all $38.25 mils guarantee

Don't worry everybody, in probably less than a year Lee Evans contract will be lucky to even be in the top 10 WR for yearly salary. It's just how it is these days...... Me, I'm all f**kin for it right now! :sick: I've been hoping this was gonna happen sooner rather than later for a while now. On a side note, now I can finally get rid of that damn McGahee jersey and get #83!!!! :sick::sick:

This is AWESOME! I don't understand the people who question and/or criticize this move.

1. Skill matters to a degree. Stats matter the most. Look at Lee Evans stats with Drew Bledsoe, Kelly Holcomb and J.P. Losman as his Quarterbacks (I'm sure there was another scum or 2 in there). Not only did he play with crappy QBs, but besides a short stint with an "End-Of-My-Prime" Eric Moulds next to him, he has not had even a DECENT #2 opposite him.

- Comparing Lee Evans to Larry Fitzgerald is silly. Fitzgerald has played with Pro-Bowler Aquan Boldin lined up across from him. He has been playing in offenses that just winged the ball around, because they had Kurt Warner who can actually throw the ball (kind of). Not to mention, Fitzgerald has quite a height advantage. Just go look at their stats.

2. This signing provides Trent Edwards with 3 of his Top-4 WRs (not sure how long Josh Reed is on board). Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish and James Hardy are all signed through the next 3 years (I think). Most importantly, Trent will have his Top Target (#1 WR) for the next 4 years. That is big.

3. If we waited too long, or let him go...he would have gotten paid more money, that we could not have afforded to give HIM. We would have also had to go out and find another Top/#1 WR, which would have ended up costing us a lot of money. Why not reward him for what he has accomplished? Keep him in the fold to help Trent and James Hardy.

4. Leadership is hard to find. Plain and simple.

Bottom line is that Lee Evans is a good "Character" to keep around this Franchise. He provides Veteran leadership that is hard to find, and he puts up his numbers and goes about his business in a Professional manner.

"KUDOS" to the Buffalo Bills Front Office!!! :sick:

*(I can't find individual players' salaries and years signed.)

Some people will find a way. Blind hatred and all that, you know...

You mean the idiot mantra: "The treadmill to nowhere keeps running" :sick:

great read.

even a shot a travis henry in there...not sure about kicking a man when he's down, on the ground with a DEA agents knee in his face

good article though.

Why not? :sick:

Best part of that article:

And Evans is worth every penny. He is that good.

Good to hear they got the deal done...

I think this is just another indication that shows how much Peter King really knows.. Not sure if any of you caught him on GR today but the guy really gave the impression that the Bills wanted to see what Hardy had to offer before inking Evans to a big time deal.. And he also seemed to think that if Lee wanted to make 9 million a year he was going to have to go to Dallas or something like that... :sick:

nice job OBD..

What...you mean Peter King, in his efforts to appear as though he knows everything about all 32 teams in the NFL, was WRONG?

Perish the thought.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6710

No word on years or dollars, but it's "multi-year"

UPDATE:

4 years, $37M, $18M in guarantees. He'll be a Bill through the 2012 season, meaning we'll have a 32-year-old WR on our hands when we decide if we want to keep him around even longer.

Look for the Bills to draft a WR in the first round of the 2011 draft.

I like evans, but holy crap was this a stupid move. I would have waited and signed bolden in the offseason for the same money. Evans isnt even close to Anquan.

Again, I like evans, but he shouldnt get top 5 money. I can think of several receivers who i'd rather have/be willing to pay over evans:

1. Chad Johnson

2. TJ

3. TO

4. Randy Moss

5. Fitzgerald

6. Anquan bolden

7. Steve Smith

8. Jennings

9. Marquis Colston

10. Brandon Marshall (beast)

11. Burris

12. Braylan edwards

13. Santana Moss

14. Reggie Wayne

15. Andre Johnson

16. Bowe

17. Roy Williams

Evans is a #1, but not a top 5 #1. Frivilous spending. Is George Bush running the BILLS?

Guest dog14787
I like evans, but holy crap was this a stupid move. I would have waited and signed bolden in the offseason for the same money. Evans isnt even close to Anquan.

Again, I like evans, but he shouldnt get top 5 money. I can think of several receivers who i'd rather have/be willing to pay over evans:

1. Chad Johnson

2. TJ

3. TO

4. Randy Moss

5. Fitzgerald

6. Anquan bolden

7. Steve Smith

8. Jennings

9. Marquis Colston

10. Brandon Marshall (beast)

11. Burris

12. Braylan edwards

13. Santana Moss

14. Reggie Wayne

15. Andre Johnson

16. Bowe

17. Roy Williams

Evans is a #1, but not a top 5 #1. Frivilous spending. Is George Bush running the BILLS?

Ya, and as always, what you call frivilous spending, George Busch calls vital to our National Security. :sick:

Tremendous news.

And I totally agree with Graham on the Peters point. He'd have gotten his payday if he just showed up to camp and backed up his mouth with a solid work ethic. Instead he's gotten nothing, and likely won't get anything in the near future unless he puts up a string of stellar performances.

I thank the lord every day that Tom Donahoe isn't at OBD anymore.

1. Chad Johnson

That's all the further I needed to read. This isn't fantasy football, and this isn't 2005.