McGee OUT for Cardinals game

Lori

Bills CB McGee out Sunday versus Cardinals

September 29, 2008 6:41 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

A sprained left knee will keep Buffalo Bills cornerback and kick returner Terrence McGee out of Sunday's road game against the Arizona Cardinals, an NFL source with knowledge of the injury has informed ESPN.com.

The impact of McGee's injury will be lessened by Buffalo's bye in Week 6. He might be able to return to play the San Diego Chargers in Week 7, the source said.

An MRI on Monday confirmed there was no serious structural damage, but the former Pro Bowler was having difficulty moving when he arrived to the Bills facility.

(more at link)

This is actually not a bad time for him to be out. I would expect Boldin to be out, so they will have one less receiver to play with. Also, it is better McKelvin get some experience now rather than possibly later in the year when the games are going to be in the Division. Plus, he gets next week to rest. I am ok with keeping him out. If we can afford to lose a game, this is probably it.

gonna be real tough with out a #1 corner.

Yeah. Boldin might be out, but they still have Fitzgerald. And Woody Hills' finest, Steve Breaston, is making some plays for them, too.

This is actually not a bad time for him to be out. I would expect Boldin to be out, so they will have one less receiver to play with. Also, it is better McKelvin get some experience now rather than possibly later in the year when the games are going to be in the Division. Plus, he gets next week to rest. I am ok with keeping him out. If we can afford to lose a game, this is probably it.

I agree, for the most part. It sucks to have McGee out, but this is as good as week as there is, for it. Leodis looked decent in emergency service, yesterday, IMO.

gonna be real tough with out a #1 corner.

I like our chances with Greer, Yabouty and McKelvin. Plus Whitner can sometimes switch to a coverage corner. And we might get to finally see Reggie Corner get somes reps if Terrance is inactive. We have DEPTH at corner and returner now so we will be fine.

I agree, for the most part. It sucks to have McGee out, but this is as good as week as there is, for it. Leodis looked decent in emergency service, yesterday, IMO.

McKelvin does seem to look good, but unfortunately, as we saw in preseason, he only needs to be duped once to give the six up in a bad way.

I like our chances with Greer, Yabouty and McKelvin. Plus Whitner can sometimes switch to a coverage corner. And we might get to finally see Reggie Corner get somes reps if Terrance is inactive. We have DEPTH at corner and returner now so we will be fine.

Yeah, Whitner played some nickel after McGee went out.

Our 3-headed ST attack is down to 1

Jackson didn't look so bad on punts yesterday. As long as this isn't a long-term thing (and it doesn't sound like it) ...

That Breaston guy seemed to be making lots of plays too...he seems like a pretty good #3 for the Cards...

That Breaston guy seemed to be making lots of plays too...he seems like a pretty good #3 for the Cards...

No doubt; he was a Roscoe clone at Michigan.

When the Bills drafted Parrish I was actually hoping they'd wait a year and take Breaston.

And I don't agree with those who think this is a good time to lose Terrence. My guess is that we'll see Boldin (who is playing for a monster contract); and missing our most veteran corner (not to mention the only one with any size) when we go to take on that AZ WR corps is going to make things real tough.

No doubt; he was a Roscoe clone at Michigan.

When the Bills drafted Parrish I was actually hoping they'd wait a year and take Breaston.

And I don't agree with those who think this is a good time to lose Terrence. My guess is that we'll see Boldin (who is playing for a monster contract); and missing our most veteran corner (not to mention the only one with any size) when we go to take on that AZ WR corps is going to make things real tough.

If Boldin plays, I agree. Still, better to have it occur against an NFC team.

I don't want to be a the guy who rains on the parade, but I sprained an MCL a number of years back while skiing in Utah. I'm not Terrence McGee, or anything approaching a professional athlete (well, I was pretty good on the downhill back then), but that knee sure hurt like hell for awhile. I can't imagine sprinting forward and backward against people hauling ass with 4.3 speed with an injury like that. Thank God for the bye week - he may not even be back by then. Nice to have some depth at the position.