Mort disses Stroud

Coach Tuesday

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Mort made this up COMPLETELY. That's right, a 100% lie.

First of all, anyone who's watched even one defensive series Stroud has played this season would see he is pretty darn near close to being the Pro Bowl DT he was a few years ago. He had no tackles against JAX, but anyone who watched that game saw him constantly blow up the middle of the Jags offensive line. Same for the Oakland game, where no matter what the numbers say I constantly saw Stroud disrupting nearly everything the Raiders offense threw at our defense. I won't even go into the Seattle game, where he flat-out dominated the entire field.

Second of all, does anyone honestly believe Mort has talked to any of the interior linemen for the Seahawks, Jags or Raiders? I can't say for sure, obviously, but I'm going to say "no, he hasn't."

This is a pure, 100% fabrication on Mort's part, and I'm going to take that to the bank. Even keeping his distaste for the Bills out of the equation, the guy has little credibility left as a reporter. He's just one of those "football guys" ESPN trots out there as an "expert."

SD, I may be wrong, but I think a pro bowler represents the AFC and an ALL PRO is the entire NFL.

...but, I have been wrong before. :rolleyes:

That's basically correct, but I don't recall on who votes for the official All-Pro list.

mort is wrong and stroud is sick, but i would like to provide the counter point that our d is sick even with stroud on the bench. and williams is coming into his own as a really solid guy, and spencer johnson is a human pit bull.

carry on.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=22587

Mikey(Lackawanna,NY): Do you think the Bills Marcus Stroud is looking like the Pro Bowl DT he was a few years back? Will the Jags regret trading him?

Chris Mortensen: Actually, according to those who have played him, he is not playing that well so it's very ironic that the Bills are 3-0 - and probably about to be 4-0.

well i guess mort didnt talk to his defensive teammates because they all attribute a lot of their defensive success this year to strouds presence.

kelsey and poz and schoebel have been singing his praises all summer and since the season started. who ever mort talked to good for him because maybe they will take him lightly. all i know is nobody has run for over 100 yards against us yet this year and last year our run defense was swisss cheese.

Guys, wake up. It is obvious that our 5th round DT Kyle Williams is making Stroud what he is. Stroud was a borderline starter and is just riding Williams' coattails. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I would love to ask Mort about when he stated Mike Vick won't face jailtime or Eli Manning was gonna be out for the season with a shoulder injury ast year. The guy is a joke and it's amazing that profession has no accountability once so ever.

Nonsense. The credit really goes to McCargo, who we are holding back to spur Stroud and Williams to play better because McCargo is ready to take their job. All of the credit for us going 3-0 belongs to Mc Cargo.