Interesting that some of the pundits are saying the Pats*

by a college style offense and it won't happen again. We had the exact same offense run against us this week and it was by a player who excelled at it in college. McFadden was very good at the Wild Hog offense at Arkansas. However, we adjusted to it very well and it was not even close to effective against our D. Ronnie Brown and the Dolphins learned it from another player on the team from Arkansas but seemed as though they have been running it for years. Hats off to the Buffalo D for being smarter than Belichek.

yeah, our bills team wasn't as bad as the 52-17 score indicated in that one super bowl, we were just confused...

Interesting analogy, as Kelly went down with an injury just as they were going in for a tying score.

I am definitely not saying they were going to win, but after the effort put in to get there (the comeback game), once they saw the writing on the wall, it went down hill quickly.

The Pats* are done. :rolleyes:

It is interesting. I was surprised to see them try the old single wing on us yesterday too. It is a venerable offense that once was actually quite dominant. I've wondered if anyone would ever try to revive it at the pro level...but in order to be really effective it requires a 'slash' type player who can run or throw (especially on the run) equally well...

I will say that it was a very good call against an aging defense like the Pats because it forced them to match up with that unbalanced line after they were getting a little tired - they clearly werent all that stout on the playside as the day went on....

I thought Bill ( :rolleyes: ) was a genius...hmmm...how can a genius not make the appropriate adjustments...I'm LMAO at the genius! :)

couldn't cheat bro!! And oh yea, btw, old habits die hard

Notre Dame computer ordered removed

Much more from the MSU-Notre Dame game later. One quick note from today: Notre Dame had a laptop in its coaches box, which was ordered removed from the box by game officials late in the first half.

"It wasn't like someone was trying to do something illegal," Charlie Weis said. "I made sure I let them know that at halftime walking in, that that was the case. Because the last thing I ever want to do is lie."

It's against NCAA rules to have a laptop in a coaches box during a game. Weis said an intern had brought the computer into the box.

I'm also impressed by the way the talking heads are stating that the Pats "will be fine after the bye week, once they have a chance to install an offensive package that works for Matt Cassell."

I realize the guy has barely played, but HE HAS BEEN IN THE LEAGUE FOR THREE YEARS!! HE PLAYED THE ENTIRE PREASEASON!!! It just seems a little simplistic to say "The Pats will be fine, you know their coaching staff will use the bye week to their benefit." How, exactly, do we know that??? What have they been doing for the last three weeks? What is this new, miracle offense they are going to create in two weeks?

You can draw up all the plays you want. Executing them against a defense "throwing the kitchen sink at cha" is the difficult part.

Also, I couldn't help but notice Randy Moss pulling up on a high pass over the middle yesterday, clearly hearing the footsteps......

couldn't cheat bro!! And oh yea, btw, old habits die hard

Notre Dame computer ordered removed

Much more from the MSU-Notre Dame game later. One quick note from today: Notre Dame had a laptop in its coaches box, which was ordered removed from the box by game officials late in the first half.

"It wasn't like someone was trying to do something illegal," Charlie Weis said. "I made sure I let them know that at halftime walking in, that that was the case. Because the last thing I ever want to do is lie."

It's against NCAA rules to have a laptop in a coaches box during a game. Weis said an intern had brought the computer into the box.

ROTFLMAOPIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

When you are used to stealing signals,jamming radio signals........it's hard to make adjustments when you can no longer look at tape ...............This wasn't Cassel who got rolled on .This was the Patriots D-fense. This has the look of Belicheck when he was coaching the Browns .............When you cheat for so long you forget how to prepare for a team ....... This is with noddle arm Pennington at QB it was 10-offensive players against the Patriots 11 and the Defense look like ,Sarah Palin trying to talk to Russia about stopping their agression , just got rolled it was quite funny and sad

Well...did they look confused?

If so, then they were, in fact, as bad as they looked.

My real point was that we faced the same offense that was supposedly so perplexing and handled it relatively well. The big play that the Raiders had was not the same play. No one in the media has mentioned that Oakland used this against the Bills.

by a college style offense and it won't happen again. We had the exact same offense run against us this week and it was by a player who excelled at it in college. McFadden was very good at the Wild Hog offense at Arkansas. However, we adjusted to it very well and it was not even close to effective against our D. Ronnie Brown and the Dolphins learned it from another player on the team from Arkansas but seemed as though they have been running it for years. Hats off to the Buffalo D for being smarter than Belichek.

Confused once very likely; confused twice and there after on the same play impossible!!! Sorry but each time the formation was the exact same when they ran the ball. This would only confuse people who are bed ridden by coma.

Sorry, but I agree with the pundits.

