We NEED a veteran WR

Dwight Drane

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking sports? I've never heard it called that before? :devil:

Yeah...that's what it used to be known as prior to the year 2000 when it was changed to "ROTFL cuz U got so PNWED cuz Hardy n 'Scoe R da Bomb" or "I have to insert repetitive "witty" comment here to make up for my 3 1/2" member and lack of self-understanding or meaning".

Thank you for a valid line of questioning!

There aren't many names outside that can jump right in. This is the guy I would BEG to come here...

Beat the Patriots anyone?

I don't argue against the Bills having a good and versitile group at WR. The key point is, 3 weeks ago most of this city would be excited to see us go into the last week of the season at 9-6 with a chance to get into the playoffs. Now the way things look, we have a REAL chance of winning the division and an outside chance at a bye. If we stand pat and HOPE everyone continues to develop....we need some luck. If we go get a guy that can add to the team in a manner that many others can't, we are being aggressive and putting it in our hands.

I'm sure Troy's agent floated this article just for a case like this. Let the guy come in for $1.5 mil....pick his brain, get an advantage of New England, let him babysit Hardy and teach him and Roscoe a thing or two, let him play some on special teams, and let him be another coach on the sidelines for the 80% of the plays he will be there. To me it is a no-brainer. You don't need the guy for his physical skills....you need him for his mental skills.

I don't see Troy Brown having anything left. I think we have a very good mix of WR. Good vets in the starting 3 and Hardy and Johnson as your young guys to step in in a year or two. I understand your concern but just don't share it especially after Roscoe and Reed just had very good games.

By the way Steely D, I love the weekly Avatar change. I hope you will have one for each of our opponents this season.

(In my best Elvis) "Thank ya, thank ya very much." I need to work on that it comes out sounding more like Frank Sinatra doing Woody Allen doing Marilyn Monroe doing Bugs Bunny doing Elvis? :devil:

I'm trying but it's really hard to find a Cardinals one, I think I have one but I'd like to find a better one.

I don't see Troy Brown having anything left. I think we have a very good mix of WR. Good vets in the starting 3 and Hardy and Johnson as your young guys to step in in a year or two. I understand your concern but just don't share it especially after Roscoe and Reed just had very good games.

understood...and I like the makeup of this team as well. The best time to prepare for bad times is when times are good. Brown may not want to come back. I liked Marty Booker and thought he would be a nice fit here, but he went to Chicago for decent cash. I think we are set at almost every other position except Corner. McGee has a history of hurting his shoulder on tackles and we can lose him for an extended period at almost any time. Yobouty has played well in a run support CB role so far, but I would be scared dootyless if he had to start, sort of like I would if Hardy/Parrish had to start and play #2+3.

There aren't many problems though, and that's why a move like this is a luxury move...and one of insurance.

understood...and I like the makeup of this team as well. The best time to prepare for bad times is when times are good. Brown may not want to come back. I liked Marty Booker and thought he would be a nice fit here, but he went to Chicago for decent cash. I think we are set at almost every other position except Corner. McGee has a history of hurting his shoulder on tackles and we can lose him for an extended period at almost any time. Yobouty has played well in a run support CB role so far, but I would be scared dootyless if he had to start, sort of like I would if Hardy/Parrish had to start and play #2+3.

There aren't many problems though, and that's why a move like this is a luxury move...and one of insurance.

Oh no you dinint!! Have you forgotten about the first round draft pick!!!

I would let my 7 year old play Roscoe and Hardy in a game of Trivial Pursuit for $1,000 cash

At least you're sending your smartest family member.

And who exactly are we going to cut from the current roster to waste a spot on this needed "player thats also a coach?"

Guest dog14787
How about Quinn Early....:huh:

Seriously.....this group has a very nice balance of experience and youth.....James Hardy gives them size.

If anything I would like to upgrade at the Tight End position with a STUD.....

I've always thought Keyshawn Johnson still had some football left in him, but honestly, you can't get a better role model than Lee Evans. :devil:

Yeah...that's what it used to be known as prior to the year 2000 when it was changed to "ROTFL cuz U got so PNWED cuz Hardy n 'Scoe R da Bomb" or "I have to insert repetitive "witty" comment here to make up for my 3 1/2" member and lack of self-understanding or meaning".

Been reading some Penthouse Forum articles from the 80s lately?