Ch 4 may get dropped from Time Warner?

Beerball

Yes, you do have a choice. There's a 90% chance that the trees actually will NOT interfere with your signal at all. The dish points UP, even though it doesn't look it. As an example, Nervous Guy said the same thing before -- "Trees, can't do it." Installer came out and said, "Trees, can't do it." I convinced him to get a second opinion from a real installer. He came out, installed it, everything's worked ever since (last I heard).

I have a neighbor who actually has the dish pointing directly at the roof (or so it looks) -- but they obviously get a signal. I keep meaning to take a picture and post it here.

And an antenna is a choice -- just one that you're not willing to do. As Rush says, "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." :lol:

I think I am going to buy an antenna. I will have my fiance mess with it.

I had DirecTV before and I found their customer service to be wonderful, however we would lose the signal during rainstorms and we had to knock snow off of it once in awhile. We have huge pine trees - I guess it is worth having them take a look... after my wedding.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know why this is not an issue in Rochester? Did they pay up, or did they just not get tagged yet?

I don't know the facts, of all the markets, but WROC isn't owned by Lin (the company that owns WIVB, in Buffalo). Last I knew they were owned by Nexstar (out of Texas).

I would also assume their carriage agreement with the local cable companies is not up for renewal.

I don't know the facts, of all the markets, but WROC isn't owned by Lin (the company that owns WIVB, in Buffalo). Last I knew they were owned by Nexstar (out of Texas).

I would also assume their carriage agreement with the local cable companies is not up for renewal.

Thanks, The Dean!

I had DirecTV before and I found their customer service to be wonderful, however we would lose the signal during rainstorms and we had to knock snow off of it once in awhile. We have huge pine trees - I guess it is worth having them take a look... after my wedding.

The thing to confirm is that you have at least a 90 (if not 95-98) signal strength during GOOD WEATHER on most of the transponders. That'll help prevent rain fade. Yes, you'll still lose signal for a couple of minutes during a torrential downpour, but you shouldn't lose it during most rain storms.

I've only had trouble with snow once (and DirecTV gave me $200 for my trouble) -- and with the new dish, I don't think it'll ever be a problem (it's mounted much higher and isn't as curved from the looks of it).

They have 9 hours or so to go. I'd be amazed if they don't reach a last minute deal.

We are facing the same scenario with the NBC affiliate here in Austin. I heard somone from KXAN (NBC-Austin) and a rep from Time Warner "debating" this whole issue on the radio this morning. From what I gather, there are 40 something cases like this going on across the country. Not all with Time Warner. On principle, I don't think that Time Warner is wrong in their postion...but, as a consumer, who doesn't have any real viable choice other than Time Warner, it pisses me off that it would come to this. BTW, a "last minute deal" from what I heard, is not a given. There have been recent cases like this, according to the two representitives, where a market has gone without one of their major network affiliates, for a year or two.

We are facing the same scenario with the NBC affiliate here in Austin. I heard somone from KXAN (NBC-Austin) and a rep from Time Warner "debating" this whole issue on the radio this morning. From what I gather, there are 40 something cases like this going on across the country. Not all with Time Warner. On principle, I don't think that Time Warner is wrong in their postion...but, as a consumer, who doesn't have any real viable choice other than Time Warner, it pisses me off that it would come to this. BTW, a "last minute deal" from what I heard, is not a given. There have been recent cases like this, according to the two representitives, where a market has gone without one of their major network affiliates, for a year or two.

Time Warner has done absolutly nothing for its customers in the Buffalo area.Thank God i switched to Directv years ago when Adelphia was the cooking there books :lol:

And i will say i think if the bills game isnt aired this weekend there shall be riots in the streets this is F*CKING Rediculous, thy said they are all out of antaenas and will have more next weekend.

And i will say i think if the bills game isnt aired this weekend there shall be riots in the streets this is F*CKING Rediculous, thy said they are all out of antaenas and will have more next weekend.

Forget TW. DirectTV is cheaper, and has more channels in HD, and the Sunday Ticket.

Forget TW. DirectTV is cheaper, and has more channels in HD, and the Sunday Ticket.

My grandfather tried both DirecTV and Dish but neither company could get a proper installation with signal. Too much interference from the trees, I guess.

Too much interference from the trees, I guess.

"There is unrest in the forest,

There is trouble with the trees,

For the maples want more sunlight

And the oaks ignore their pleas.

The trouble with the maples,

(And they're quite convinced they're right)

They say the oaks are just too lofty

And they grab up all the light.

But the oaks can't help their feelings

If they like the way they're made.

And they wonder why the maples

Can't be happy in their shade.

There is trouble in the forest,

And the creatures all have fled,

As the maples scream "Oppression!"

And the oaks just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union

And demanded equal rights.