The Pats are still the reigning AFC champions and until they are "dethroned", they are still the team to beat. For cryin' out loud, they won 18 straight games last season. Suddenly, they're crap because they lost to the Dolphins!? I don't think so. The Dolphins had many close games last season, so it's no big surprise that they were capable of this. The Pats were due for this. They probably even welcome it -- imagine the ridiculous pressure of trying to repeat a perfect regular season? It would be unbearable. With this loss, the Pats might start enjoying to play football again. This is still a dangerous team. Until the Bills beat them, they haven't.

The Pats are still the reigning AFC champions and until they are "dethroned", they are still the team to beat. For cryin' out loud, they won 18 straight games last season. Suddenly, they're crap because they lost to the Dolphins!? I don't think so. The Dolphins had many close games last season, so it's no big surprise that they were capable of this. The Pats were due for this. They probably even welcome it -- imagine the ridiculous pressure of trying to repeat a perfect regular season? It would be unbearable. With this loss, the Pats might start enjoying to play football again. This is still a dangerous team. Until the Bills beat them, they haven't.

I understand the argument, Chaz, but I have to respectfully disagree to an extent. That's a position posited by Madden. "They (fill-in-the-blank) won it last year, and in my book, that makes 'em the team to beat". I've heard him say it year-in, and year-out. Right after "Bang, Whap, Snot".

Let me try a baseball metaphor. The 1997 Florida Marlins (okay, I think it was 1997) won the whole shooting match. World Champions. A team constructed primarily of high-priced free agents and stars who had one goal - win the whole thing this year. And they did it! Well done! In the offseason, however, Wayne Huizenga realized that he was going to have to keep paying for all this stuff, and decided that discretion was the better part of valor. Poof. He cut everyone. The team was a shell of its former self.

Using the Madden logic, well, the 1998 Marlins were the team to beat. Right? I mean, after all, they had just won the whole thing, and quite convincingly. As I recall, that's just what a lot of teams around the league did. The Marlins got beat. Like a rented mule (for you animal abusers). Okay, this is a bit extreme, but you get my point. It doesn't matter a sparrow's fart what the team did last year. There are too many variables week-to-week. And the Pats* are now being exposed for what they are. Old, slow and lacking depth. So now they're looking at bringing in an even LESS experienced quarterback?!? Oh, that'll improve things. And surely no other defensive coordinator in the league will figure him out. Maybe he'll be able to throw to Randy Moss. Randy Moss...whose head is already focused on the next BassPro tour gig.

This next two week period is going to be the most critical test of the Pats* coaching staff's collective career. They could have a shot at getting this team to 9-7. Or they could let it become the next version of the 2005 Buffalo Bills. Remember THAT operation? Remember how close the Bills were at the end of 2004, and all that was needed was a little tweak? And for two weeks, the Bills made the oldest mistake in Sales 101: "Never believe your own bullschit". What a meltdown. I'm thinking the Pats* are right there. Let's see what this coaching staff is made of.

These guys are a lot closer to the 1997 Marlins or 2005 Bills than they are to the 1991, 1992 or 1993 Buffalo Bills. The Pats* have nothing. Nothing.

Let me try a baseball metaphor. The 1997 Florida Marlins (okay, I think it was 1997) won the whole shooting match. World Champions. A team constructed primarily of high-priced free agents and stars who had one goal - win the whole thing this year. And they did it! Well done! In the offseason, however, Wayne Huizenga realized that he was going to have to keep paying for all this stuff, and decided that discretion was the better part of valor. Poof. He cut everyone. The team was a shell of its former self.

I do appreciate your argument. Last year's success is no guarantee of future success. However, the Marlins were completely disassembled after they won the World Series. No such thing happened with the Patriots. Yes, I do believe they are weaker this season than they were last seaon -- mainly because of Brady being out, but also for the reasons you state, as well -- a year older, a tad slower, etc. However, this is still a Belichick-coached team and that guy can out-coach a LOT of good coaches. They'll win some games simply on the inertia of winning 18 straight games. Winning has become a habit for them. I respect the argument that they are weaker, but I don't at all agree with posters saying they are "done" based on one bad performance. I can still remember losing 20 straight games to the Dolphins in the 70's -- that really sucked big time. And, as it stands now, the Patriots have defeated the Bills, what, 9 straight times now! My point is until we actually BEAT them, the posters saying they are "done" may end up eating some crow. Buffalo has to prove it on the field when they face the Patriots head-to-head that they are the better team. I'd be very happy with a split this season just to break that 9-game streak.

Ok the dolphins arent as bad as their record would indicate ill give you that one but even so the pats* looked unispired and lethargic. Moss was giving up on routes, the defense wasnt running down plays and the offfense sucks.

The dolphins played well but the pats* lost big time

IMO The main issue the Pats faces this year is not their "aging" D (they'll be fine) or Cassel (he'll be OK), it's their poor running offense that makes them so one dimensional. Maroney is not a great back and their O Line is not at the level they were those last few years.