Hamdan / Edwards article on front page

I really don't give a sh-- about JP anymore as he will be gone next season, but whenever there is a sideline shot of Edwards talking to the coaches or looking at game photos of earlier plays, I'm somewhat curious to see if JP is around. I'm still waiting. :worthy:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to rain on the JP-hate parade, but its fairly common for the 3rd QB to almost act as a coach, and do a lot of in-game analysis, getting the polaroids, breaking down what the D did on a given play and helping the starter out with alternative options of what to do on a given play.

But, go ahead and continue on about how JP is sulking on the bench or on the phone with jeff gillooly trying to set up a deal where he kerrigans trents knee.

“Everybody has to have that guy,” said Van Pelt. “That was part of the role that I played here for a long time here as a backup. You have to just be there for your guy. It’s not just helping him study. It’s helping him see things on the field. It’s knowing him well enough to calm him down when he’s excited, and get him going when he’s not playing well. It’s a huge role at that position and he’s done a great job.”

That was when AVP was a 2nd stringer.

Let's face it - if JP wanted to stay late and help at these meetings he would - but he doesn't. There is a big difference between 'being respectful' and 'keeping your mouth shut' and actually doing everything you can contribute to a team's success. After reading that article my feeling is that Hamdan is a hell of a lot more important to the team's current success than JP is.

That was when AVP was a 2nd stringer.

Let's face it - if JP wanted to stay late and help at these meetings he would - but he doesn't. There is a big difference between 'being respectful' and 'keeping your mouth shut' and actually doing everything you can contribute to a team's success. After reading that article my feeling is that Hamdan is a hell of a lot more important to the team's current success than JP is.

Just because he isnt mentioned in the article doesnt mean he isnt there. Stop speculating and assuming things you cant back up

Two points:

1) Hamdan is one smart dude--he's basically positioned himself to be the #2 here as long as TE is the starter. It'll probably even segway into an AVP-type coaching career.

2) Anyone think Edwards + Hamdan = Super-Chroise?? JP doesn't stick around in meetings because he'll die from the dangerous levels of poise and chroise in that film room. :worthy:

Just because he isnt mentioned in the article doesnt mean he isnt there. Stop speculating and assuming things you cant back up

Actually, Edwards DOES say it's just him and Hamdan -

"We’ll meet as a quarterback group until 4:30, but he and I will stay until 6:30 or 7 watching film, going over the game plan, going over our third down calls, going over our quick passing game. And when we’re sitting there trying to decipher subtle differences between coverages we’ll quiz each other and studying those looks during the week is really helping me in the games.”

the only "quarterback group" I can think of would be Edwards, Losman and Hamdan. "he and I" is Edwards and Hamdan. So it does say Losman is not there.

I have always liked JP, but it does bother me that he is one play from getting on the field and he is not preparing for it. It's not Hobert-esque, necessarily, but those are the things ALL the quarterbacks should be doing, not just Edwards and Hamdan. And this idea that if he gets in he will have a chip on his shoulder ... that's not going to help him if the defense throws some look at him he's not expecting.

It's a tough spot for J.P., I know it is, but we can't pretend it might not hurt the team just because we like the guy.

"We’ll meet as a quarterback group until 4:30, but he and I will stay until 6:30 or 7 watching film, going over the game plan, going over our third down calls, going over our quick passing game. And when we’re sitting there trying to decipher subtle differences between coverages we’ll quiz each other and studying those looks during the week is really helping me in the games.”

the only "quarterback group" I can think of would be Edwards, Losman and Hamdan. "he and I" is Edwards and Hamdan. So it does say Losman is not there.

I have always liked JP, but it does bother me that he is one play from getting on the field and he is not preparing for it. It's not Hobert-esque, necessarily, but those are the things ALL the quarterbacks should be doing, not just Edwards and Hamdan. And this idea that if he gets in he will have a chip on his shoulder ... that's not going to help him if the defense throws some look at him he's not expecting.

It's a tough spot for J.P., I know it is, but we can't pretend it might not hurt the team just because we like the guy.

Ok i guess i missed that

But since JP is stupid and cant read a defense anyway it shouldnt matter right?

Ok i guess i missed that

But since JP is stupid and cant read a defense anyway it shouldnt matter right?

