We NEED a veteran WR

Dwight Drane

Bring in Tom Waddle ... http://www.bearshistory.com/lore/tomwaddle.aspx

"Despite being referred to as "The slow white guy", Waddle clinched the 1991 opening victory with a 37-yard diving TD reception, and became an instant fan favorite. He reminded everyone of the overachiever without physical tools that somehow makes it in the big-league. For the remainder of 1991, Waddle became the go-to guy in the Bear's passing game. Against the Jets on national TV, he caught 8 balls for 102 yards, making an impression on the nation. Perhaps his shining moment in the NFL and as a Bear was his performance against Dallas in the 1991 playoff loss. Waddle scored the Bears only touchdown and caught 9 passes for 104 yards. Many of these catches were spectacularly acrobatic, and sent him to the sidelines with assistance after a hammering by Dallas linebackers. "

I remember the Dallas game ... He would get driven into the ground so hard that chucks of turf would get caught in his face mask ... they had to wake him a couple times with smelling salts ... that's the guy that I want!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the Bills should hold off on any free agent signings until we get through the impending rapture/apocalypse you've been preaching (occurring prior to the SD game). We may need the FA dollars elsewhere after that. Sure we could sign a WR now, but what happens if our entire secondary gets raptured? Then we'll need the bucks to fill out that part of the roster.

Um the wrong thread to start after Josh Reed probably had his best game as a Buffalo Bill and is clearly limiting Hardy's playing time right now. My pick - Herman Moore.

Wrong thread to start after the bandwagon filled up.

Look at my previous posts. I said many times that Reed is the #1 look for Edwards and that he probably will lead the team in receptions if he stays healthy.

This is the problem.....21 days of good football and all is well.

How many guys on our offense have won a SuperBowl?

How many have won a playoff game?

How many have been to a playoff game?

The reason you make this move is not because you are lacking talent, but because you invest in SECURING a playoff spot which we are now in. An intelligent guy that can learn the offense in no-time and that will be on the sidelines for over half of the snaps is like having another coach on the team. Another guy that can communicate with Edwards on an ongoing basis to solidify reads.

I know the moniker is "One Game at a Time!"

Well.....by the time something goes wrong, it may be too late. Are we happy just makinga step forward and contending for a playoff spot, or do we attack an opportunity and try to win a division and maybe even get a bye? It's little decisions like this that can make the difference.

I feel the Bills should hold off on any free agent signings until we get through the impending rapture/apocalypse you've been preaching (occurring prior to the SD game). We may need the FA dollars elsewhere after that. Sure we could sign a WR now, but what happens if our entire secondary gets raptured? Then we'll need the bucks to fill out that part of the roster.

Keep that on the PPP board.....you don't see me jaming it down people's throats here, so the next time you B word about religion....think about who brought it up on the football board.

Look at my previous posts. I said many times that Reed is the #1 look for Edwards and that he probably will lead the team in receptions if he stays healthy.

The reason you make this move is not because you are lacking talent, but because you invest in SECURING a playoff spot which we are now in. An intelligent guy that can learn the offense in no-time and that will be on the sidelines for over half of the snaps is like having another coach on the team. Another guy that can communicate with Edwards on an ongoing basis to solidify reads.

Well.....by the time something goes wrong, it may be too late. Are we happy just makinga step forward and contending for a playoff spot, or do we attack an opportunity and try to win a division and maybe even get a bye? It's little decisions like this that can make the difference.

Bring up some names that you would like to see come here that are available and better than what we have.

Golly... here I thought your original post was just a gag a la Crayonz, because it showed such a lack of understanding of the possibilities of adding players three weeks into an NFL season... thanks for setting me straight.

After this season....all of them

agreed, Denver Need to replace Cutler and Marshall with Brad Johnson and keyshawn Johnson