Emmit laughs at Bills

Don't know if anyone else saw the segment with Stuartt Scott, Steve Young, and Emmit after the game tonight. When asked if the Bills were for real Emmit basically laughed and acted like we are horrible. Claimed that the Raiders are terrible at best and Buffalo has played no one this year. He made it sound like we'll probably finish about 4-12 this year. Of course when talking about the Cowboys he started beaming and all but awarded them the Lombardi trophy.

Not surprising at all... and I think we're all in agreement that Emmit sucks as an analyst, but all the same... what a MAROON!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anyone else saw the segment with Stuartt Scott, Steve Young, and Emmit after the game tonight. When asked if the Bills were for real Emmit basically laughed and acted like we are horrible. Claimed that the Raiders are terrible at best and Buffalo has played no one this year. He made it sound like we'll probably finish about 4-12 this year. Of course when talking about the Cowboys he started beaming and all but awarded them the Lombardi trophy.

Not surprising at all... and I think we're all in agreement that Emmit sucks as an analyst, but all the same... what a MAROON!

Jags looked pretty OK in running over, thru and around the Colts yesterday...

Yeah, I noticed that too. He said we basically were a product of our schedule. Last time I checked though, you can only beat the teams on your schedule. And didn't Denver play Oakland as well? Not sure who Tennessee played, but give me a break. Emmitt sucks as an analyst as well. The man can barely string together a coherent sentence. Not exactly analyst material, guess that's why he got demoted.

For what it's worth, Trent Dilfer in a later segment calls us a definite contender. Says Trent is mature beyond his years, plays his best football in crunch time. Goes on to say we're a very well coached team and have the best special teams in the NFL... bar none.

Also called Broncos and Titans contenders (says Titans are best team in the AFC right now as he sees it)... calls Ravens pretenders.

Emmit = Tiki <= Garbage.

For what it's worth, Trent Dilfer in a later segment calls us a definite contender. Says Trent is mature beyond his years, plays his best football in crunch time. Goes on to say we're a very well coached team and have the best special teams in the NFL... bar none.

Also called Broncos and Titans contenders (says Titans are best team in the AFC right now as he sees it)... calls Ravens pretenders.

I really like Trent Dilfer as an analyst. He really seems to know what he is talking about. I heard him on Mike and Mike a bit back, and he really seems to have a very deep understanding not only of what it is like to play(obviously), but he also has great insight into the intricacies of what makes particular teams good. However, the best part about him is the way that he is able to express his opinions not only coherently, but also in a manner that speaks to the common fan. He is like a very knowledgeable friend. *Lovemode over*

I agree with all Trent's assessments

let it go.

I think it was Steve Mariucci on NFLN who said yesterday he believes the Bills are legitimate contenders in the AFC, in large part because of their consecutive 4th-quarter comebacks. Mooch opined that because they are so young and yet were able to produce those comebacks, it will only inspire greater confidence as the season progresses.

Let's face it, guys -- the majority of star players who move to the broadcast booth don't put the work into truly analyzing the league. There are exceptions, of course. I think Young does a nice job, and Tom Jackson has been good for a while. Jaworski also comes to mind. It's like any profession, really. Some folks are prepared and some go through the motions.

Jags looked pretty OK in running over, thru and around the Colts yesterday...

FWIW, the Colts look horrible this year. Peyton is dinged, the OL is banged up, Sanders is out and Harrison is old and dinged as well. The Jags always play them tough, just like the fish always play the Pats tough. The Raiders are not a very good football team. They played a heck of a game but they have no passing game. Seattle is the worst traveling team in the league. I would heed a bit of caution before annointing these Bills as contenders.

It's pretty lame when you call someone else out as a MAROON (sic) and can't even spell it correctly.....MORON