JAX 7 point favorites

Dwight Drane

Well....I guess Vegas called today a fluke. Line opened at Jacksonville -7. I figured it may have been -6 before today's games, but I was expecting to see 4.5 points after today.

Mike better slip a few C-notes back into the wagering pool after the 11K.

I guess the world is anew with Brady/Favre in their new long term homes. Jets 3 point favorites...who woulda thunkit?

Should be an interesting matchup, given how well the Bills D-line played today:

....Del Rio, though, was concerned about the status of his banged-up offensive line.

We're really depleted there," he said.

Besides stuffing the run, the Titans sacked David Garrard seven times and forced into a pair of interceptions. They did it against injury-plagued offensive line that is now missing four key players.

“I just felt like I was getting pressured a little bit too much,” Garrard said. “I’m not trying to knock my O-line or nothing, but they (Titans) have some animals on their defensive line.”

The Jaguars were already without starting center Brad Meester (torn biceps) and backup tackle Richard Collier, who was placed on the reserve/non-football injury list after he was critically shot last week. They lost two more linemen when guard Mo Williams suffered a biceps injury in pre-game warmups and Vince Manuwai, who left the locker room on crutches, was knocked out with a knee injury. Uche Nwaneri, who left with a knee strain, was able to return. They’ll get an update on the condition of Williams, Manuwai and Nwaneri today.

Over on the Jags forum most of the posters sound worried about playing the Bills. One said "Did you see what the Bills did today?". One said "I'm scared but hoping for a W".

From another..

"Buffalo looks pretty dangerous. We need to focus on better blocking and opening up the rushing attack. Watching Tennessee's defensive line man-handle our O-line and teeing off on Garrard was horrible to see. We have to win this game, we play Indy and Pittsburgh next. We could start the season 0-4 and that pretty much flushes our season down the toilet very early."

We got their attention. Now it's time for us to put together a good team effort on the road!

Over on the Jags forum most of the posters sound worried about playing the Bills. One said "Did you see what the Bills did today?". One said "I'm scared but hoping for a W".

From another..

"Buffalo looks pretty dangerous. We need to focus on better blocking and opening up the rushing attack. Watching Tennessee's defensive line man-handle our O-line and teeing off on Garrard was horrible to see. We have to win this game, we play Indy and Pittsburgh next. We could start the season 0-4 and that pretty much flushes our season down the toilet very early."

We got their attention. Now it's time for us to put together a good team effort on the road!

What's wrong with you??

The best part about being a Bills fan is that NO ONE is scared of your team. Even though you know they should be.

It IS odd, with the Jags having lost today, and their O-Line being so depleted, and seeing what our D did today, that the line isn't closer to an even split. This must be a great time to bet on the Bills. Guess I'll go back to Kzoo's thread and see if I can figure out what he's doing, and then go dig up some change. :wallbash:

It IS odd, with the Jags having lost today, and their O-Line being so depleted, and seeing what our D did today, that the line isn't closer to an even split. This must be a great time to bet on the Bills. Guess I'll go back to Kzoo's thread and see if I can figure out what he's doing, and then go dig up some change. :wallbash:

Plus Stroud will be fired up - if that is even a word to use for him after today's game. If our O and ST continue to play just more than adequately, I see this as another win for us. Make no mistake, it was a pretty good Seattle D we faced and we (man) handled them fairly well.

Well....I guess Vegas called today a fluke. Line opened at Jacksonville -7. I figured it may have been -6 before today's games, but I was expecting to see 4.5 points after today.

Mike better slip a few C-notes back into the wagering pool after the 11K.

I guess the world is anew with Brady/Favre in their new long term homes. Jets 3 point favorites...who woulda thunkit?

Basically, the oddsmakers are on mindless autopilot for the first 3 weeks because the betters are also. Bills go 3 - 0, things will change quickly.

The early line that intrigues me the most was Saints (+1) @ Redskins. Granted the Saints aren't a great road team, you have to think they'll be able to outscore Washington.

Jason Campbell has never impressed me and being that its' his first year in the West Coast Offense does not help.