Steve Tasker to do Jax game

DDD

Loved this guy as a player. Hate this guy as a color analyst especially when Buffalo plays. He overcompensates trying not to be a Bills homer an is overly critical and just plain annoying. The mute button will be on. :unsure:

True, but the sports media is so ambivalent/condescending to the Bills, I think we do need "homers" on these broadcasts to counter everyone else. Thank goodness Ron Pitts (former Bill, son of former Bills backs coach Elijah Pitts) did the Seahawks game as all the ESPN/NFL Network talking heads did was make excuses for the Seahawks after we blew them out.

Some people need to just watch the game and stop over analyzing every single word the announcers say. Did you see what Joe Blow from ESPN wrote? Look where we are in the rankings? Peter King is an idiot? Berman doesn't love the Bills anymore? The Buffalo News sucks? Susie Obscurity from www.whocares.com dissed the Bills? and on and on and on...

:unsure:

Loved this guy as a player. Hate this guy as a color analyst especially when Buffalo plays. He overcompensates trying not to be a Bills homer an is overly critical and just plain annoying. The mute button will be on. :unsure:

I completely disagree with this. I've heard this over and over and it's just not true. As Bills fans, I think we want him to be a homer and when he isn't and just tells the truth, it stings a little more. I like him.

EDIT:And lets face it, the truth has really stung over the last eight years.

I don't think Tasker is a Bills' homer, when doing CBS games. My problem with Tasker is, he is seemingly always wrong, when he tries to make a point. He'll say something happened, and they will show the replay while he describes it...and...he's wrong! Then, they just go on. No admission of, or explanation for, the mistake.

Now, I should not say he is always wrong, as he often likes to make a point of stating the very obvious.

To his credit, he has gotten better than when he first started, but he is is still among the worst NFL announcers around.

Speaking of terrible announcers, did anyone watch the Bills' preseason game on the NFL network with Sterling Sharpe doing play-by-play? I like SS in the studio, and he is probably does a decent job at color...but he should NEVER be doing play-by-play, if that game was any indication of his skills.

Guest dog14787
I like Tasker a lot. I don't understand why so many people rank on him here. I think he does a great job. :unsure:

I've done a complete turn around on Steve Tasker, I mean this guy loves his football team, and not just the one he played on, Steve Tasker loves the Buffalo Bills. Not only that, Steve Tasker is a good fella, I feel at home and enjoy hearing him do the games now.

After all, He's like family, Steve Tasker is one of us.

I also enjoy the Steve Tasker show. The show is a class act and Taskers love and dedication to the Buffalo Bills shines through, Its the best show out there in my opinion.

Thanks Steve, for all you do, love ya man :devil:

I don't think Tasker is a Bills' homer, when doing CBS games. My problem with Tasker is, he is seemingly always wrong, when he tries to make a point. He'll say something happened, and they will show the replay while he describes it...and...he's wrong! Then, they just go on. No admission of, or explanation for, the mistake.

Now, I should not say he is always wrong, as he often likes to make a point of stating the very obvious.

To his credit, he has gotten better than when he first started, but he is is still among the worst NFL announcers around.

I agree with every word of this

Tasker is brutal behind the mic, but he was a great player and maybe with a little more experience he will feel comfortable enough in his work that he can concentrate more on the game rather then making sure he's not slanting the game towards the bills.

Tasker is brutal behind the mic, but he was a great player and maybe with a little more experience he will feel comfortable enough in his work that he can concentrate more on the game rather then making sure he's not slanting the game towards the bills.

This is his 11th season as an analyst...not like he's just starting out. I like Steve both as a person and as a player, but when he started as an analyst, he sounded like a homer...he went to the other extreme...still hasn't found that middle ground

Hope my boss gives me over a decade to become competent at what I do. The guy is the worst in a very competitive business. Just get rid of him already and bring someone in who can do the job.