Dissed!

WWVaBeach

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard the same sort of things on and off for a week now...But The Bills do have their National Media supporters too...Most of the Guys on NFL Network are on the Bandwagon...Even Deion Sanders who points out The Bills are young and due for a rough week or two, but also states they are resiliant and have the potential to be a good Team for years to come..

One thing I think most of the negative-talking heads are missing is the fact that the Bills may very well be the most balanced Team, in all 3 phases, in the NFL...They may not be spectacular in any one phase (they are very good on ST's though), but they are also not bad in any one phase either...And that type of balance should keep them in games with a chance to Win in the 4th Quarter against most any NFL Team...Especially at Home...

What "experts" like Carter should keep in mind is that with every Bills Win (and they have 4 of them now vs. no losses) it becomes MUCH harder for any Team to come into Buffalo and leave with a victory...The Bills have a HUGE Home Field advantage that We as Bills Fans have not witnessed in a while because The Bills have been mediocre for Years now...We forget how much a packed Ralph can effect the outcome of a Game with The Playoffs looming...With 6 Home Games left on the Schedule, and Road Games at Miami, Arizona, and KC still remaining, I feel the Bills are looking at 10-6 as a worst case scenerio...Think about it...The Bills go .500 from this point on and they finish 10-6...They can assure that Record simply by winning ONLY their remaining Home Games...

I know it's still a ton of speculation after only 4 Games...But dissing The Bills because they supposedly have not played anyone worth mention is a joke...Jacksonville was picked by plenty of "experts" to represent The AFC in The Super Bowl this Season and The Bills beat them fair and square in 90 degree Jacksonville heat no less...The Bills have played their Schedule as it was given to them, and they are 4-0...That's all that needs to be said about it...

How they do from this point on is still up in the air...Duh!...But no matter...Just do the math...6-6 from this point on probably gets the Bills into the Playoffs...7-5 from this point on and The Bills have a darn good chance to win their Division...Think about it...The Pats have to go 9-4, and the Jets have to go 9-3 from this point on to get to 11-5...New England has Road Games remaining at Indy, Buffalo, San Diego, Seattle, Miami, and Oakland (they still have Buffalo, Denver, Pittsburgh and The Jets at Home as well)...The Jets have remaining Road Games at Buffalo, Oakland, New England, Tennessee, San Fran, and Seattle (as well as Buffalo and Denver at Home)...No matter how anyone looks at it The Bills could not possibly be in a better position than they are in now...And their hard work got them here...While perennial AFC powerhouses like New England, San Diego, and Indy were losing Games they should have won (on paper at least), The Bills were taking care of business...

Sorry about the long Post... :thumbdown:

I heard it too. He said that he and Golic could get together and beat the Raiders. He specifically said that the Rams and the Raiders games don't mean anything. He also stated that we would slip back to the middle of the pack where we belong once we play our divisional games. He is and always has been, a tool.

And who in our division is better than us right now? Which Favre will show up when they play us? 3int Brett or 6 TD brett?

Cassel should just hide back in his and pick up a clipboard and miami is better but not ready to compete yet

Here's my take....we're 4-0 but we are not a strong 4-0. I hate to admit it, but it is true.

The only other 4-0 team is the Titans. They haven't beaten great teams either (Jags at home, Bengals, Texans, and Vikings).

But the Bills still haven't played well for a full game, offensively. So there's reason for hope.

Chris Carter just slammed us on Mike & Mike saying we are yet to play anyone. And something like 'wait til they play someone, it'll be overwith".

Ah shoot, CC. I guess that means our wins don't count. :thumbdown:

This shows you, WWVBeach, where we are if some of the guys in the bizz are starting to hate on us. :w00t:

Le him do it all he wants.

A lot of it is just your perspective or point of reference. Carter's comments reminded me of Mike Francessa on Friday: "People are talking about the Bills winning 13 games - I don't see that". Really Mike? Who are those people? I haven't heard them even from the rose-color glasses crowd on TBD.

I think as a fan of a team that's done nothing in a decade, being a contender to win the division and host a playoff game while not necessarily being the SB favorite qualifies as "being for real". But it seems like several in the media like to set up these straw-man arguments of imaginary expectations because they don't want to admit they were wrong in the preseason.

Hold on a sec here. I'm not going to argue that our OL has been playing well, but our DL has been flat out dominant this year. Rams had a lot of yards on the ground, but most of that was in the first half while using a lot of spread offense and flanker runs, because going up against the DL has not worked for the opponents this year. Look at the 3rd down conversion % - that's probably as good a stat for quality DL play as you'll get.

No, I cant fully agree with you on this one. The D-line is playing better than the O-line, but they're not dominant...they had one dominant game against Seattle, that was it. They're playing solid and above avg, but again not dominant.

He is correct in his statement and says exactly what ESPN pays his spew! The combined record of the teams we have beat is 4-11. It's a nice start and I win in Arizona will only bring more of the same mixed review.

And their record in games not against Buffalo is 4-7, which means that if the Bills were average, there should have been 1 loss in those four games.

Jacksonville?

Minus 3 OL starters. That's crippling - even if there is replacement talent, OL play has a heavy dependence on playing together over time. Orchestration matters. I can't imagine having to plug in 3 backups and getting all the OLs on the same page in a week.

SEA with OL and defensive loss, a QB with iffy back...JAX injuries... a weak OAK with nutty ownership, STL a franchise in shambles...IIRC, before the season, the easiest (or close to easiest) strength of schedule.

All the stars have been in alignment for BUF so far. Media pundits see this; I can't blame them for a wait-and-see attitude.

And Cris Carter took his teams to how many Super Bowls in his career?

Edit:

Carter's teams were 4-10 in the postseason, his teams lost four playoff games AT HOME, and his teams NEVER won a playoff game against a team with more than 10 wins.

So I guess Cris Carter knows what he's talking about when he says a team should "wait until they play someone good and they'll come back to the middle of the pack" or whatever it was he spewed.

Cris Carter is a joke.

I heard him say it this morning and then I realized it was chris carter who said it

HE IS A HORRIBLE ANALYST SO WHO CARES WHAT HE SAYS when we beat the chargers who are someone im sure hell say its because we had a bye week and the had to fly to the east coast im sure well be completely dismissed godforbid we lose a game this year possibly by some people on this board :thumbdown:

Minus 3 OL starters. That's crippling - even if there is replacement talent, OL play has a heavy dependence on playing together over time. Orchestration matters. I can't imagine having to plug in 3 backups and getting all the OLs on the same page in a week.

SEA with OL and defensive loss, a QB with iffy back...JAX injuries... a weak OAK with nutty ownership, STL a franchise in shambles...IIRC, before the season, the easiest (or close to easiest) strength of schedule.

All the stars have been in alignment for BUF so far. Media pundits see this; I can't blame them for a wait-and-see attitude.

I agree with Cincy's post, can't really fault them at this point.

That being said... prove em wrong boys!

He is correct in his statement and says exactly what ESPN pays his spew! The combined record of the teams we have beat is 4-11. It's a nice start and I win in Arizona will only bring more of the same mixed review.

and the combined record of teams that the Titans beat are 3-12...but they are obviously better than us? :thumbdown:

Carter has never liked or respected the Bills. Something must have happened in the past. He is a grudge holder. He still hates Buddy Ryan and the Eagles for passing him over. Who cares with these guys anyway? As far as I can see, there are no world beaters in this league. Anyone seems to be able to defeat anyone. Every team is is potentially dangerous. Dallas and Denver just found that out. I'd rather just continue to be an underrated team that continues to get no respect from the experts.