Who will be pursue as our backup QB

ganesh

JP will definitely leave the team next year in the hopes of getting a chance to fight for a starting job in training camp.

I don't see the Bills going into the season with Hamdan as their main backup. Who do you think will the BIlls go after for being the guy behind #5.

I defintely see the bills looking for a experienced backup who has started in the NFL before.

The best scenario seems to be that the Rams part with Bulger as they start off on a rebuilding project. Bulger is very experienced and would be a guiding hand for Trent as he continues to learn the ropes of the NFL. The Steelers did something similar a few years ago when they signed Charlie Batch to backup the then rookie Ben Rothelisberger.

Other options include:

1. John Kitna

2. Alex Smith

3. Rex Grossman/Kyle Orton

JP will definitely leave the team next year in the hopes of getting a chance to fight for a starting job in training camp.

I don't see the Bills going into the season with Hamdan as their main backup. Who do you think will the BIlls go after for being the guy behind #5.

I defintely see the bills looking for a experienced backup who has started in the NFL before.

The best scenario seems to be that the Rams part with Bulger as they start off on a rebuilding project. Bulger is very experienced and would be a guiding hand for Trent as he continues to learn the ropes of the NFL. The Steelers did something similar a few years ago when they signed Charlie Batch to backup the then rookie Ben Rothelisberger.

Other options include:

1. John Kitna

2. Alex Smith

dude, its not even October yet....are you that bored with this season that you are worried about next years backup QB?....is this really what is concerning you right now

Bulger is in the second year of a 6 year $65 mil contract, he isnt going anywhere

Other options include:

1. John Kitna

2. Alex Smith

1 or 3 no waaaay to 2

Other options include:

1. John Kitna

2. Alex Smith

Like the other poster said, you need to worry about something else. Besides M Bulger is a better QB than T Edwards is, so why bring him here? To start?

I think we're just fine with Edwards starting and Hamdan as #2 - but we could lose them both to injury, given Peters' piss-poor play so far this season.

Best to go after a durable #3...someone who won't wilt when PayMe whiffs his blocks...someone like...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :lol:

I just don't see this happening. A quick look around the league shows many very good QB's playing. I don't recall so many quality QB's playing at one time, ever. Losman has shown virtually nothing to expect a chance to go somewhere and start. If he does leave -and I'm not so sure his best op isn't right here- he'd still have to fight to make a team, let alone vie for the starter,

JMO.

I just don't see this happening. A quick look around the league shows many very good QB's playing. I don't recall so many quality QB's playing at one time, ever. Losman has shown virtually nothing to expect a chance to go somewhere and start. If he does leave -and I'm not so sure his best op isn't right here- he'd still have to fight to make a team, let alone vie for the starter,

JMO.

Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit, Kansas City, and Miami will all be viable options next year.

Guest dog14787
Like the other poster said, you need to worry about something else. Besides M Bulger is a better QB than T Edwards is, so why bring him here? To start?

TROLL

If JP leaves after this year, I wouldn't have any reason to doubt that Hamden would have a very good shot at moving up to the backup QB position.

Gotta agree. Nothing wrong with homegrown. He knows the guys, the guys know him. Seeing him on the sideline with Trent, he seems to have his head in the game and is ready if the bell rings.

He looked pretty solid in preseason. Can't think of any reason some journeyman "name" QB should have the edge. Hamden may be the answer.

Maybe they'll stick with the homegrown philosophy that's working so well and draft another QB in '09 to be the # 3.

Assuming they don't draft a QB or sign a better free agent

Glad you mentioned that, here is my mock draft and FA list for next season:

Yeah right!!!

We're 3 weeks into the season with a 3-0 record and we're wondering who next years backup QB might be?