I'm sure this won't be popular but too bad.....

Tipster19

There's multiple reasons why. To cheer that someone got mangled isn't right and that is probably towards the top of the list. He's one of the biggest stars in the game that I love and I don't see it as a benefit to losing someone of his magnitude, the game regresses IMO. As a Bill's fan I want our team to be #1 but not by default. I want to beat the best to be the best, anything short of that becomes more hollow. If we are to win the division and have any kind of great success in the play-offs, then we'll never get the proper credit, and we all know how sensitive and insulted most of us get about the credibility that we recieve as a franchise, team and community. The masses can celebrate Brady's injury all they want but it really takes away from all who love and follow the NFL.

There's multiple reasons why. To cheer that someone got mangled isn't right and that is probably towards the top of the list. He's one of the biggest stars in the game that I love and I don't see it as a benefit to losing someone of his magnitude, the game regresses IMO. As a Bill's fan I want our team to be #1 but not by default. I want to beat the best to be the best, anything short of that becomes more hollow. If we are to win the division and have any kind of great success in the play-offs, we'll never get the proper credit and we all know how sensitive and insulted most of us are about the credibility that we recieve as a franchise, team and community. The masses can celebrate Brady's injury all they want but it really takes away from all who love and follow the NFL.

Disagree. Pats are cheats themselves and the refs often cheat for them. Won't find any sympathy from this guy. I was absolutely glowing when I heard the news. Would not phased at all if his career was done.

Guest dog14787
There's multiple reasons why. To cheer that someone got mangled isn't right and that is probably towards the top of the list. He's one of the biggest stars in the game that I love and I don't see it as a benefit to losing someone of his magnitude, the game regresses IMO. As a Bill's fan I want our team to be #1 but not by default. I want to beat the best to be the best, anything short of that becomes more hollow. If we are to win the division and have any kind of great success in the play-offs, we'll never get the proper credit and we all know how sensitive and insulted most of us are about the credibility that we recieve as a franchise, team and community. The masses can celebrate Brady's injury all they want but it really takes away from all who love and follow the NFL.

Popular or not, I'm with you on this :cry:

Still, we have to take advantage of the situation, the time is NOW!!!

As a Bill's fan I want our team to be #1 but not by default. I want to beat the best to be the best, anything short of that becomes more hollow.

Why not? We suffered from inept management for years and the Pats had no problem rolling us despite our handicap. Why the F should we care there Hollywood idol dipsh-- qb is injured. Too f'n bad.

Guest dog14787
I'm sure the Pats* didn't feel hollow running up the score on the Bills last year while half the defense was on IR.

:cry: them.

Thats not what he's saying, and this bad karma thing? we don't want to mess with it :wallbash:

what comes around, goes around :wallbash:

I agree. But if the Bills go on to win the Superbowl this year, there is no way that there would be an * next to it that said - but Tom Brady was injured that season...unlike the *s next to their Superbowl wins.

I'm sure the Pats* didn't feel hollow running up the score on the Bills last year while half the defense was on IR.

:cry: them.

I don't feel sorry for him but at the same time I don't think that it was a great thing to happen to this league though either. I'm just not celebrating the injury for several reasons, that's all.

Guest dog14787
I did too and I wanted that opportunity to prove it.

There's always next year, and who knows, with a little luck, and allot of STROUD , it might be them gunning for us (World Champions) :cry:

I agree too tipster at first i was excited but then if we win the super bowl this year (19-0) then we will not be the favorites because brady is back and honestly for the giants to not even be contenders according to the talking heads is kinda insulting to a football fan. Why couldnt they do it again? o bc the Pats* are still around and you know around the afc it will be well brett threw that pic, ect. I really feel like the Bills will not get the respect they deserve until we win consistently and even then who knows

As a Bills fan im excited but as a football fan its a little sad. But for the love of God i hope ESPN doesnt talk about it all year

I feel bad for Brady on a personal level, but as far as the football sense goes, I don't feel anything. Injuries happen every year in the NFL, teams get crushed when their guys go down, the Pats* are no different. the Bills had to deal with big names going down over the years, now the Pats* have to. sh-- happens.

Besides, I hardly think NE is going to just lay down and die. They still have good players left, are they going to win the Superbowl? Probably not, but I still think they will contend all year for the division. Cassel can't be in the NE system for 4 years and not learn anything, Bellichek kept him for a reason. We cannot take the Pats* lightly this year.

Exactly right, Tipster - I don't like Brady, I can't stand the Cheatriots* or their a-hole fans*, but I never want to see a player hurt. I'd actually rather the Bills beat NE* with Marcia* in there, 'cause I truly believe we're a better team than they* are this season, and 'cause their* a-hole fans* will use Marcia's* absence as an excuse when the Bills kick their* ass.

19 and 0 baby!!!! :cry:

Injuries happen every year, and they impact star players. A Super Bowl championship is a Super Bowl championship, no matter who was in or out of the lineup. That will hold true this season as well.

I've stated this in another thread, but I do feel badly for Brady, the person, because he obviously works extremely hard to be one of the best at his craft, and losing an entire season just sucks.

Sympathy for the Pats* or their fans? I don't think so.

There's multiple reasons why. To cheer that someone got mangled isn't right and that is probably towards the top of the list. He's one of the biggest stars in the game that I love and I don't see it as a benefit to losing someone of his magnitude, the game regresses IMO. As a Bill's fan I want our team to be #1 but not by default. I want to beat the best to be the best, anything short of that becomes more hollow. If we are to win the division and have any kind of great success in the play-offs, then we'll never get the proper credit, and we all know how sensitive and insulted most of us get about the credibility that we recieve as a franchise, team and community. The masses can celebrate Brady's injury all they want but it really takes away from all who love and follow the NFL.

I think most fans make a distinction between rooting for an opposing player to be hurt and feeling happy about having an opportunity to take advantage of the injuries which simply come with the game.

The two are not the same thing.

I think most fans do not root for any player or person to be hurt. However, I have no problem with fans being quite happy with the better chance that the loss of Brady gives the Bills.

Further, there is the additional issue of being happy about dancing over the carcass of a physically wounded Pats team. In general, I do not think this behavior is justified. However, given that Wilfork was fined as the NFL at least did not judge him as exercising proper control over the weapon that an NFL body can be (and that even this is charitable as Wilfork hit JP with his arm which clearly was directed while Brady got hit with a helmet top which MIGHT have been intentional but might not have been), I also see Bills fans reasonably taking a bit of pleasure out of the unbidden fate which karma has brought to Brady.

I hope folks do not root for any injury, however, I simply see it being a related though different case how they react to an injury. Particularly in this case, the unfortunate outcome does have some fairness attached to it. I begrudge no one for having smug satisfaction about how the scales of justice operated in this case.

I in fact was gleeful when the news hit that he was out for the season. The thing is, I don't dislike Brady and I don't wish harm on another but I do hate the Patriots. Brady actually is just a victim of circumstance. I'm not happy he's hurt. I am happy that the Patriots have to play without their star quarterback.

I did too and I wanted that opportunity to prove it.

If the Bills beat he Pats*, they beat the Pats*.

With or with out Brady they need to be able to compete, if they can't who's fault is it? OH, the Pats*

They are supposed to be a system team, where any player can step in. We shall see about that.

If they can wi with out him does that make him less than the football god that he is made out to be?

I have always held that he is an good QB in a great system.