Hey, don't lump me in with that group ... I've always supported the guy, but his circumstances have changed ... doesn't mean he shouldn't prepare as if he is going to play. Not saying it's easy, but it's part of the deal.

"We'll meet as a quarterback group until 4:30, but he and I will stay until 6:30 or 7 watching film, going over the game plan, going over our third down calls, going over our quick passing game. And when we're sitting there trying to decipher subtle differences between coverages we'll quiz each other and studying those looks during the week is really helping me in the games."

Maybe JP's studying for the first 3 quarters of the games? :worthy:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6709

Good article on the working relationship between Hadman and Edwards. Strange though that JP gets no mention whatsoever. Anybody else a little worried about the lack of involvement from our #2 QB?

Probably, but not me.

I was among his biggest critics - and also among the first posters to call for Trent to start over him. That said, I have no problem with JP. He, by all accounts, is a stand up guy. He poured his heart into the community and had it yanked out by being benched. His response was to ask for a trade - once.

Since that time, you haven't heard him complain or try to divide the locker room. He's handled a very difficult and likely humiliating situation very professionally, and I'm of the opinion he should be appreciated for doing so.

Probably, but not me.

I was among his biggest critics - and also among the first posters to call for Trent to start over him. That said, I have no problem with JP. He, by all accounts, is a stand up guy. He poured his heart into the community and had it yanked out by being benched. His response was to ask for a trade - once.

Since that time, you haven't heard him complain or try to divide the locker room. He's handled a very difficult and likely humiliating situation very professionally, and I'm of the opinion he should be appreciated for doing so.

The one thing that aggravates me is that people still talk how Losman was served some kind of grave injustice last year by being benched. Can everybody at least agree that DJ made the right call benching Losman after the Jacksonville game & by doing so giving Edwards some very valuable playing time.

As far as him not being prepared or knowing where his head is at; who knows. Noone is with the bills during the practice week. It is all speculation at this point based on his body language on the sidelines. My hope is his head is in the game because my guess is we are going to need him sometime during the year. Until then it is anybody's guess how prepared he is.

& BTW, does anybody really want Losman to be giving Edwards advice on reading defenses & how to become a better QB anyways??? :worthy:

Sorry I could not resist.

Probably, but not me.

I appreciate all those things too ... I bought a Losman jersey when be bought that house and started working to clean up the city.

But I'd feel better if he was preparing to play as much as he can, because odds are he is going to be forced into action, be it for a series or a game or a month. If he isn't ready to play, they could be a united locker room with a stand-up guy at backup quarterback whom everyone likes ... and they could be watching some other team in the playoffs. That's all I'm saying ...

I have not seen JP sulking. I have seen him giving some congrats to players when they make big plays. BUT, I do notice he does not seem to be around Trent like Hamdan is. In one game there was a shot of all three of them together, but I only saw that once.

I do wish JP success where ever he ends up. But, I am SOLD on Trent, and I think it is clear now the coaces made the right decision.

GO BILLS!

Hey, don't lump me in with that group ... I've always supported the guy, but his circumstances have changed ... doesn't mean he shouldn't prepare as if he is going to play. Not saying it's easy, but it's part of the deal.

I wasnt trying to lump you specifically into that group just pointing out what other posters say about him.... so why should we give a damn if hes not in those extra meetings.... its prolly better for Trent right?

I'm not saying anybody is, but please don't lump me in the "I dont like JP" group either....I support whoever this team puts on the field...do I like TE better than JP?..yes but if JP had to go out and play Id support him just as much...and if you look at what I wrote I didn't criticize JP or say that hes a lump of sh--(not that anybody said I did )...I also did not say JP is sulking..all I said was JP and Trent don't seem to be seen around each-other very much and that respect is totally different than likeing...and that according to the article, TE and Hamdan seem to be more of a #1 & #2 qb group than TE and JP are..outside that article and what we as fans can see durring air time we'll never know how TE and JP interact.

I prefer the Swingline. :worthy:

He invited me to the house for me to pick him up, so we went to the house for a little bit and there he was, with his tight little shorts, no shirt, with his little red stapler, and he was doing some farming or something because he was covered in dirt. It was awesome, man." - J.P. Losman talking about his visit with Brett Favre.