We NEED a veteran WR

Dwight Drane

Drane, are you kidding me? All jokes aside, what are you watching? Besides the capable WRs already on the roster, Fred Jackson has become a legitimate receiving threat, Royal is contributing...adding another body "just because he's a vet with playoff experience" is one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen around here in a while.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drane, are you kidding me? All jokes aside, what are you watching? Besides the capable WRs already on the roster, Fred Jackson has become a legitimate receiving threat, Royal is contributing...adding another body "just because he's a vet with playoff experience" is one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen around here in a while.

Quoted for truth.

Bring up some names that you would like to see come here that are available and better than what we have.

Thank you for a valid line of questioning!

There aren't many names outside that can jump right in. This is the guy I would BEG to come here...

Beat the Patriots anyone?

I don't argue against the Bills having a good and versitile group at WR. The key point is, 3 weeks ago most of this city would be excited to see us go into the last week of the season at 9-6 with a chance to get into the playoffs. Now the way things look, we have a REAL chance of winning the division and an outside chance at a bye. If we stand pat and HOPE everyone continues to develop....we need some luck. If we go get a guy that can add to the team in a manner that many others can't, we are being aggressive and putting it in our hands.

I'm sure Troy's agent floated this article just for a case like this. Let the guy come in for $1.5 mil....pick his brain, get an advantage of New England, let him babysit Hardy and teach him and Roscoe a thing or two, let him play some on special teams, and let him be another coach on the sidelines for the 80% of the plays he will be there. To me it is a no-brainer. You don't need the guy for his physical skills....you need him for his mental skills.

I don't argue against the Bills having a good and versitile group at WR. The key point is, 3 weeks ago most of this city would be excited to see us go into the last week of the season at 9-6 with a chance to get into the playoffs. Now the way things look, we have a REAL chance of winning the division and an outside chance at a bye. If we stand pat and HOPE everyone continues to develop....we need some luck. If we go get a guy that can add to the team in a manner that many others can't, we are being aggressive and putting it in our hands.

I'm sure Troy's agent floated this article just for a case like this. Let the guy come in for $1.5 mil....pick his brain, get an advantage of New England, let him babysit Hardy and teach him and Roscoe a thing or two, let him play some on special teams, and let him be another coach on the sidelines for the 80% of the plays he will be there. To me it is a no-brainer. You don't need the guy for his physical skills....you need him for his mental skills.

You need him for his mental skills?????? Are the Bills' WRs having trouble preparing for their SATs? Too many guys late for Mensa meetings?

Drane, stay off the hooch this early in the day.

Ok....you're going to tell me....the guy that has said from game #2 of last year that Edwards is the starter on this team for the next decade, and that Josh Reed will not only be on the team this year, but the leading receiver...and that Freddy Jackson would not only make the team out of training camp last year, but had the talent to be a starter.....that I am being rediculous? SDS...I am willing to pay the $500 to recover the lost data from the old hard drive so I can save myself broken fingernails typing the same crap to the same people all of the time.

Great! That's what 20 people told me when I made those statements as well. Some of the same clowns that are posting is this thread telling me we don't need a WR when 4 months ago it was a screaming need!!

By the way....Hardy is on pace for 12 catches for 60 yards. Roscoe is nursing a chronic knee injury. Lee Evans Prozac is working so far, YET, he did loaf it on the INT again this week and didn't fight for another ball he should have had.

This team is good. But the 3 day attention span of everyone is going to miss many important factors.

Thank you for a valid line of questioning!

There aren't many names outside that can jump right in. This is the guy I would BEG to come here...

Beat the Patriots anyone?

You've got to be kidding......37 and waaaaaay too old to contribute. Hasn't had an impact since 2002

2007 0-0

2006 43-384

2005 39-466

2004 17-184

2003 40-472

You need him for his mental skills?????? Are the Bills' WRs having trouble preparing for their SATs? Too many guys late for Mensa meetings?

Drane, stay off the hooch this early in the day.

I would let my 7 year old play Roscoe and Hardy in a game of Trivial Pursuit for $1,000 cash

My choices:

Al Toon

Louis Lipps

Carl Pickens

Haywood Jeffries

Herman Moore

:huh:

I was thinking Heywood Jablowme... :devil:

He's in Augusta protesting the Masters Tournament.

I hear Richard Head is available though.

I wonder if Fred Bilitnikof is available

He's a coach on the Faders. The Bills would have to send a draft pick to them. Probably a first rounder.

Ron Jeremy..... or was it Reggie Germany...

Jeremy has an amazing stiff arm.

Bring up some names that you would like to see come here that are available and better than what we have.

Exactly. I'd also like to know who the Bills cut in order to make room.

agreed, Denver Need to replace Cutler and Marshall with Brad Johnson and keyshawn Johnson

:doh:

How many teams have gone to the SB with prior SB winning talent at WR on the roster? The Bills already have Kawika Mitchell on the team for a SB winner.

.....Some of the same clowns that are posting is this thread telling me we don't need a WR when 4 months ago it was a screaming need!!.....

Name a reasonable name and I'm sure many will agree to the concept of bringing him in.

.....also.....perhaps WR wasn't such a screaming need at all. Perhaps we just needed a better offensive scheme(OC) and QBing for the talent to show.

*IMO we still need Hardy to pan out for #2 WR long term but for now.....what do you do?*

You've got to be kidding......37 and waaaaaay too old to contribute. Hasn't had an impact since 2002

2007 0-0

2006 43-384

2005 39-466

2004 17-184

2003 40-472

Dibs....he isn't going to start. You don't bring in a guy that can challange these guys....you bring in an enhancer. That is the point. It's like bringing in Gary Roberts for the playoffs. You don't expect 40 goals from him....it is about attitude, experience, grit and smart play. A $1.5 million tweak can be the difference between 10-6 and starting @ San Diego, or 11-5 and starting home against Denver.