Charles Robinson---"Fred Jackson has Starter written all over him

Big Turk

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the Yahoo!.com NFL writer who broke the Reggie Bush violations story a couple of years ago. Worked at the Freep for a while before that.

Holmes had two 100-yard games, almost exactly a season apart.

Always with the facts, this Lori is.

For what it's worth, I don't expect Freddie to have many 100 yard games, playing along side Marshawn. But, a great #2 back doesn't have to put up huge rushing numbers to make a huge impact.

#40 Robb Riddick, you knuckle draggers. He was the prototype number two back.

Career ruined by a Seattle cheap shot in a pre season game. Seattle sucks.

It really means something, coming from Conrad Dobler.

Yes:

Darick Holmes-122 and Thurman Thomas-107 vs. Was (11/3/96)

Darrick Holmes had an amazing run in that game in which it seemed like he carried half the Washington defense down the field with him.... I hope its on YouTube somewhere...

Darrick Holmes had an amazing run in that game in which it seemed like he carried half the Washington defense down the field with him.... I hope its on YouTube somewhere...

i remember that. It was Gilchrist-esque.

I was thinking more like Thurman and Darick Holmes, FJ has not become a great blitz pick up player yet. Hopefully they both will have 100 yard games soon like Thurman and Darick Holmes did.

They already did that against Miami last year. I assume you meant do it again though, not trying to be a jagoff here. :thumbsup:

Sorry, didn't see the link. Was expecting it in the actual post that started the thread. Guess it got lost in the two-page conversation you all were having about, well, not the article. Thanks for re-posting it.

EDIT: Actually, WTF did you tell me to read the article for? :thumbsup: What a waste of time this last ten minutes was.

It really means something, coming from Conrad Dobler.

Judge me as you will. I'm not CD, but I admire the mans' competitive spirit.

As far as Robb Riddick goes, he was a first down/touchdown machine. See his 4 TD game against Miami in 1987. Kenny Davis was good, but he was no Robb. Mr. Riddick deserved better than that shot in the knee in a friggen preseason game...

I think Freddy is great.

But, how is he like Michael Turner? Both are good, but they seem like two different kinds of backs, to me.

I think the point is that he is a RB that could be a starter on another team. I don't think he was comparing them as backs.

#40 Robb Riddick, you knuckle draggers. He was the prototype number two back.

Career ruined by a Seattle cheap shot in a pre season game. Seattle sucks.

Riddick was awesome. I remember him jumping over the pile at the endzone to make TD's. Great fun to watch!!

Here are Holmes' stats

Here are Davis' stats

I think VOR is right. Davis was the better back. He would come in when Thurman decided he needed a break and I don't remember much of a letdown in production during the game when he was in.