Mort disses Stroud

Coach Tuesday

All I have to say about Stroud's performance is that our rushing defense has improved by 30 yards per game thus far and we are allowing 93 YPG. Lest someone suggest that our "weak" schedule is the cause allow me to submit that the 3 teams we played are averaging 183, 166, and 122 yards per game respectively, two of those teams are in the top 5 in the league running the ball this year and the 3rd (an "injured" JAX team) ranked 2nd in the league last year running the ball and just ran for 236 yards against Indy only one week after we held them to 98.

I will grant that our front 7 is benefitting from Poz and Mitchell but we all know that run defense starts up front and Stroud is the biggest difference there and the fact that Mort can find something negative to say about just about anything related to Buffalo is well documented at this point.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, wake up. It is obvious that our 5th round DT Kyle Williams is making Stroud what he is. Stroud was a borderline starter and is just riding Williams' coattails. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I would love to ask Mort about when he stated Mike Vick won't face jailtime or Eli Manning was gonna be out for the season with a shoulder injury ast year. The guy is a joke and it's amazing that profession has no accountability once so ever.

It's the other way around m8. Kyle isn't getting double teamed like he was. I'm very surprised that our DE's don't have many more pressures now that they are singled up.

What is the difference between All pro and Pro bowler? I never got that.

You have multiple PB at each position in each conference. All-Pro's are the MVP's for each position cummulatively. IOW, only 22 players and the kicker, punter and ST player.

I.E., you can have 4 OT from both leagues make the PB but only 2 make the All-Pro squad, regardless of conference.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=22587

Mikey(Lackawanna,NY): Do you think the Bills Marcus Stroud is looking like the Pro Bowl DT he was a few years back? Will the Jags regret trading him?

Chris Mortensen: Actually, according to those who have played him, he is not playing that well so it's very ironic that the Bills are 3-0 - and probably about to be 4-0.

Maybe he made a mistake or misunderstood the question. As every Bills fan know's, he's been outstanding for us.

It's the other way around m8. Kyle isn't getting double teamed like he was. I'm very surprised that our DE's don't have many more pressures now that they are singled up.

well joe D loves our d/ends. he could not stop raving about how good they are this week on his show. he stated he just loves how they both play and are relentless on every down.

You're so right. The opposing QBs have had so much time to throw they've been riddling our secondary to the tune of 153 yards per game. How the Bills are winning is a mystery to me.

Players or coaches he played against probably did say that. BUT, the one team that probably said it, IS the team that traded him. Do you think Del Rio gave him props? I don't think so.

You probably nailed it. I'm betting it was the Jags. It sure as hell wasn't Seattle, which never faces Jax, nor was it the Raiders, who aren't saying anything. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was good ol' Gregg Williams, nursing his resentments to this day.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=22587

Mikey(Lackawanna,NY): Do you think the Bills Marcus Stroud is looking like the Pro Bowl DT he was a few years back? Will the Jags regret trading him?

Chris Mortensen: Actually, according to those who have played him, he is not playing that well so it's very ironic that the Bills are 3-0 - and probably about to be 4-0.

Time and time again I have said that this guy is a douche nozzle (R.I.P. George Carlin). He is a piece of lint in the crotch of society. His bias against everything Buffalo Bills deserves two middle fingers up, a kick in the nuts from Boomer that's recorded, posted on YouTube, and played on the Jumbotron at the Ralph during every change of posession for all to laugh at. :lol: Mortenson. :angry:

Stroud is the MVP of this team so far, IMO, and that includes Edwards who has been great.

I'm sure Mort will have a report this Sunday morning stating that, “according to opponents Edwards hasn't been playing that well either.”

it's safe to say that the only guys who mort thinks are playing well are the following:

ryan denney

lee evans

jabari greer

chris kelsay

rian lindell

terrence mcgee

brian moorman

roscoe parrish

jason peters

duke preston

josh reed

robert royal