John Adams

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sold :worthy:

That was a playoff QB on the field today and im not talking about Gerard

And which team is the playoff contender again?

I'll eat crow on my earlier thoughts on TE. The man went ten for ten on his first ten and threw with amazing accuracy. That deep ball to Evans sure didn't look like it was missing any speed and it was right on the money.

Zero picks so far this year. Hit seven different targets. Lead a big 4th Q drive that took the lead. That toss to Evans was PERFECT. He is so calm and cool back there. Looks comfortable and makes the right decisions/throws. He took some hits, but stood his ground to make the throws. Schonert is doing a great job of calling plays for him too. That fumble is on Peters for getting beat by a rookie.

Edwards is the guy. :worthy:

The play that really shows TE smarts was the sack he took near the end of the game. We were trying to run out the clock before the field goal. He rolls out had plenty of time to throw the ball away. He didn't try to force it in and knew that an incompletion would stop the clock and didn't run out of bounds. Processing all this in seconds. Best sack we ever took!

You know you bring up a good point. Does Trent pull a Jason Peters next year. After all, as a 3rd rounder he is getting paid crap, and as the starting Qb on the playoff bound Bills we should re-sign him now.

In my mind there never was a controversy. Trent brought his goods to the table the first time he stepped on the field. The coaches obviously saw that to.

Yea

You know you bring up a good point. Does Trent pull a Jason Peters next year. After all, as a 3rd rounder he is getting paid crap, and as the starting Qb on the playoff bound Bills we should re-sign him now.

He'll be signed to a new contract before next year's camp, probably before the draft. The Bills have been good at paying productive players who exceed their rookie contract. We're talking a franchise QB here-they always paid Kelly, they'll always pay Trent.

Nice game for Edwards.

Sure alot of short check-down type throws, but he was what? like 10/10 to start the game and made some very nice decisions!

The Hardy throw was nice as well.

GO BILLS!!

He finished with a 119.8 QB rating. Very nice. :devil:

That's a 107.7 rating after two games. Solid.

http://www.nfl.com/players/trentedwards/profile?id=EDW720778

He also had two great throws, the 37 yarder to LE and the 7 yarder right down the chimney to Hardy who made a tremendous catch. The fact is, TE has made all the throws asked of him, both short or long, and is making great decisions. I don't care about check downs, I care about completions, yards, and most importantly wins. Edwards looked good today, and the Bills won. Checkdowns that go for 15+ yards are as good as a fifteen yard completion down field. Either way the same result.