Emmit laughs at Bills

I'll be more specific.

Faulk, Smith, Barber...

RUNNING BACKS invariably make lousy analysts - really they are just backing up their trend of getting the lowest wonderlic scores every year in the draft. All I can figure about Mike Golic is that he must have played RB as a kid... :thumbsup:

On the other hand, QB's and O-Linemen are usually pretty good - and - hey - don't they get the best wonderlic's every year?

(and NO, this is not a race thing!)

I'm not sure why the studios haven't clued into the fact that not all players can contribute anything in the booth.

Coaches, btw, are often a mixed bag, because too many take the game too seriously and/or are unwilling to offend anyone.

Best color commentator in recent memory - Troy Aikman

Worst color commentator in recent memory - Bill Walsh

Players turned Good analysts:

Aikman, Jaworski, Tom Jackson, Goose (he knows his limitations and is actually pretty funny), Dilfer, Tasker

As for all QBs make great analysts...please see Fouts, Dan for one of the worst colour people EVER. Second that with Mr. Blowhard Joe Theismann.

It is a play on the old Bugs Bunny cartoons, when he says "what a maroon, what an embessel.

And (to the bull), "What a nin-cow-poop." "Maroon" is now the preferred word over "moron", IMO. Bugs Bunny rules!

Regarding Emit: Good! I want these guys dissing the Bills, not giving them props. I wish every national announcer said "They stink". Much better for the team, and karma, IMO.

No, but what makes him an idiot is the fact that he's an nfl analyst and never gives any specific analysis. You can tell the guys who watch the film and break it down (Collinsowrth, Marriucci, Tom Jackson), and the guys who just watch the highlights of a few games and wing it (Emmit Smith, Marshall Faulk). I can't stand the guys who have the best job in the world (to watch football) and won't even do it. It is good to see that the guys who have watched more than 1 or 2 plays of bills football this year like the team.

In his own D-O-double G way, I think Dion actually does a pretty good job on NFLN. He always says these little comments, almost under his breath, that show the depth of his football knowledge. It always surprises me.

I'm not surprised. We beat Seattle (injuries...doesn't count) Jacksonville (offensive line problems)...Oakland (god-awful team ...although I for one thought they looked pretty tough!) ...and the next two are gimme's. That's the party line for the media through the bye week. However Seattle and Jacksonville are looking good through the three games...so much for the injury business...and I think that we'll find that Oakland isn't as bad as the media is making out. I don't think we'll get love until we win a playoff game.

In his own D-O-double G way, I think Dion actually does a pretty good job on NFLN. He always says these little comments, almost under his breath, that show the depth of his football knowledge. It always surprises me.

Especially considering he didn't even study film when he played

When Dave Campo, the Cowboys new defensive coordinator, asked the $35 million man to break down a play, Sanders let out a sly laugh. "Hey, Coach," he said, pointing toward the screen, "I got that dude right there. Wherever he goes I go. All that Cover Two stuff you're talking about -- y'all work that out."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nfl

I think an honest list of the crappiest TV commentators in no particular order are:

Keyshawn Johnson - Me thinks he could possibly be ACTUALLY illiterate

Emmitt Smith - Proof that you don't need a 4th grade education to go to college

Michael Irvin - Seriouly, this coke head is unreal, and his HOF speech was such BS - total douche bag

Joe theisman - really? no comments needed

Dan dierdorf - I didn't know they piled sh-- that high.

My Best TV Analyst list

Chris berman

Tom jackson

Terrell Davis

Steve mariucci - Very intuitive

Deion Sanders - only because he has very insightful knowledge of defensive schemes, and pass routes

Jim Mora - Playoffs? PLAYOFFS??? - nuff said

Rich Eisen - He is more of a facillitator, but I really like his analysis

This is not the end all list, just my opinion, but the Worst list should be publicly posted and submitted for their immediate dismissal.

Jags looked pretty OK in running over, thru and around the Colts yesterday...

After their loss of 3 starting OLs the game before the Bills, they were able to work the back-ups into the lineup in the week preceding the IND contest. Much of OL play depends on getting the co-ordination up and working.

My dudes, I really hate Kornheiser. Joe Montana could throw and incompletion on the first play of the 1984 super bowl and he would say "He looked awful on that play. Do we have a quarterback controversy in san francisco?"

Yeah, I noticed that too. He said we basically were a product of our schedule. Last time I checked though, you can only beat the teams on your schedule. And didn't Denver play Oakland as well? Not sure who Tennessee played, but give me a break. Emmitt sucks as an analyst as well. The man can barely string together a coherent sentence. Not exactly analyst material, guess that's why he got demoted.

If you want a good laugh, search Emmitt Smith on YouTube. There are clips of his time on ESPN that are hilarious....they show his complete butchering of the English language.

Don't know if anyone else saw the segment with Stuartt Scott, Steve Young, and Emmit after the game tonight. When asked if the Bills were for real Emmit basically laughed and acted like we are horrible. Claimed that the Raiders are terrible at best and Buffalo has played no one this year. He made it sound like we'll probably finish about 4-12 this year. Of course when talking about the Cowboys he started beaming and all but awarded them the Lombardi trophy.

Not surprising at all... and I think we're all in agreement that Emmit sucks as an analyst, but all the same... what a MAROON!

Emmit is 5 IQ points short of being a retard.....I don't put a whole lot of value in what he says. Hell, the guy can barely put together a proper English sentence....let alone two in a row.