Peters Reported

Can't wait to find out what kind of shape he's in.

That I think is the key to this whole situation. If he shows up in shape, picks up the offense quickly, and plays in week 2 (possibly week 3) - and the Bills don't lose in week 1 or 2 because of Tackle play. Then all he has to do is stay healthy all season and continue at the all-pro level he played at last year. Do all that and all is forgotten and he gets a new, big contract.

On the other hand, show up out of shape or don't pick the offense up, take 2 weeks to start playing, play mediocre with nagging injuries all season; and he's just screwed his career.

So, I agree, it'll be interesting to see what shape he's in, and is he practicing with the first team next week.

That I think is the key to this whole situation. If he shows up in shape, picks up the offense quickly, and plays in week 2 (possibly week 3) - and the Bills don't lose in week 1 or 2 because of Tackle play. Then all he has to do is stay healthy all season and continue at the all-pro level he played at last year. Do all that and all is forgotten and he gets a new, big contract.

On the other hand, show up out of shape or don't pick the offense up, take 2 weeks to start playing, play mediocre with nagging injuries all season; and he's just screwed his career.

So, I agree, it'll be interesting to see what shape he's in, and is he practicing with the first team next week.

:thumbsup: or his possibly large pay day with anyone.

Peters doesn't have much to lose. Worst case, he plays out a contract that pays him almost $4M per season. He's not going to get cut, and unless he's really terrible all three years, he'll get another one matching it - or better - when this runs out.

And most likely, he'll play well, get a big contract extension from the Bills next spring, and nobody will remember this holdout.

I don't claim to be an expert on the subject, but playing LT can't be the most mentally challenging job on the team. Block this way, block that way, pull this way, just keep the guy in front of you from getting past you. We all know he has the physical tools already. He'll be fine as long as he is healthy.

I don't claim to be an expert on the subject, but playing LT can't be the most mentally challenging job on the team. Block this way, block that way, pull this way, just keep the guy in front of you from getting past you. We all know he has the physical tools already. He'll be fine as long as he is healthy.

It may surprise you to know but next to QB, OL is considered the most difficult position to learn and master. In watching Peters it's obvious he misses some line calls and makes other mental errors but he's uncanny in his ability to make up for his mental mistakes with pure athleticism. He's amazing from a physical standpoint. When he finally learns the position he may end up becoming one of the best ever given his athletic ability.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes yes...I saw the fireworks in the skies over RWS heralding his arrival. :rolleyes:

I thought the statement on bb.com was fairly terse...

Buffalobills.com has confirmed that Jason Peters has officially reported to the team Saturday.

Peters has taken his team physical, but the results are unknown at this time.

The Pro Bowl left tackle has declined comment today, but has officially ended his holdout.

It may surprise you to know but next to QB, OL is considered the most difficult position to learn and master. In watching Peters it's obvious he misses some line calls and makes other mental errors but he's uncanny in his ability to make up for his mental mistakes with pure athleticism. He's amazing from a physical standpoint. When he finally learns the position he may end up becoming one of the best ever given his athletic ability.

GO BILLS!!!

I have to disagree with you here... i believe WR is the most difficult to learn after QB, its why so few have a year 1 impact.

he obviously didnt care about playing this week, only that he wouldnt miss a game check

I wish I had a job where I could saunter in at the end of the workweek, do absolutely nothing of any use to anyone, and pocket $191,000. Peters is virtually stealing money—money that we fans pay. I don’t know about you, but I have to work for my money. $191,000 for just showing up!

It's also good for them to know things like the depth of the QB drop, QB audible for hot routes- how that affects your block etc... all that whilst blocking this guy and that.

it will be a cold day in hell when peters joins this list my friend.

Chuck Bednarik (C-LB) 1949-1962

Bob (Boomer) Brown (T) 1964-1973

Roosevelt Brown (T) 1953-1965

Lou Creekmur (T-G) 1950-1959

Joe DeLamielleure (G) 1973-1985

Dan Dierdorf (T) 1971-1983

Frank Gatski © 1946-1957

Forrest Gregg (T-G) 1956, 1958-1971

Lou Groza (T) (Also PK) 1946-1959, 1961-1967

John Hannah (G) 1973-1985

Gene Hickerson 1958-1973

Stan Jones (T-G, also DT) 1954-1966

Jim Langer © 1970-1981

Larry Little (G) 1967-1980

Tom Mack (G) 1966-1978

Bruce Matthews 1983-2001 Mike McCormack (T) 1951, 1954-1962

Ron Mix (T) 1960-1969, 1971

Mike Munchak (G) 1982-1993

Anthony Muñoz (T) 1980-1992

Jim Otto © 1960-1974

Jim Parker (G-T) 1957-1967

Jim Ringo © 1953-1967

Billy Shaw (G) 1961-1969

Art Shell (T) 1968-1982

Jackie Slater (T) 1976-1995

Bob St. Clair (T) 1953-1963

Dwight Stephenson © 1980-1987

Gene Upshaw (G) 1967-1981

Mike Webster © 1974-1990

Rayfield Wright 1967-1979

Ron Yary (T) 1968-1982

Gary Zimmerman (T) 1986-1997

GO BILLS!!!

Can't wait to find out what kind of shape he's in.

Didn't Chris Brown see him report? Why didn't he say what he looked like? Did Peters look like he did at the end of last season? That woulda been extremely helpful.

DAN: I don't think he'll play at Jacksonsville and I really don't think we need him cuz he won't improve our chances of winning, IMHO. That's up to the D and most definitely the O. We should just get him in shape and wait till week 3.