Did anyone catch the jack@ss CBS announce crew..

Heels20X6

Can't remember who was calling the game with Dan Fouts but they were attrocious at times with their love of JaMarcus Russell. And when he threw the TD to Higgns, idiot play-by-play guy said: "and that ends the game" or something to that effect. He didn't say "should" or "could" he said it with finality.

Good to see our Bills made him eat crow on national TV.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't remember who was calling the game with Dan Fouts but they were attrocious at times with their love of JaMarcus Russell. And when he threw the TD to Higgns, idiot play-by-play guy said: "and that ends the game" or something to that effect. He didn't say "should" or "could" he said it with finality.

Fouts..... with Criqui in agreement?

What bothered me a bit more was Fouts continually saying Buffalo should play for the Field Goal on the drive that got the Bills to within 2 points at 23-21. Thank God they went for the score......

Now you know why Fouts never got a SB ring....

Yeah, I'm going there.

What bothered me a bit more was Fouts continually saying Buffalo should play for the Field Goal on the drive that got the Bills to within 2 points at 23-21. Thank God they went for the score......

That was such a stupid statement, especaially since it is hader to score a TD than a FG so if the team is clicking, why would you suggest to kick a FG on first down?

yes he said it and i heard..or vice versa...or...

yeash but then when Criqui asked him if the bills should go for the FG he said no they should keep moving cuz Edwards is hot.---So he makes the suggestion then he said it was the wrong thing to do....

Fouts was an alltime great QB and about a D or D+ as an announcer. At least he is less annoying than Dan Dierdorf.

That was such a stupid statement, especaially since it is hader to score a TD than a FG so if the team is clicking, why would you suggest to kick a FG on first down?

Yeah, when you have a first down at the opponent's 15, down by two scores, I don't think there's a single coach at any level that would elect to kick a field goal. Hell, you could bring in the swim coach and he'd tell you to go for the touchdown. Maybe Fouts was just showing why he never got into coaching.

He is surprisingly dumb for a HOF QB.

With 2:15 left and the ball at midfield down by only 2 - is the clock really your enemy at that point? "They need to hurry up and run another play here!". Really Dan? Why?

he caught himself after he said it, not a big deal

He is surprisingly dumb for a HOF QB.

With 2:15 left and the ball at midfield down by only 2 - is the clock really your enemy at that point? "They need to hurry up and run another play here!". Really Dan? Why?

:thumbsup: I was thinking the same thing at the time- Fouts, are you watching the same game I am?

I didnt agree with it but I cant understand why he said it, Bills only had one timeout and there wasnt a lot of time left...if the Bills kick and made the FG it would have been a one score game and would have saved them time on the clock...again I didnt agree with it but I understand what he was saying

his point was you save time by kicking the FG there