NFL Season Preview 2008: Which team has the drunkest fans?

Ha! There are a lot of drunkards at the games. The NFL is supposed to be cracking down on this though, starting this year. We'll see.

BTW, at the Lions game there was this guy so drunk sitting near me, he sat with his head in his lap for the whole second half. Didn't even move. He puked all over his feet. It was pretty bad.

Ha! There are a lot of drunkards at the games. The NFL is supposed to be cracking down on this though, starting this year. We'll see.

BTW, at the Lions game there was this guy so drunk sitting near me, he sat with his head in his lap for the whole second half. Didn't even move. He puked all over his feet. It was pretty bad.

THAT'S a Youtube special. Bummer you didn't catch it on the cell phone, dammit.

ill never understand why people want to spend hundreds of dollars getting tickets to an event (game/concert/etc) and then get so drunk they dont even remember it, or worse yet, dont even make it inside.

im no tea-totaller but i can get drunk when im at home, or out at the bars, or at a friends party. when i go to football games, im there for football. for competition. for the thrill of the game. not to puke on the poor person in front of me and get manhandled by security in the 2nd quarter. go bills!

ill never understand why people want to spend hundreds of dollars getting tickets to an event (game/concert/etc) and then get so drunk they dont even remember it, or worse yet, dont even make it inside.

im no tea-totaller but i can get drunk when im at home, or out at the bars, or at a friends party. when i go to football games, im there for football. for competition. for the thrill of the game. not to puke on the poor person in front of me and get manhandled by security in the 2nd quarter. go bills!

Yep! 100% right!

Couldn't agree more - for me it's not the cost of the ticket - but getting the ticket in the first place. How are you a 'fan' of a team when you get so blind drunk you can't/don't even watch the team. Same as you - I'll have a few (maybe more sometimes) - but I have never actually gone to a sporting event (including when I was 'young') for a team that I care about and gotten so drunk that I couldn't even watch it - makes absolutely no sense. It always reminds me of when I was a freshman in college in Rochester - and Van Halen was playing in the Carrier Dome - and this kid on my floor was amped about it for a solid two months and when the concert comes we take aroad trip over to Syracuse and what happens but the guy gets so wasted he passes out in the parking lot and didn't even make it inside. What an a-hole. Goes beyond immaturity in my book.

favorite all-time drunk at a football game for me....last year, I was at the Bills-Skins game here in DC after the Sean Taylor shooting. This kid was in sitting in front of me, every two seconds, was turning around trying to give me sh*t about how the Bills were gonna get beaten by a fired up Skins team. Right after the opening play, where the Skins played a man down on D, the kid leaned forward and "glllllluuuuuuuurg" released a Linda Blair-esque vomit stream all over his feet and the people in front of him and then staggered off down the stairs.

Any time someone tried to give me a hard time, I would just point at the vomit and laugh...