Dissed!

WWVaBeach

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Carter just slammed us on Mike & Mike saying we are yet to play anyone. And something like 'wait til they play someone, it'll be overwith".

I heard it too. He said that he and Golic could get together and beat the Raiders. He specifically said that the Rams and the Raiders games don't mean anything. He also stated that we would slip back to the middle of the pack where we belong once we play our divisional games. He is and always has been, a tool.

Chris Carter just slammed us on Mike & Mike saying we are yet to play anyone. And something like 'wait til they play someone, it'll be overwith".

Go figure,Espn showing no respect to the Bills.Besides Chris Carter is Not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.Pay no attention to him. :thumbdown::w00t:

I hear it, too. He said we need to "slow down" the talk about the Bills. He basically said the best team we beat was the Raiders and then said he and Mike Golic could beat the Raiders. He also pointed out we are the only team yet to play a divsion opponent. He said the Bills can either build a big lead in the coming weeks of fall back into the pack. He said the Bills will fall back into the pack. He aslo said the Titans are much better than he Bills.

I was irritated as Carter was saying this and neither Mike was disagreeing, but really, I am happy that there are still serious doubters out there. I want them doubting right up until the goalposts are coming down.

The Bills play the schedule they have. They win the games. What else can they do. Mike and Mike in the morning arent anything more than a couple of clowns blowing. Besides that little worm is a big jests fan and Golic has eaten enough frozen, over priced weight loss TV dinners to kill a horse.

The Bills play the schedule they have. They win the games. What else can they do. Mike and Mike in the morning arent anything more than a couple of clowns blowing. Besides that little worm is a big jests fan and Golic has eaten enough frozen, over priced weight loss TV dinners to kill a horse.

Exactly,shorty is a big Jets ballwasher

So, when Chargers come back against Oakland it's a testament to their lofty status in the AFC, but we haven't played anyone because Oakland sucks? Denver just got crushed by KC, and Denver "beat" SD. What does that mean?

Let them diss us all they want. All we have to do is play .500 ball the rest of the way, and we are 10-6, and no one will remember in December who we beat in September. Patience, my friends, we just need to keep winning and everything else will fall into place. Relax, like I am trying (and failing) to do. Go Bills!

We all knew that was coming. The old adage holds true, the only thing worse than beating a struggling team is to lose to a struggling team. The bottom line is that we are 4-0 which beats the heck out of all alternatives. And yes, we will be playing better teams and we will all be watching those intently to see just how well we measure up if not foir any other reason but to shut down this kind of talk.

My sense is that we are going to get better as the season goes on, a lot better, barring injuries.

Poz is finally getting the experience he needs to go along with his skills and intensity.

We are finding new ways to use Marshawn and Freddie, a pair looking more and more Thomas/Davis like.

Ko is back, all the way back.

Trent is only going to get better.

McKelvin is coming along and certainly has show flashes of brilliance on returns and, starting yesterday, in the secondary.

Guys who some might see as an afterthought, Greer and Reed come first to mind, are making key, game winning plays.

We might not be "dominant" and yeah, we seem to be sleepwalking in the first half but man-oh-man, 4-0 is sweet and if they work hard to get better each week, we are in for a ride this season.

Here's my take....we're 4-0 but we are not a strong 4-0. I hate to admit it, but it is true. Those guys have a valid point....no need to slam us, but they're not pff their rockers either. Good points made about the Chargers beating the Raiders and KC knocking off Denver, but I'm really concerned about the Bills line play here. We're not dominating ANYONE on either side of the line and that concerns me a TON. We need 150 yds rushing a game and need to allow under 100 yds rushing on D. We will fall back to the pack without getting stronger up front. I thionk we'll get better, but so will other teams so we need to get THAT MUCH better. I've been wishing for some additional line help for 5 years now and what we have is good but not great...we NEED great! Time to upgrade the O-line (Fowler) and add some more beef on the D-line as well.

As far as play calling on O...we need to start throwing more to Lynch out of the backfield...little screens and circle passes to keep the defenses honest to give Trent more time to hit the deep/intermediate routes, or the screens if need be...Thurman Thomas/Kenny Davis anyone?

Just my take...

We're not dominating ANYONE on either side of the line and that concerns me a TON. We need 150 yds rushing a game and need to allow under 100 yds rushing on D. We will fall back to the pack without getting stronger up front. I thionk we'll get better, but so will other teams so we need to get THAT MUCH better. I've been wishing for some additional line help for 5 years now and what we have is good but not great...we NEED great! Time to upgrade the O-line (Fowler) and add some more beef on the D-line as well.

As far as play calling on O...we need to start throwing more to Lynch out of the backfield...little screens and circle passes to keep the defenses honest to give Trent more time to hit the deep/intermediate routes, or the screens if need be...Thurman Thomas/Kenny Davis anyone?

Just my take...

Hold on a sec here. I'm not going to argue that our OL has been playing well, but our DL has been flat out dominant this year. Rams had a lot of yards on the ground, but most of that was in the first half while using a lot of spread offense and flanker runs, because going up against the DL has not worked for the opponents this year. Look at the 3rd down conversion % - that's probably as good a stat for quality DL play as you'll get.

The pro prognosticators...you know - the self-anointed 'real knowledgeable football gurus'...pretty much have to say schitt like that, I think, or they'd be admitting that they were fools to begin with for predicting Da Bills to finish 3rd or 4th in the AFC East, missing the playoffs again, with a 6-10 or 7-9 W-L record, no?

Let's not call a spade a shovel here - the Bills are good. Scary good. We came back and kicked ass in the second half. We shut out another NFL team - one with their coach's job 'on the line' - 25-0 in the last 30 minutes. On the road. That's with a missing Roscoe Parrish, a fat outa shape Jason Peters, and rookies at WR and CB - this team is only going to get better as the season progresses...

19 and 0 baby!!! :w00t:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

Its probably something that is going to continue to happen until we do beat somebody perceived as a powerhouse. The Cards game this week will be our biggest game yet, IMO. They have a very good offense (even though Warner had 25 turnovers yesterday) and it should be a shootout. The D is going to have to get alot better for AZ and for the Chargers after the bye week.

If we beat AZ and SD, there should be no questions as to if the Bills are for real or not.